Life is a minestrone as the song says - my new diary

Options

Comments

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fairly uneventful day, did a few surveys including a YouGov and some Prolific. Decided not to go out as I would probably spend money if I did! :o

Window were cleaned this morning so I'll need to pay that - £7 but worth it as am not good up step ladders at the moment. Big old furry boy was very put out by the window cleaners and was really shouting at them through the window. He doesn't usually bother so maybe they woke him up as he was snoring away on a cushion in the sun in the front window.

Managed quite a bit of shredding, some will go out with the recycling and I'm hoping to take some to recycling centre if I'm getting a lift anywhere. Have started sorting out OH's CD to see if any are sell able. Wrote 2 emails to friends that were long overdue so that feels good.

Online shopping arrived from Asd@ this evening so all put away. Going to chill out before bed after having a mosey around here :)
  • teapot2
    Options
    Am working this afternoon/evening so trying to get organised. Nothing new on the financials, was stressing a bit about money during the night :(

I like being self employed and am probably, after all these year unemployable in any other way - too used to being my own boss :o
    However, its tricky not knowing when money will arrive after invoices are submitted. Most individuals pay straight away and one other bit of work has a regular date in the month when they pay invoices. However my biggest earner is all over the place and I never know when that money will be coming in.

I'm getting to the point when the money I owe on CCs is not much less that the money in my current account and I'm paying bills from the CA so the balance is going down all the time.

Think I just need to have a few deep breaths and know that the money from work will come. Think its partly because I'm impatient to start paying things off the CCs and I do need to get new glasses and probably some work clothes in the near future.

Anyhoo, mumblings over, am making meatballs and tomato sauce for the family to come and collect so will head off to finish those shortly, the meatballs are firming up in the fridge.
  • teapot2
    Options
    Worked this morning and then had physio this afternoon. Some areas of my recovery are going well but I need to concentrate on different exercises now to build up muscles that will help with areas that are currently weak. Going to be hard work I think :eek:

I emailed about not having been paid for last months work and was told it would be in my account today but surprise its not :( Will check again tomorrow.

Have finally reached enough points on NV to claim £50 which they send out by cheque. I need to contact them to find out if its sent automatically or if I need to claim. Did a couple of Prolific surveys today and y'day so thats adding up again.

Had a look in the garden centre after physio as I have a voucher to spend, think I'd like to get some rhubarb crowns to start with. Also had a coffee and cake while I was there :o so not a NSD
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope your muscles continue to improve & the areas of weakness.
    Hope the money arrives soon :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How great to have new physio exercises - that signals that you're getting better, remember :):):)

Rhubarb crowns are a good idea, especially as they need some time to settle in. And ooh, cake at a garden centre. That made me think of a non-gluten-free coffee cake, I'd just like to say, yum. Yum, yum, yum :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • teapot2
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    How great to have new physio exercises - that signals that you're getting better, remember :):):)

Rhubarb crowns are a good idea, especially as they need some time to settle in. And ooh, cake at a garden centre. That made me think of a non-gluten-free coffee cake, I'd just like to say, yum. Yum, yum, yum :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: :D

Thanks KC, started the new exercises today, think they'll be hard work but will persevere

Re rhubarb, the Garden Centre had some pots where it was ilterally the crowns and nothing else showing and other pots that had some stalks and leaves already grown so I wasn't sure which to buy. Theres never anyone around to ask either. I thought maybe one wouldn't show fruit till the next year but no idea of one is better than the other.

BTW yes, they do some very yummy homemade cakes there :rotfl::rotfl:
  • teapot2
    Options
    Caught out by the Law of Sod yesterday. As it had been really warm the previous few days, I wore a thin coat with no hood to go to work and of course it started pouring rain and the mist came right in. Arrived home from work very cold and wet :p

Happily though the pay I was promised had arrived in my account which looks a bit healthier. There has also been talk that there may be some more work available in one of the organisations I do self employed work for. Whilst that would be good, I won't hold my breath as things there keep changing. I'll keep looking for other bits of work in the meantime ;)

A friend came over from the City today so I met her at the station [back to my winter padded jacket] and we had a walk then went for lunch [£7] and had a good catch up. Also posted an online sale and have another thats 'pending' so fingers crossed that converts to a sale.

Hoping for decent weather tomorrow so that I can do a few bits in the garden.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The famous changeability of the weather - its strongest at this time of year, isn't it! Sorry you got caught out, but it still sounds like you had a good day. Let us know what bits you end up doing in the garden :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • teapot2
    Options
    Yep, its 4 seasons in a day time of year :eek: At the moment, think I might have to engage Plan B as its very windy, cold and showery so not my idea of gardening weather. I guess it might calm down this afternoon so for now am off to make some soup for lunch.
  • teapot2
    Options
    The weather didn't improve yesterday so didn't get out in the garden. Looking better for today though.

Didn't do much in the end, was missing OH very much so just had a quiet day.

Today I have 2 online sales to post and I want to buy some cards from the CS as they do 4 for £5. A top up shop for bread is needed too and will have a look to see if there's anything else though
    I have left over cod, prawn and fennel for tea.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback