Life is a minestrone as the song says - my new diary

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's a lot of crossing off, always good :)

Have a lovely day out today.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Watched the rugby y'day afternoon with family - Scotland lost :( Had a nice meal after and the sticky toffee pud I made went down well. It was easy to make so I'd do it again if I have folk for a meal.

Had a long lie today, not a day for being out. Its cold wet and windy here, I put the bin out before it got dark and it felt baltic out there so I wouldn't be surprised if we get snow.

Did the hoovering and some washing and then some admin. Moved money around three accounts and back to 'earn' interest and a 'reward'. Now that I'm back at work I'll start putting any money coming in from surveys etc towards paying off the 0% cards. Checked my gas and leccy account and am still in credit which is great. My DD will go down next month from £93 to £56 so that will help too.

I had an online sale overnight so will pack that up and post it tomorrow when I'm in the City to get the stitches out of my gums.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    A lot of stuff you can tick off in that post, teapot, thats a good'un. I'm glad the sticky toffee pud went down so well, always nice to be able to produce a standby that you know people like.
  • teapot2
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    A lot of stuff you can tick off in that post, teapot, thats a good'un. I'm glad the sticky toffee pud went down so well, always nice to be able to produce a standby that you know people like.

Its not something I'd make very often as its not for the health conscious put it that way [but also very yummy :o]
  • teapot2
    Options
    I rang Lloyds today re OH's PPI having both girded my loins and put on my big girl pants [if thats anatomically possible]. I was phoning to find out which section of the form I should complete as OH's executor as that wasn't clear. The woman I spoke to was very helpful AND gave me the date that OH took out the CC - 1990. I hadn't known this as only had a couple of old statements from early 2002 that showed there was PPI.

OH was unemployed in 1990 as he'd been made redundant from his job in 1989 when the funding wasn't renewed. He didn't get another job until early 1992 so I think that makes the claim more viable hopefully.

It seems daft now but during his time of unemployment, OH amused himself by collecting CCs :eek::eek::eek: Some he applied for but most were offered randomly through the post. Happily he was never tempted to spend lots on them, he just thought it was ridiculous that he could amass over £50,000 credit on these cards when not earning. The credit limit was often increased automatically and several cards had £10,000 limit on them. He used to joke about maxing out the cards and running away :rotfl:
  • teapot2
    Options
    Got the stitches out of my gum today :D was quite ouchy but glad they are gone as they were pulling a bit.

Posted the online sale when I was out and had a mooch round some of the charity shops but didn't buy anything. Had a coffee and a scone £5.60 - city prices :p:p

Made a risotto for tea as trying to use up store cupboard stuff and have loads of risotto rice. Also noticed theres quite a big bag of oatmeal so I might try making oatcakes to use that up.

I can hear its getting really windy now, apparently we're in for gales over the next couple of days:(
  • Karmacat
    Options
    The PPI stuff sounds like it will be a goer, that's great financially. Your OH sounds like he had a wonderful sense of humour! Bittersweet, that ...

And you got your stitches out! You're busy! Hope today is good.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,478 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Promising on the PPI :)
    Well done on making that phone call.

Getting very very windy here.
    Storm Garath I think?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teapot2
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    The PPI stuff sounds like it will be a goer, that's great financially. Your OH sounds like he had a wonderful sense of humour! Bittersweet, that ...

Thanks KC, yes he had a wicked sense of humour and yes its bittersweet. I often think how he would find such and such hilarious so I tell him or the cat anyway!!!
  • teapot2
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Promising on the PPI :)
    Well done on making that phone call.

Getting very very windy here.
    Storm Garath I think?

Thanks Beanie, fingers crossed. Wind getting up again - never good when they give the weather a name :eek::eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback