What small DFW things will you do w/c 7th January 2019?

Options

Comments

• merida88
    merida88 Posts: 116 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello all :hello:

Apologies for long absence from the thread, Crimbo and life etc etc...

Am at other site for work today (which is reasonably MSE as I get expenses reimbursed). However I will need to find a dog care solution for my next trip as OH is now away during the week for a while. Potentially slightly spendy.

Not much of a list today really, in-laws staying (not a sustainable dog solution sadly), let me think...

I will:
    - log expenses for claiming
    - download some free podcasts for the drive home

and have a think what else can be done today!

Have a good day all :)
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,138 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Tuesday Savers,
    I haven't achieved everything on my list today & am now going distinctly off the boil with it. I will crank up the coffee machine & see if my va-va-voom is at all revived. A few things:
    *Cleaned upstairs using microfibre cloth, no products & my own arm muscles wielding the Dyson.
    *Cleared a vast mountain of ironing. Maybe that's why I'm out of sorts. I loathe ironing & my system had got very out of sync from our few days away before Christmas, then the festive period itself. Anyway, it's done now, though I begrudged every minute of it.
    *More meat left than expected from doing rubber pork duties yesterday (that's what comes from being back on the calorie counting game) - haven't decided what to make for tonight's dinner - am thinking some sort of oriental flavoured pork rice, as there's plenty in that I can add to that.
    *Soup in slow cooker from the 61p lamb bones bought the other week. Have put all sorts of veg in & will pull the meat off soon & blend half of it up with the zizzer before adding it back to thicken. This will be divvied up & frozen for mr f's work lunches during these winter months.
    *Dealt with some legal correspondence pertaining to my late parents' estate, which while not money saving, does have implications involving both money & honour.
    *No downstairs heating on until later - been so busy with that damned iron, I haven't felt remotely chilly.
    *Tried mixing a lippy I do like over one that I don't like. Thought I might be on to something, but I think it just resulted in something I don't like very much that I'd only wear if I hadn't got anything else.
    *Knit. Another 2 blocks of pattern then I can cast on a sleeve.
    That's my lot today. I haven't been out anywhere, so no spending. I'm not all that tempted by online shopping. I like the real thing, so a useful NSD, as I'm not yet decided how to fund a B&B booking I didn't think we'd need to be making just yet. OK, off to zizz the soup up & apply caffiene (to self, not the soup).
    Cheers,
    F xx
    Hope poorly folk soon start to pick up - Ziggy, you do sound like this lergy has hit you with a ten ton block! Best wishes for a speedy recovery x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Big hugs to all the poorlies. 1LL I hope your DS is better soon

clf x
    Thanks Clf, he's much better, he'd have been fine in school as it turns out. Hopefully he'll sleep better tonight (as he's definitely going to school tomorrow!)
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 January 2019 at 6:26PM
    Options
    Hope all the poorlies are better soon - there are some really horrid bugs around at the moment.

We have finished, apart from thorough clearing up, our garden project, which involved constructing a high sided raised bed, filling it with soil and compost and planting a tree in it - phew! We have put the tools away and I had a cursory sweep up, but will need to have a proper clean up tomorrow! It ended up costing more than I had hoped, but does look nice :)
    Also been waiting in for a FB buyer who assumed I would be waiting in all day without giving any any idea of when she would turn up (actually I was home all day, but still :mad:) and then complained that she 'had been let down' over borrowing her friend's car to pick up large, heavy and dirty garden items :eek: Honestly, some people! Entitled or what??

OH has ordered more firewood, not actually needed atm, but I suppose it won't eat anything....
    DD came round this morning for me to watch the baby while she went to the doctor's. She has a sinus infection, and has had a horrible headache since last Thursday :(. When she came back she went and got in our bed and went to sleep, so I had the baby for most of the afternoon (alongside the garden project, which is why I haven't cleared up). Anyway, she has antibiotics now, so hopefully she will get better soon, particularly as both kids seem to be playing up at night at the moment :(
    Anyway, nothing spent (OH's firewood won't be paid for until it arrives) :)
    But between baby and shovelling, I have skived off making the veg curry I had planned for tonight, and we are going to have fish fingers and chips instead :o :rotfl:
    Though I did make soup to feed everyone at lunch time :)
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Really, really busy day today. I have literally not stopped at all.
    I had teaching all morning, a meeting after lunch and then worked solidly with work until the end of the day. Had to leave as early as possible as dd needed me at home. She has been my hero today - our elderly neighbour had fallen in his garden and couldn't get up again. DD heard him, called for help and sat with him until it arrived. I am SO proud of her, but she was a bit shaken up so needed a big cuddle and some reassurance.
    Got home and popped round to the neighbours to check how things were, then made dinner (leftovers for me and pizza for the kids), popped into the shower, did a little bit of housework then 2 hours of work and now I'm just sitting down for the night. I feel exhausted already and it's only Day 2.
    Didn't even manage to bag a nsd as ds had lost 1 (!?!) plimsoll, so I spent £3 at Mr A getting him a new pair, on the way to school.
    I'm tired just writing this stuff down! :rotfl
    :
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You are right to be proud of your daughter CCL :T
    Hope your neighbour is ok.
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    i am so proud of her, but she was a bit shaken up so needed a big cuddle and some reassurance.
    L
    :
    :beer: :T :A
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • dizzyblnd
    dizzyblnd Posts: 449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I’ve managed nsd #2 here. Wasn’t planned as such, just haven’t had time to do anything other than work, staff meeting, dinner etc. I’ve been thinking about financial goals and how I want to work towards them. Think I need to note this down in my bullet journal so I can keep track. Starting to look for free school holiday activities already to plan ahead. This saves me booking expensive things.
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • dizzyblnd
    dizzyblnd Posts: 449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    CCL that was a very mature responsible and caring thing for ur DD to do. How nice of her x
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • Dickenslass
    Options
    Morning all!
    Bracing myself for my first cycle commute for a while. It’s a beautiful route and I don’t have a time pressure to get there, as I know it will be a super late finish, so am staying over with a friend tonight. So only actually have to cycle one way! :)
    Will be BL from stores and D will be from local supermarket as can’t carry everything. Though as I write that am contemplating the state a frozen pizza might be in if I took it from my use it up stash! Am already taking a small banana cake I made to use up very past it bananas yesterday. Made a second that’s in the freezer already!
    Still chipping away at that boring admin frog which will save me a fortune. Will try to carve out at least an hour at work to develop it further.
    Have turned off radiators in rooms that won’t be used for a few days like my bedroom to mitigate the lodger going mad with the heating in my absence. Have also put it on timer which should be sufficient.
    Will try to locate cheque to go into bank if I can before I leave. Not sure many other jobs for me are feasible to do remotely today. Oh yes, need to alter dentist appt for next week as it would now incur taxi rides each way!
    Thank you all for useful ideas shared so far. Have been storing some of them up (like getting the electric toothbrush heads from the jungle shop).
    Well done to your DD CCL. The real bravery and big difference to outcomes is often in the first actions taken, especially in the winter chill. Your neighbour must have been dispairing before she arrived, and it’s frightening as a child to see adults frightened! Well done her! No wonder she wanted a cuddle after! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure