Forum Home» Marriage, Relationships & Families

I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019 - Page 122

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

2.1K replies 511.7K views

Replies

• pollyanna_26pollyanna_26 Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope the baby stays asleep and you can settle down yourself. I didn't realise the lad was back in preschool again. I hope your mum has enjoyed her break.

It probably doesn't seem like it to you but the past year seems to have flown by. I think you were on holiday for your birthday. last year .Possibly when the drunken louts were ruining it until you moved elsewhere.

It's good to hear the football club is up and running again.

Well I need my bed The heat has meant a lot of sleepless nights here and I need to be up and out early tomorrow

Sleep well
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.
  • Savvy_sewingSavvy_sewing Forumite
    11.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning. My little lad slept through until about 10 minutes ago.
    I gave the baby 1/2 a bottle at 12.45. He woke again two hours later, Dad was only just home. But gave him his dummy and he went back to sleep.
    I either slept the sleep of the dead or he didn't wake up again.
    I have made my cuppa up here in my bedroom. Put channel 5 on the tv, and given my lad a rice cake to eat quietly while his Dad starts to wake up.
    I will shake a few legs when I have had my cup of tea in relative peace.

I am not looking forward to the meeting this morning. Last time the Mum girl's abuse at me. As if it is my fault they are in this mess.
    I will remain as calm and collected as I possibly can.
    I shall be muttering "Release" techniques under my breathe to focus when ever I feel my blood boil. (Saves biting my tongue as that hurts!)
    Hopefully we can get some where but I am not sure if we can until the court case gets a date.

On my way home yesterday I bought 6 plants to go in the gap between the lawn and the concrete base of my Cabin and had some topsoil delivered by the milk man. Funny he can get those things but not the milk order right.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • hb2hb2 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed that today's meeting is free from drama and/or abuse!
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
    11.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I am here and ready and now the meeting has changed till 12 so I am wasting time and loosing money too. So frustrating
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • ivyleafivyleaf Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh Gawd Mooloo, you don't half get messed about :(
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    74.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    How did it eventually go?
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 1 month to go ****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    11.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beanielou wrote: »
    How did it eventually go?

It was fine because they decided to have a professional meeting first and updated them on the changes in the care of the children, then we went in and our opinions etc were considered and everything updated, and then we left and the Mum was called in.
    The concerns are less while under my roof, and although DS still has to be completely free of his old bad habits the fact that he has drastically reduced his consumption and that he actually intends to stop totally is a good thing. (Not so enough in my eyes). I asked if contact with Mum can be at a children's centre with a social worker there, so we can drop children and go and come back later for them, and then we don't have to deal with Mum.
    The team leader said it's possible but they are waiting to know what contact The courts decide for Mum.
    I said that I would be extremely worried if they had overnight contact, as we are just getting them in to a routine and house rules.
    By the way although we still had a tantrum, we were successful in getting my lad to sleep with only half a dozen attempts instead of several dozen of them like yesterday.
    DS went to work, Biggest and her two little ones came around with some units she picked up on car boot for me, we decided to have a BBQ and I invited my friend to come over and we sat in the shade of Dgds shed and ate outside. It was certainly a hot day today.

I have planted lavender and another purple flowering plant ( I have no idea what it is called I just bought them on my way home from work yesterday. I need about 8 more to go around the trench around the concrete under the cabin. Got to stop calling it a shed!!

I am going to bed now I hope that I will get some sleep and that the morning is going to be calmer.
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    74.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Whem fo you go back to court?
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 1 month to go ****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • hb2hb2 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Mooloo wrote: »
    So I am here and ready and now the meeting has changed till 12 so I am wasting time and loosing money too. So frustrating

This happens such a lot, with adult services too. They seem to think that everyone else has nothing else to do other than sit around waiting for meetings! :(
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
    11.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't have any dates for court yet. I wish we did as planning would be easier.

I am babysitting earlier than I planned this morning as DS is going to the lads "graduation " from Preschool.then he has his Physio at 12.30 so I am probably on my own with the baby until about 2pm
    Then I have an hour to fit in what I want before my regular slot babysitting for Biggests.
    I feel that I am just a unpaid babysitter at the moment.
    I put the baby up to sleep as he was up at 6.30 and was grotty and screaming. He's sitting up in bed with a book and talking gently to himself (and trying to talk to google!) I hope he will have a sleep but at the moment at least he is not screaming or crying now.