I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Options

Comments

• hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Poor Gd! It doesn't seem long since she last fell and hurt her hand/wrist (unless I am imagining having read that!). Is she particularly clumsy, or might she have been pushed?

I hope you can get your washing machine sorted out easily. I keep forgetting to do an empty wash on mine - we wash at low temperatures so I know I should do it . . .
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,696 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Poor Dgd :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Yes we did have a trip to A & E for another fall of her bike earlier in the year. Although that time nothing was broken. She is terribly clumsy. Possibly has dyspraxia as her Mum does. But there is no point in adding a label to her issues. Hopefully she will be able to carry on soon.

Food shop done. Trip to B & M at the same time, new dishcloths, ice pop moulds, pegs and socks for the children. Oh and another hairbrush as I am fed up of everyone borrowing mine!

Next try to tackle my sewing space and mop the floors.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Tried the filters etc, but when DS came home he said the pump. Has gone. So I have bitten the bullet and ordered a new one, and ordered a black one to match my cooker and fridge I bought a few years ago.
    Bit of a financial juggle, but at least it will have a guarantee etc.
    I've paid for the old one to be taken away as well.
    We had a roast chicken for dinner.
    I've brought the washing in, the sheet I dyed worked well. But I have a mountain of washing I cannot do.
    I'm going to try and organise my planner for the week ahead now.
    Possibly have an early night. DS has gone to get the boys back now.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Having an early night was not a good idea. I was up and down like a yo-yo. Longest sleep was just about 2 hours.
    Feeling low this morning. It's as if I take one step forward and a half a dozen backwards at the moment.

The washing machine is coming this afternoon. Then I can catch up on the back log. ( bed changes etc )
    I have the doctors this morning.
    Dgd has her English grammar exam today.
    DS has the boys here, and I am sitting well out of the way and letting him get on with it.
    I have a decent amount of work to do. I will take the car as I will need to come back in the afternoon when DS does the school run.
    Staff is going to have to do today's fittings.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've just been catching up since my last post nearly a week ago.

You've had so many things happen Mooloo I'm surprised you're still standing. I hope the Drs went ok this morning . The downside of self employment is no sick pay when you really need a break and it sounds as though you badly need some rest right now.

Re Washing machines , the Bosch engineer who installed mine 6 yrs ago advised me never to put powder in the dispensers or liquid detergents . I use a dosing ball in the drum with liquid detergents and add fab softener when water is running in for the final rinse .

I have wondered for a while whether dgd could have Dyspraxia or some form of DCD as when I was teaching clumsy children were often diagnosed with one or the other .

I can understand not wishing to add a label but nowadays there is much more help in schools and from professionals than there used to be . It's possible to be given a laptop in school rather than having to write and adjustments made re PE and other subjects . Obviously some of her time off has been illness but the falls and trips can be seen as part of a condition as opposed to clumsy.

I'm glad your complaint to SS will hopefully benefit others in the future . There comes a time when someone needs to speak out or nothing changes . I learned that a few years ago and thankfully things did change for the better.
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Short day at work.
    I took Dgd to school in the car, the school are all prepared for her to have a scribe. Got back in time for my doctors appointment. She said that I must be a very strong woman to have coped with everything for so long. She asked me if I had support, and I said that my writing was really my only support mechanism but that it is not working now. She has given me a place to google for help and anti depressant and to go back on Monday.
    I sorted out the important jobs, did a few jobs and have come home to wait for the new machine to be delivered, so I have the baby here save strapping him the car for an hour.
    I am convinced he's going to be a mountaineer when he grows up. He climbs up everything. Mind you he likes sitting on my feet as well!
    He's having a juice and a biscuit while I eat my lunch and have a cup of tea. Mind you by the look on his face I think I am about to change another nappy!
    After the machine is delivered and DS is back if the sun continues to shine I think I will go for a walk to the lake or something like that. I have to take some time for me.
    Polly, I have been very fortunate that being self employed but having staff means with someone in the shop I can take time out. Although income is not exactly at its peak at the moment, I am coping with the demands of life on my wallet, just not coping emotionally!
    I am trying to take each day as it comes, although that is easier said than done.
    I missed the Social Worker, and the health visitor didn't come as she has sprained her ankle. Probably means she will not be at the meeting tomorrow now, and we really could have done with her there.
    I am not looking forward to tomorrow at all.
    But for now, I better not think about it. ( by the way I did stop mid writing to deal with the nappy!)
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Glad the Drs appt went well and you have the AD and been pointed towards online advice and have another appt next week .

