Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    That sounds such a lovely day maddie. The plants seem like a bargain too. I get pleasure from buying small, or even sad looking, plants and watching them thrive. :)

How much longer are the South Americans staying LL ? Does English Heritage know about your tour guiding? :D

We're having a roast today despite the weather. It's my favourite. :D
  • Man glad your dh is ok. Accidents can really shake up. It is good he is ok, the car is replaceable.

All new hair cuts it seems.

I did nothing really just stayed in to avoid spending. I decluttered more. I wonder how much I really have given away over the last 2 years. Bags of stuff and not much new in really. I just realized a while back some things I will never for into again and other's are poor quality or out of fashion. So out with it and constant decluttering.

I find the process gives me less time to think or worry. I don't know. It can hit me like a tonne of bricks stupid stuff obessing over and displacement worrying. I try to clean and declutter then. It helps me. Every one is the same but I tend to focus on silly stuff not what is really bugging me. I went to a funeral this week and I should be focused on mortality, however my brain focuses and worries about something else. It's common enough, I think.

The diet is going ok. Reduced snacking and keeping the fibre high.

Has anyone tried waxing at home, I saw the pots to buy. I don't like going to the salon as hours working and time off is rare.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

Has anyone tried waxing at home, I saw the pots to buy. I don't like going to the salon as hours working and time off is rare.

I occasionally wax my legs at home, in between salon visits. I do an okay job, but not brilliant - it can be difficult to wax hard to reach areas (eg backs of legs). I wax as much as I can and the run a razor over my legs to get any bits I have ,issued.

I don’t wax my underarms or bikini line at home, as I tried and it was a disaster.
  • maman wrote: »
    That's great. I'd say that after my moisturiser and mascara my next priority is having my hair done professionally. I'm really pleased with the cut this time. I can always tell when it's easy for me to blow dry myself. :)

What sort of highlights are you planning SSDD23? I have a mixture of golden and caramel colours although it's lighter at the moment where it's sun bleached.

It's glorious here today too and promises to be for a few days to come.:D

We've been invited to an impromptu lunch party on Monday (where everyone takes a dish along). It'll be lovely to know that we can spend time in the garden.

Yesterday didn't work out has planned. DH had a bump in my car. He's fine but the car's not. :(If it was possible to arrange an accident though it worked out really well. DH stopped as he was going through green traffic lights to let a police car on blues and twos through from his left. The car coming up behind was obviously oblivious and drove into the back of him. So the accident was witnessed by the police who stopped and checked the woman's insurance on the spot. A courtesy car is coming this afternoon and the car goes in to be repaired on Tuesday.:(

So today I'll have to do my food shopping but hopefully everyone else will be out sunning themselves so the shops will be quiet!:D

Glad your DH is okay!

It'll be a mix of blondes, she did mention caramel ones for the darker blondes getting run through, so it's got quite a few different subtle tones in, should hopefully look really nice :D
  • I haven't been doing any trampolining because of the weather.:D

I heard back from another old friend I contacted so I might have another day out next month as he is still in Camden.:)

I said on here that my husband waxed my bikini line (it must have been 2 months ago now) and the hair hasn't grown back for some reason! Quite handy. I wish I had tried it sooner.:rotfl:
  • I think I will buy the wax heater set and give it ago
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good morning lovely ladies

Well what a spectacular weekend. Scorchio.:rotfl:

Carsington Water was lovely. Such pretty countryside. The Venezuelans were well impressed. ;). Maman, the bulk of them go back on 10th September, DILs mum and one sister will stay a bit longer. No sure when the mum goes back. She won't be able to cope with our winter so I'm guessing probably end September/October time.

Did a little bit of wardrobe editing over the weekend but still need to do another sweep. I'll probably do that when we switch to autum/winter clothing. :eek: hopefully no need just yet.

Off to the cinema later. Then tomorrow it's my interview. Feel both excited and a bit apprehensive about going back to work. I have been out of the workplace for 13 years so I suppose it's only natural to have a few first night nerves.. Hopefully The butterflies will only be temporary.

The reality is although the extra income will be nice I am not reliant on it so if I really hate it or find it too stressful then I can always quit.

No one is twisting my arm......:rotfl:
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Good luck with the interview LL.I'm sure You'll smash it hun;):D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good luck with your interview. The one tip I have is to remember that they have to impress you just as much as you have to impress them. I think it really helps with nerves to remember that.

Let us know how you get on.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Best wishes for tomorrow LL, will be thinking of you.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure