What small DFW things will you do w/c 14th January 2019?

Options

Comments

• merida88
    merida88 Posts: 116 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nice to "meet" you princess_pea, and good luck with the IVF!
    Ha ha am I the only one who can have endless amounts of time off and always find lots of things to do (mainly sewing!)

Definitely not the only one! Not that most of my things to do get done, mind...

And on that note, yesterday's list:
    - bike to work AM - done!
    - all meals and snacks from stores - done!
    - check bottle stash/find something to take to friend's later - done! Had perhaps a glass too many, and not enough sleep, on a school night too :o
    - attend to eyebrows thereby avoiding beauty parlour visit - adequately done :)
    - talk myself out of buying some fancy essential oil roll-ons currently sitting in my rainforest shop basket - well I haven't bought them yet, I've moved them to my wish list instead and there they will stay

Today's list:
    - bike to work AM
    - all meals and snacks from stores
    - make list and do small shop for weekend eating
    - sort clean clothes and put away
    - take dog for short outing
    - make some cheese straws from leftover pastry
    - 1/2 hour hoovering/general clean round
    - reward with a nice bath :D

Hope everyone has a good day :D
  • merida88
    merida88 Posts: 116 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OH has helpfully used up all our internet by streaming a film so on phone.

Deeply helpful!
    No alcohol

Adding this to my list too :rotfl:
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    merida88 wrote: »
    ! Had perhaps a glass too many, and not enough sleep, on a school night too :od

MORNING MERIDA!!! :d
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 17 January 2019 at 2:25PM
    Options
    Morning all,

Its so nice to see some blue sky again! Definitley good for my mood :T
    So far today I/We've
    * continued using ys bread with eggs for breakfast
    * ds2 had free school breakfast
    * gym session done (proud of myself as I've been going even though my gym buddy is on holiday - usually anxiety kicks in and I don't go) Refilled water bottle there twice too
    * met with a friend for a run, nice to catch up, good for our health and no money spent in coffee shops so good for the purse too!
    * Was nr a MR S so got some shopping there, I had a £10 off a £50 voucher so bought some new underwear for ds1 (this boy has cost me a fortune since Xmas during this growth spurt!) and the rest of the things that were on my list - added all the shopping up on my phone as I walked round to get to as close to £50 as I could! £50.03 not bad!
    * Brunch at home, fried egg butty :D:D:D

Still need to
    * make dh's dentist appointment, think I can do this online rather then the phone now done
    * run the dishwasher on the quick wash and empty done
    * run the washing machine on the quick 30 degree wash
    * washing away that's now dried done
    * ironing - I have about 5 things in the pile so might leave this til tomorrow when dh's work shirts will have been washed :think:
    * make sure all sockets are off that aren't in use inc alarm clock done
    * check banking/update spreadsheet & email a copy back to me as a back up
    * clean kitchen using stardrops
    * meal plan for the next couple of days
    * update freezer inventory
    * check nothing in the fridge is going off done, used up some peppers, diced some for the kids after school snack with some carrot sticks I've cut, tops and tails of the peppers have been added to the freezer bag for another time
    ** I had some meatballs in the fridge I was going to freeze but have browned them and not put them in the slowcooker with more of the veggies from the fridge use up, added in a bit of the cous cous that I'd made the other day and not finished, with tinned tomatoes etc, this can be a quick reheat meal for the Saturday when we are busier then

Thats my start. Take care all.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :)
    Princess Pea - welcome back and fingers crossed for the IVF. My DD2 conceived both her little ones via IVF :)
    Baileys Babe - you asked about recording spends etc; I record everything in my spending diary, and transfer to a spreadsheet when I get a minute. I find it useful and interesting to keep a track. I don't analyse it as such, but it is interesting to compare year on year (or month on month to start with) and track whether or not I am on budget.
    Ally - hope all is ok.