It'sa bit late in the day but is there a chance you can contact the health visitors dept and request her latest report be faxed through for tomorrows meeting if she is unable to attend herself?

She's had a good grip on what's been happening so that's important information they should be aware of .

Hope dgd has had a good day at school and you manage a walk to the lake later to clear your head and have a bit of me time.

A mountaineering gs could be wonderful , oh the places you could go and the things you could see!
    pollyx

• pollyanna_26
    Options
    PIP Assessment . Wednesday was a long day with an early appt elsewhere and other places to go too .

Very long journey through mainly agricultural areas , lashing with rain and lots of potholes. Must have been an omen! Taxi driver dropped us off at the entrance to the building 15 mins before dds appt time.

We were buzzed through various doors to reception to be met with " Oh bad news the assessor is ill We rang your landline but no reply"

It was 2.30pm . I could understand if they'd rung early morning but when we finally got home and checked the message on the landline it was sent 15 mins before the appt time which was when we were heading into the building! Even a Tardis or Helicopter couldn't have got us to a centre in another county.

Luckily once dd had got her meds down earlier in the day she decided to take one of her back up Diazapam meds which I think kept her calm .

The lovely girl on reception who I'd actually spoken to a couple of days earlier regarding steps , stairs and lifts as the letter wasn't clear said they'd send another letter out.

I was pretty annoyed by then so stood my ground and asked her to look up forthcoming appts . She found one the 1st week in June and the postman has delivered a confirmation letter this afternoon.

I also did something we've never done and asked for a refund of the taxi fares . She handed over a claim form and I asked if the fares will be refundable for the June assessment and she agreed they would.

Luckily the taxi driver was parked up a few minutes away and soon picked us up.
    I filled in the form and he issued receipts for both journeys and posted the claim off when we were almost home.

Thanks for everyones good wishes just a shame things went wrong.
    Hopefully the weather will be better next time as there was no shelter outside the centre and just standing there for a few minutes meant we were pretty wet.

Neither of us were feeling too good the day before . Both of us have been hot, coughing and feeling very unwell since. Anyway finally have a few brain cells to catch up here.
    pollyx

• Savvy_sewing
    Options
    PIP Assessment . Wednesday was a long day with an early appt elsewhere and other places to go too .

Very long journey through mainly agricultural areas , lashing with rain and lots of potholes. Must have been an omen! Taxi driver dropped us off at the entrance to the building 15 mins before dds appt time.

We were buzzed through various doors to reception to be met with " Oh bad news the assessor is ill We rang your landline but no reply"

It was 2.30pm . I could understand if they'd rung early morning but when we finally got home and checked the message on the landline it was sent 15 mins before the appt time which was when we were heading into the building! Even a Tardis or Helicopter couldn't have got us to a centre in another county.

Luckily once dd had got her meds down earlier in the day she decided to take one of her back up Diazapam meds which I think kept her calm .

The lovely girl on reception who I'd actually spoken to a couple of days earlier regarding steps , stairs and lifts as the letter wasn't clear said they'd send another letter out.

I was pretty annoyed by then so stood my ground and asked her to look up forthcoming appts . She found one the 1st week in June and the postman has delivered a confirmation letter this afternoon.

I also did something we've never done and asked for a refund of the taxi fares . She handed over a claim form and I asked if the fares will be refundable for the June assessment and she agreed they would.

Luckily the taxi driver was parked up a few minutes away and soon picked us up.
    I filled in the form and he issued receipts for both journeys and posted the claim off when we were almost home.

Thanks for everyones good wishes just a shame things went wrong.
    Hopefully the weather will be better next time as there was no shelter outside the centre and just standing there for a few minutes meant we were pretty wet.

Neither of us were feeling too good the day before . Both of us have been hot, coughing and feeling very unwell since. Anyway finally have a few brain cells to catch up here.
    pollyx

What a palaver!
    Hope that the sunshine today helps you feel better.
    I have not really done much today. The washing machine was an hour late, so I could have stayed at work until closing, which is annoying, but at least we have a new working machine.
    The kids are still awake!
    Dgd has gone down to the lake with her friend and his Mum (my friend), but I am just too tired.
    The gf has been bombarding DS for two hours this evening while trying to do the children's dinner etc so he has had to block her. He burnt the first lot of dinner I'd asked him to watch when I went out to pick up some stuff for Biggest.

I am not going to think about anything else tonight.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure