Life is a minestrone as the song says - my new diary

Options

Comments

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks Beanie and KC, I have some strong pain killers left from surgery recovery so took one of those before bed and slept till 5am. Woke up v sore so took some P@racetamol and got a few more hours. Had a look in the mirror this morning and resemble a hamster on one side :eek::eek:

Going out this afternoon with family as no point in staying in and feeling sorry for myself :D

YG survey done for 50 points, and did quite a few OP surveys in the dentist waiting room y'day so over half way to payout again :j
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,302 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your weekend :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teapot2
    Options
    Thanks Beanie, aiming for a quiet one :D
  • teapot2
    Options
    Slept fairly well and didn't need any painkillers in the night though very sore this morning when I woke up. Still resembling a hamster on one side of my face :D

Very windy and quite cold here today though the sun is bright. Big old furry boy is taking advantage of the sun and is snoring away on a cushion in it.

I had a lovely afternoon with family yesterday just chatting and pottering about the shops. Went for cake and coffee but not my turn to buy.

I've rearranged my work for next week having had to cancel on Friday which has resulted in a long day on Tuesday in 3 different locations but thats the only way it could be fitted in due to others' schedules. I'll just need to make sure am organised.

Forgot to say Friday was quite spendy, £19.08 for the dental work but that includes xrays, tooth extraction and stitches. I really wanted to get home as quickly as possible after so went on the train which was £9 - if I go by bus its free but that takes over an hour and I was feeling a bit wobbly by then.

Just chilled out last night, did a few surveys and cashed out £20.40 on Prolific. Planning on a quiet day today, won't be going out as its so windy. Probably a good day to catch up on emails I've been late in replying to :o:o
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry about the hamster impression :( but I'm glad you had a nice quiet day yesterday with family, that sounds good.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • teapot2
    Options
    FEBRUARY FINANCES

I've been living on savings, whatever money I can make selling online, £100 a month bereavement allowance, 2 x 0% credit cards and surveys since OH died 15 months ago and while I've been recovering from 2 surgeries.

I'm starting work again - self employed patchwork income so need to be clear about how much I need to make to support myself, build up my emergency fund and hopefully save a bit as well. I've always had a handle on the household bills but never budgeted very carefully on food, treats and other expenses. I've started keeping a diary of my spending and think I've been fairly good at remembering to record it all.

FOOD and HOUSEHOLD £100 budgeted and £104.37 spent. Not too bad

TREATS and OUTINGS £100 in budget £61.95 spent :)

VET BILL £27 budget for pills but £58 spent due to tests needed. :(

I haven't spent anything on transport as I have a free bus pass :j

I think I might need to aim for £1000 a month to cover all the bills, expenses and allow some savings and cc debt clearance but that includes almost £300 for office rental. I'll keep recording spends to get a clearer picture and also to see where I can cut back further.
  • teapot2
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Sorry about the hamster impression :( but I'm glad you had a nice quiet day yesterday with family, that sounds good.

LOL its strange, I don't look like me when I look in the mirror :eek:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,302 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry, I am easliy confused :o

So you are self employed & have a paid job too?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    teapot, do you need to pay that office rental? You live on your own now, sadly ... you could do it, have an office at home. That would save time too (which might be spent in going for a walk, of course, but thats fine!).

You're doing very well with the spending diary established to set up an accurate budget, good for you. And its the first proper day tomorrow - hope *this* goes well.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • teapot2
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Sorry, I am easliy confused :o

So you are self employed & have a paid job too?

Hi Beanie, no I am only self employed, I work for myself and do some work for a couple of organisations but thats not guaranteed and I pay my own NI and tax on everything - no sick pay or holiday pay etc.

What did I write that makes you think I'm employed ie get a regular pay cheque?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback