Forum Home » Marriage, Relationships & Families

I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019 - Page 14

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

2.1K replies 508.7K views

Replies

• just_tryingjust_trying Forumite
    989 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Well done on paying all that money, wow. Just make sure the kids keep up there payments for you to put into your savings. Do they know you've paid of the cards hope not.

Could it be the change in diet affecting you stomach, hope you get it sorted. It could be pain killers affecting it to, I know when I take certain ones it causes bother!

Any further forward with the hgv course? Hopefully it gets sorted if not.

Your doing so well.
  • Savvy_sewingSavvy_sewing Forumite
    11.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biggest knows about the cards, but not DS. She is excited that by the end of this year the balance she owes me will be paid off. For me July will be the start of the move from card to savings.
    I am looking at garden rooms at the moment, but I am not sure what exactly I will need. I will use my front room temporarily. But I am not sure which things I will use and which I will loose along the way.
    Wednesday biggest is coming over in the morning and she's going to help me sort out the wall unit ready to sell/free cycle which ever we can achieve.
    My attempt to de clutter has been dismally slow. I did get £5 for a glass dish that I put on a selling site, but it was up for about 10 days. I was about to offer it for free when the lady asked if it was still available.
    I need to push myself after work but I never do, I am quite a procrastinator.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    11.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you know not only do I procrastinate, I am rather a hoarder. But although my anxiety levels are quite high, with the helping hands of a friend I have sorted out a wall Unit, full of stuff. Four drawers, two cupboards, and the shelves were over flowing with stuff. I would say 60% of it is now on its way to the top, along with half of the books from two book cases. Craft Magazine etc that I have had have been thinned.
    It has taken me three hours. There is still a lot to do, but the wall unit is now empty and I have put it on a selling site. Fingers crossed someone wants it, or next week I will have to decide what exactly to do with it.
    I can't face sorting anymore today.
    I need to calm my self down and bring my anxiety levels back down to normal.
    I know that I have to do this but it was still very difficult for me to do.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    71K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done.
    Very proud of you :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 10 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • ivyleafivyleaf Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done Mooloo :T
  • hb2hb2 Forumite
    882 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Well done for getting that wall unit cleared Mooloo! I'm afraid I procrastinate terribly too :(
  • thorsoakthorsoak Forumite
    6.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic! You may feel anxious tonight, but tomorrow - although you may ache, you can look at that unit and smile!
    11.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have rearranged some books from one shelf unit to the other and made room for the displaced things from the wall unit earlier. Room still looks odd with the empty unit. I hope that I will have luck in rehoming it.
    Washing moved on. Not much else done. Watched call the midwife. Now Vera on +1.
    11.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sold a sewing machine today. First thing so that was a good start to the day. My artist guy called at 1.30 asking for two more T-shirt dresses asap ideally for a photo shoot tomorrow. I just managed to make two simple dresses by closing time. He wants me to be there for a shoot and see etc there, but I explained to him he cannot afford me as it's £30 an hour for my time,. That he has been lucky that did his work at £10 an hour because I usually do it at home in my own time.
    Anyway it was a good day. Biggest collected some units for me from the on line selling site, ready to replace my big unit and it will match the desk she's swapping with my one.
    11.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bed time!
    Here's hoping for a good night sleep tonight.
    I am very tired so that's a start.