Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again

Comments

• sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello LW. Lovey to see you back. I have often wondered how you are. I do love your name......:D

Sorry to hear are struggling with health issues. Hope you start to feel better soon. Fabbing will help. Honest. ;)

SUgarbaby. Shame about not being a get grandmother. One day maybe.

Also Sorry to hear your financial woes.....you do get messed about, but that's what's happens with the likes of councils and anything to do with benefits. When my husband was sick having to deal with all that almost made me demented.....as if I hadn't enough to deal with.

Glad your shoulder and arm are improving, mine are still playing up. Mind I don't help myself, I really ought to do some yoga or something. My builder told me off yesterday for kneeling on the damp whilst gardening. He's right it doesn't help my knee.

Just had a trying in session in my wardrobe. Lovely to be able to sip into a size 14. Just had a little mini purge too, another bag for the chazzer. Getting rid of anything I no longer like or don't feel comfortable in or that doesn't flatter me.

Life's too short to wear ugly clothes......:D

LL thank you for your kind words. As soon as my right arm is completely back to normal, I can start doing my daily exercises again. My main area that I would really like to change is my stomach. I want to have a flat stomach and it is an achievable goal for me.

The pleasures that come with losing weight are still ongoing for you. :D

The same for me. I am looking forward to dry and hot weather so that I can really make good use of my extensive wardrobe of clothes, shoes and handbags. :D
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 June 2019 at 8:42AM
    Morning all.
    Well done to all of you on your weight losses. I've managed to lose my holiday weight gain probably because my alcohol intake has dropped considerably lol.
    My DH bought me a voucher for my birthday for a pedicure, manicure, cut , colour and blow-dry at a local hairdressers. Unfortunately not for the one I use :( But there was a leaflet of their services with the voucher and they do massages so I'll have a couple instead. It was a lovely thought but the hairdresser I do use does a fab cut so I'm not going elsewhere.
    My kitchen is now in total chaos as most of the units have been removed and with all the lifting and shifting a massage will go down a treat ;)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,347 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    This was a bad week to start a diet as I ate out twice.:D It was yummy, though. I restrained myself yesterday and only had a bowl of tomato pasta.

We bought another ticket for a concert in October. We are going to the coast and spending the night in a hotel as well. The hotel looks nice as it has a sea view and it was half price on that night.:)
    silvasava wrote: »
    My DH bought me a voucher for my birthday for a pedicure, manicure, cut , colour and blow-dry at a local hairdressers. Unfortunately not for the one I use :( But there was a leaflet of their services with the voucher and they do massages so I'll have a couple instead. It was a lovely thought but the hairdresser I do use does a fab cut so I'm not going elsewhere.

That was kind of him.:A

I saw a Thai massage place yesterday while I was out but they have the tables to lie on and not the massage chairs so I wouldn't go there. I find it too uncomfortable to lie on my breasts for an hour!:o

I don't understand why more massages places don't use the massage chairs instead.:(
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good morning lovely ladies.....

Finally, an upturn in the weather. Yesterday I washed some delicates that have to drip dry. Job done.

Took a bag of stuff to the chazza. Didn't buy any clothes but did buy a mini mouli for £1. Great to make vegetable and fruit pur!es. My wrist strength isn't that great and my hands can be quite painful sometimes.:rotfl:

I do have a big food processor but it can be faff for small amounts, so well pleased with my £1 investment. My knee and shoulders are still bothering me so again a fairly easy day.

Just going to enjoy the sun and work my way through the laundry basket.

Have a great day y'all.
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I've enjoyed the mostly sunny weekend, it didn' rain until early evening today.

spent yesterday getting all my jobs done and the afternoon on Granny duty and then spent the evening with my daughter when she got home.

Today has been a lazy day, hair mask done and general resting.

Still not quite back on it with the food but it's weigh in tomorrow and that usually draws a line under things for a fresh start :)
  • clippy_girl
    clippy_girl Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning all :)

I've placed a big order of clothes from Dorothy Perkins and got a few nice skirts as I always wear dresses so thought I'd change things up.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get T-shirt's and vests from which don't fade? Want some black ones but they always go washed out. I don't like high round neck T-shirt's, prefer v shape or lower neckline :)

Really must get back on with healthy eating and exercise. Still got birthday cake to eat so starting with exercise! Body pump tonight :A

I'm off work today and it's pretty cloudy so plan to give the house a deep clean and go to the supermarket. Need to bake some cakes for work tomorrow as well!
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • lessonlearned
    Good morning lovely ladies.....

WW WI tonight but if my scales are right then I have only got 1.9lb to go to reach my birthday target. It's looking pretty good. :D

Had a lovely weekend, out with friends on Saturday night and generally just enjoying the good weather.

A nice week planned ....some nice outings and it looks like the weather is set fair. Wahoo. Summer is finally here.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,347 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I'm back on the healthy eating this week (WW) and I lost 1 pound last week even with eating out.

I just booked the appointment for next week to have the tooth moulds done before I get the whitening stuff sent to me. It's the whitening kit you do yourself at home. I realised the last time I got my teeth whitened was 2004! I'm going to avoid drinking rose wine at all after I get it done. I will switch to white wine instead.:D

I hope everyone has a great day.
  • lessonlearned
    Good morning lovely ladies

Chucking it down, so no gardening today. Instead I'm prepping the back bedroom ready to give it a quick facelift. Hoping to buy paint and order carpeting tomorrow. I don't want to spend a fortune because it's a bit of a quick fix, just making the room a useful space instead of its current status as a junk room.

I am still toying with the idea of a major revamp within the next few years, altering the downstairs layout, so for now just a fresh coat of emulsion and a bit of inexpensive carpet. Get the wardrobes set up and the spare bed, then it will make a nice dressing room/guest room rather than just a dumping ground.

Off out tonight with the meet up group, face mask, pedicure and manicure done. A nice soak in the bath later.

Have a great day.

Wednesday.....well done on the weight loss. You're doing well. Doesn't it feel great. I am so chuffed I have finally cracked it. I feel and look tons better.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello Ladies,

Here in London the rain has stopped and according to the BBC weather forecast it will not be returning. I am planning to go to Karaoke later, so that is welcome news for me. :D

My right arm has still not returned to normal, but I am using it every day in any way that I am able and hoping that it will soon be back to 100% normal movement and completely pain free.

It is a real nuisance, as it is preventing me from doing daily exercises. :(

I am starting to declutter my clothes. I have another bag of evening gowns/ball gowns to take to the charity shop. I own far too many of them and I no longer get enough opportunities to wear such glamorous dresses so I parting with the ones I can bear to let go of. :) It will be a slow process throughout the rest of the year because I do not want to regret any of my charity shop donations. :)

I have put a pound on in weight, but I have had days over the last 3 weeks when my eating habits have slipped back into my old unhealthy ways. Now I will get back on track, because even a pound gained is showing that I have gotten complacent with my weight loss and that journey is far from over for me. :)

Congratulations LL and Wednesday and any other ladies who are also losing weight. It will be a struggle at times but each of our personal goals when achieved will have been worth all of the hard work. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure