Life is a minestrone as the song says - my new diary

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
943 replies 50.8K views

Replies

• KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    34.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh drat to the infection :( staying away from garden soil is definitely a good idea. The lack of results from the exercises are disappointing too - good for you for keeping on - I confess, when I had my shoulder op, I was **terrible** at doing the exercises.

Deep breathing outside while you're off doing your errands - it's lovely out there :)
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
    New kitchen fully installed June 2019
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    71.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Take care xx
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • edited 20 February 2019 at 11:49PM
    teapot2teapot2 Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 February 2019 at 11:49PM
    So today I rang the bank PPI helpline re OH's estate and was told to write a letter with a few details and they'll get back to me. At least its not a 'no' at this stage so I've written the letter tonight and will post it tomorrow.

Few surveys done, nearly up to £20 on prolific. Today was a NSD. Also listed a few books online to replace ones that have sold.

Don't think the antibiotics have cleared the foot infection very much so I'll see how it is tomorrow and maybe have to get another appointment :(.
    34.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be about keeping on plugging at things, can't it. Good that the bank wants the PPI thing in writing - you'd need to do that anyway, I guess, to make a successful claim. I seem to remember that *technically* they can refuse you? Lets hope they're wary of bad publicity and don't!
    Retired August 2016
  • teapot2teapot2 Forumite
    2.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, got floored by a really horrible lurgy, I haven't felt that unwell for a very long time and had to take to my bed for a few days. Feel much better now though still a bit tired with not much energy. Hope its not one of those that goes then comes back!

I was at the optician for an eye test today and she put those drops in my eyes that leave vision blurry and they haven't worn off yet. Due to this I'll plan to be back later as the lines of print are making me squint :o:o - bit disconcerting but just wanted to pop in and wave :hello::hello:

On the positive side I had a good run of NSDs :T
    34.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :hello: I noticed you were gone, thanks for popping on - so sorry to hear you've had this :(

Blurriness isn't good either - I know its a separate issue, but take it easy, teapot :)
    Retired August 2016
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    71.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Boo to the lurgy :(
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    2.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely feeling better from the lurgy today. Not such great news at the optician though. Last eye test I had was in 2013 :o. I vaguely remember getting a reminder to go for a test in 2015 but OH had just been diagnosed with cancer so I didn't do anything about it and with everything else going on I've only just got round to going.

As I suspected I do need new lenses however I also found out I've got a cataract developing on one eye and this was a bit of a shock as I really had no idea. I've to go for another eye test in a year to see how its developing.

Spent about an hour in the garden this afternoon just tidying the pots and a bit of the border, nothing strenuous. I was joined by the big old furry boy for a while who eventually abandoned me in favour of a comfy cushion and a snooze :cool: It looks better out there now but loads more to do. I trimmed some of the plants and herbs and there was a lovely smell of Thyme and Lavender that smelt quite summery.

Another NSD and a £5 [email protected] voucher claimed from OO
    2.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another NSD :j will have a look back at how I've done this month on the spendy front. I've never tracked it all before so will be interested to see how I've done compared to how I think I've done.

Did some OP surveys, seem to have had the same 30p one about 4 times :eek: also had a 50 point Yougov survey and just finished a NV one - I often seem to get screened out of those but not this time.

Spent time sorting out stuff for work and replying to emails etc, I'm going to start a phased return to work from the end of this week. Had my post op appointment on Monday and they're happy for me to start back if its gradual.

Made puy lentils and veg for my tea then cooked a sausage casserole for the family to take away. Spent an hour out in the garden again tidying up the borders and weeding - about 4 carrier bags worth removed and more to do. Been thinking about what to do in the garden this year so some more pondering to do :)
    34.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You definitely sound like you're mending, teapot, thats good. Isn't it astonishing the way waste adds up from the garden? It's the first time in a long time that I've made such a concerted effort at it, and I'm still a bit horrified :rotfl:
    Retired August 2016