Been spending today, bought lots of compost to fill up new garden trough. Also a few bits in Mr S. Not much done at all apart from that :o My excuse is that I am still getting over my cold. Sinus issues and accompanying headache now rearing their ugly head.
    Recorded all spends in diary :A
    Folded almost dry washing off airer and put in airing cupboard to finish off out of sight. I don't like looking at the airer during the day, I do my indoor drying (where necessary) overnight using the residual heat from the woodstove.
    Made leek and potato soup for lunch using HG leeks. There is enough for tomorrow's lunch too :)
    Checked banks
    Messaged bank as one of my accounts appears to be missing from online banking list. Apparently I should be able to see it within 5 days :mad: No reason given.
    Few copper coins and 5ps to savings tin

Still to do:
    Update spreadsheet
    Make HM 'pizzas' using stale bread rolls and bits from the fridge for dinner :)
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 January 2019 at 9:46PM
    Options
    Hi January Joy-Seekers,

Evening!:coffee: Not in work today.

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

* Check online banking. Done.

* Check up on Ziffit payment. Done.

* Dinner is meatballs with butternut squash soup as a sauce. Done.

* Check DW's online banking. Done.

* Continue my Challenge 500 miles challenge to travel 500 miles for free before the end of 2019: walking, hiking, climbing, cycling, running and swimming. Will cycle later. Ended up cycling 10.75km and walking 2.4km.

* Needed eggs. Walked 1km to Morrison's as they are cheaper there. Bought 12 YS ones. Done.

“Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.”
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,128 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Frugal Friends,
    A very unchallenging routine day here, which is just what I need atm. Frugal activity as follows:
    *Free fitness relaying buckets of soggy leaves into garden waste bin before wrapping up & going for a brisk walk around the village.
    *Sorted laundry & ironed only what needed it. Switched off for final garment.
    *Did next week's meal plans.
    *Wrote shopping list.
    *Gave up on the novel I was reading & started another charity shop book find instead. Scandi-crime so more my thing than chick litty stuff.
    *Knit sleeve.
    *Did triage of the fridge & put findings to good productive use.
    *Update DFW diary.
    Chilly night coming.up. Stay warm, all.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 January 2019 at 8:00PM
    Options
    Good Afternoon All

Busy day - off to school for the boys careers interview (I can't believe he's old enough, or even I am to be talking about his leaving school, he's applied for courses and just waiting for any offers etc), then home, then to mums to wait for freegler, then back home again.

Checked Bank & made PAD
    Little bit of shopping (for mum)
    Uploaded receipt to Shoppix & COS
    Dealt with freegler
    Swagbucks
    Checked TCB (easy game available)
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer
    Checked: Lucky Bob, FPL, WinaDinner
    Read book (start another book from shelf)

PS Thanks Foxgloves for introducing me to Elly Griffiths, I'm working my way through her catalogue from the library as have set myself a challenge to read 52 books this year and to buy none at all (last year I bought 5 books while on holiday)

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,128 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You're welcome, Ziggy. I like the Ruth Galloway series. I know that area quite well, as it's where we go camping. I'm just starting a nice thick Swedish crime one - 'Crow girl' - a charity shop find & in perfect condition. Love the Oxfam bookshop x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning guys :) Just a quickie from me before I jump in the shower - I nearly overslept this morning as turned off the alarm but luckily woke up 25 mins later!

found out yesterday I will get a £150 extra payment from work yesterday :j it's to do with annual leave and unsocial hours. Not complaining as that is another chunk towards our sofa :D

working so small things will be extra small!

* B/L/D from stores - just need to make roll
    * onepoll - slowly gasping my way to the way out £1.45 needed now!
    * update expenses & ot claim sheet ;)
    * load of washing & hang
    * sewing band on bottom of hoody I tailored on Weds. I had just hemmed but I wasn't happy with the length so am making a band with the lo fabric I cut off :money:
    * continue knitting sock. I should be down to the heel flap this evening
    * stop at the sm on way home as need a top up of basics ;)

ok gotta dah! Have a great day
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business