Life is a minestrone as the song says - my new diary

Options

Comments

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Didn't sleep very well due to it being so windy and noisy. Seemed to clear up during the day apart from a few showers however its sounding stormy out there again and is v cold this evening.

Did some work admin this morning then out for lunch with family :cool: I just paid for coffees after. Nice to go out but we didn't have time to look round the garden centre bit. Am feeling a bit bunged up with a cold today so hoping this is as bad as it gets as I really don't want to have to cancel work but nor do I want to pass it on.

Filled in the PPI questionnaire this afternoon and will post it off tomorrow, had to ring them again to clarify a couple of points and they were very helpful which makes a big difference.

Still full from lunch so didn't cook this evening and going to watch 'Shetland' before bed, need to try for an early night and better sleep as getting up early tomorrow.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,644 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I love 'Shetland' :D

Hope we both sleep well :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teapot2
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »

Its one of my faves :cool: Fingers crossed for sleeps all round x
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »

Please include me in both of these things :j

You guys sleep well :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • teapot2
    Options
    Gah didn't sleep well, combination of the noisy weather, my cold and sometimes not sleeping well when I have to get up early :p

Work went ok and I went to a gallery after to see a street photography exhibition [free]. All B&W photos from the 50s & 60s full of shade and light and with lots of humour and emotion. Very poignant short film about and with the photographer was showing as well.

Only spend was £3.50 for lunch and I resisted the temptation to get the train home - not free and went by bus instead, takes a lot longer but free :money: Caught up on surveys etc on the bus which also has free wifi.

PPI questionnaire posted off and apparently I should have a decision towards the end of April. Tired tonight so off to bed soon
  • teapot2
    Options
    Very windy here again, I did some emails this morning then headed to Asd@ to print off some photos to send to old friends of OH - don't think they use emails so physical photos required.

Did a wee top up shop while I was there £5.95, bread, butter and got some YS fish as none came with my last online shop and they didn't substitute a different fish. Also got some throat sweets as my throat is a bit scratchy still.

Its a very windy corner by Asd@ so had trouble staying upright at some points. Getting fed up with this windy weather. Went out with a friend for a coffee in the afternoon, good to have a catch up.

Did a few surveys and quite a long YouGov one, just had a prolific one through for £1.50 so thats slowly climbing again.

Got work tomorrow so going to make sandwiches tonight and take them in or possibly leave them in the fridge :o I feel a reminder post-it coming on :)
  • teapot2
    Options
    Woke up to heavy snow falling but it didn't lie as the ground was too wet. Went out to a local farm shop with family, theres also a PO there so paid in some cash from work. My turn to buy coffees etc so £13 for that.

Washing done, hoovered and cleared out the drain in the shower - rock and roll.

Decided to apply for a credit limit increase on one of my 0% CC as I'm getting close to the limit and I need to buy new specs which will be expensive. Its the card I use for online food shops and cat food etc so don't want to leave myself short. Extra £500 was agreed online immediately. Not happy about how much I've got on CCs but now I'm back working, it'll be a priority to start paying that off.

Did a Prolific survey for £1 and just missed out on one for £7 although that one would apparently take over an hour to complete :eek: I signed up to Circle so that I can cash out without paying fees. Almost at a £50 payout on NV so hopefully will reach that in the next couple of weeks.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The little things you're doing will add up, as you know - looking back, that was a good idea to go on the bus (free) and spend the extra journey time doing surveys :)

The big question: did you remember to take your sandwiches from the fridge? I don't use a post it note for that, I use a felt pen on an A4 piece of paper, putting it on the doormat - I *have* to see that to leave the house :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • teapot2
    Options
    Thanks KC, yes I do believe that the 'little things' make a difference and can't wait to be putting 'spare/extra' money to paying off the CCs. Sad I know but up to now I've been putting everything into my current account towards paying the household bills and other than paying the minimum, the CC balance has kept on increasing :eek:

Yes, took sandwiches in to work [in beeswax wrap] and even remembered to eat them :cool: My system of reminding myself is to blutack a post-it just above the door handle of the front door.
  • teapot2
    Options
    Fairly quiet day planned as still full of the cold and getting fed up with it now as affecting my sleep.

Will make some lentil and veg soup this morning for lunch.

I have a bag of oatmeal in the cupboard and there's a recipe for oatcakes on the back so I'm going to try making some this affy.

I've done an online food order but need to edit that as I've remembered more things to put on the list.

Could do some more shredding of the never ending paper pile.

I'm planning to collect together OH's CDs which are stored in various places around the house. I'll never listen to them again so am thinking of selling them to somewhere like MM. I know they'll only make pennies mostly but thats better than nothing and will clear space. Any that are not accepted can go to a CS.

Off to make soup :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure