I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    After a strained meeting, with social etc the afternoon was for Mum. We had lunch in a local garden centre, a different one from our usual. I dropped of a black sack of clothes to a charity shop, took Mum to do her banking, booked a haircut for both of us in a fortnight. Mooched around a vintage shop by the garden centre, bought a couple of items each in a clothing shop and then did the Aldi shop. Don't need masses because I am off on the weekend. Put £20 petrol in the car.
    Was surprised that there was another payment in from Hmrc! So I paid an extra £100 off of the credit card.
    I have not had the paperwork yet to tell me their workings but I suppose it will arrive soon.
    Home via McD for dgd using my coupon for a £1.99 deal.
    Shopping away, A place to call home on recorded, a cup of tea and worked on my next 12 workshops.
    So I will need to update the website and get a workshop sheet typed up and printed next.
    But I think I have done enough for one day.
    I might just make a few more platted pieces for my rug.
    Although I may side track with fabric when I start moving things around.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Woke several times, weird dreams earlier, packing nightmares around 5am woke me and then I have been tossing and turning since. Given up and made tea.
    I will take my laptop to work with me, going to do a bit of work on that in the morning and alterations in the afternoon as I know otherwise it would not be done.
    Tomorrow Dgd goes to her Mums so this evening I will be packing her a bag, ( and telling Mum not to buy her any more clothes!)
    I can pack my stuff tomorrow.
    My fridge has far too much stuff in it, so I'll be giving bits and pieces to my daughter to use up, except for the things that I can freeze.

Right time to get up and face the day. Hopefully another bright day, I am always better on a brighter day.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry that you had a bad night Mooloo - I was also awake when I should have been asleep :(

When do you actually go away? I think I started reading at the end of your previous trip and seem to,remember that things hadn't gone as anticipated - I hope to are able to unwind and relax this time.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    hb2 wrote: »
    Sorry that you had a bad night Mooloo - I was also awake when I should have been asleep :(

When do you actually go away? I think I started reading at the end of your previous trip and seem to,remember that things hadn't gone as anticipated - I hope to are able to unwind and relax this time.

I am off Sunday afternoon. Last time I was with my Mum and she is getting more and more dependent when out side of her usual places, yet she still wants to travel places. The problem is that she is in the same room as me, so I don't get any respite for the whole time we are away.
    But I am effectively being paid to be her companion as she pays for the holidays etc. I only pay my insurance for my self.

I have told her that next time we will go self catering and have a separate bedroom from the living room so we can have a bit more space. As she does not like the food being fussy etc it will be easier for me to cater for us if we have a kitchen.

This break is going to be more relaxed and more exploring I hope. The weather forecast is not much more than 12-14 so I will not be sunbathing or swimming that's for sure.
    I take my diary and it is usually a time when I map out my next few months plans, analysis what I can do to improve things and what I will try to let go of.
    It's a bit like going on retreat, except it's not religious.

I have a lot of things to work out my next steps on.
    Talking of steps, I better get walking to work!
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    This break is going to be more relaxed and more exploring I hope. The weather forecast is not much more than 12-14 so I will not be sunbathing or swimming that's for sure.
    I take my diary and it is usually a time when I map out my next few months plans, analysis what I can do to improve things and what I will try to let go of.
    It's a bit like going on retreat, except it's not religious.

I have a lot of things to work out my next steps on.
    Talking of steps, I better get walking to work!

This sounds like bliss Mooloo.. I hope you have a very relaxing and rewarding (in terms of planning/thinking) time.. quality time for you! :T
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    School called yesterday and I had to Down tools to get Dgd and then take her to the doctor. Which was hours of waiting just to be told to take aspirin or paracetamol. But Dgd had told school that she had banged her head at the park the night before, and they told me it could be concussion. Scared me, but doctor just thinks it's tiredness and dark days that have given her a headache.
    I finally updated the website last night, mentioning the classes that I am hopefully running before the shop closes and the Sale of stock.
    Had to do a pair of jeans that staff dropped off ready for today. I will be going back to work this morning as lots to do and seamstress needs work allocated for her or she will do it in the wrong order and what she feels like instead of what is needed first or been there the longest.
    She has been going off on a tangent and doing jobs that come in without looking at what was already booked in, and promising work that I need to do when she's not there and not actually telling me she has promised stuff that necitates jumping the que - and not charging the priority premium too!
    I think old age is sending her a bit scatty. At least I hope that it's not subtle sabotage!
    Dgd goes to her Mum after school today. What's the betting when I go to wake her she doesn't want to go back to school this morning!

One of my customers has trained in Mindfulness and is running a course starting in two weeks, and I think I might sign up for it. I could do with a little help. When the teacher rang me she said she was worried about me. That I need to look after myself and that she nearly rang me to check up on me. ( nearly but didn't), but it is nice to know that she took the time to care when I went to see her a week or two ago.

Right time to wake Dgd. Let battle commence
  • Baileys_Babe
    Options
    I have told her that next time we will go self catering and have a separate bedroom from the living room so we can have a bit more space. As she does not like the food being fussy etc it will be easier for me to cater for us if we have a kitchen.
    This all sounds very sensible, less stressful for you and more enjoyable for your Mum, let's hope your Mum agrees.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Mooloo, I'm sorry you had to drop everything yesterday but very glad your Gd was given the OK. I really hope today's battle is won more easily than you anticipate. It must be hard going through the teenager phase again!

The seamstress sounds something of a liability :( I hope you can get her set up so that she does what is needed while you are away.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    How long til the shop closes?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    How long til the shop closes?

Not until the end of July. I still have the lease until 31st August
    But I will need time to empty it and redecorate it etc as per terms of the lease. Which will be easier when it is empty.

Dgd was a struggle.
    Her Mum's Partners car broke down here, so they are only just leaving now. 6 hours later. They have had to have a hire car, and the AA are going to collect their car from me later tonight.
    Not thrilled as they say it will be about 1.30 am!!
    But I suppose it can't be helped.
    I have left struck instructions for all staff, what needs to be done and in what order.
    I did as much as I could today, including urgent jobs needed before my return.
    There is only one pair of trousers that will need to definitely be done tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure