Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again

Options

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning Lovely Ladies

I'm a bit cross with myself. Didn't manage to go out last evening......just too tired. Worked myself to a standstill. That wasnt very clever was it. :o. I must learn to work less and live more. Or at least pace myself better and reset my priorities.

It's all very well having a good work ethic and being an achiever but all work and no play will make Jill a very dull girl. I really need to make sure I have some energy for fun instead of working all the time.

Going to take it a bit more gently today......
  • sheilavw
    sheilavw Posts: 1,600 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well if the weathers like it is here LL you won't be doing much outside. Very wet this morning!
    Enjoy your Wednesday everyone
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,365 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Candygirl - The dogs are just boarding at the vet as my dog needs to be injected with insulin for his diabetes so we leave them there if we want to go out.:)

It looks like a soggy day out there. I might risk wearing my sandals though as I wore my new boots the other day and felt like I was on stilts as they feel high compared to my usual footwear.:o:D

I'm going to wear my blue dress to go out today with my blue Autograph top over it with my new necklace and earrings.:cool:
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,365 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    silvasava wrote: »
    Wednesday - Opi do a 'Start to Finish' clear varnish that's a base coat, hardener and topcoat all in one. I've found it very good. I use it as a basecoat/hardener on its own or if (when) my nails are long enough to do a full manicure I use it as a topcoat as well. It makes your varnish last really well.

I will look it up, thanks.:A
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Candygirl - The dogs are just boarding at the vet as my dog needs to be injected with insulin for his diabetes so we leave them there if we want to go out.:)

It looks like a soggy day out there. I might risk wearing my sandals though as I wore my new boots the other day and felt like I was on stilts as they feel high compared to my usual footwear.:o:D

I'm going to wear my blue dress to go out today with my blue Autograph top over it with my new necklace and earrings.:cool:
    Phew!! I'm so glad they're not poorly :o
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies.

My hands too a hammering after my gardening marathon so I have been giving them lots of TLC. Weight loss plan still on track, planning my meals and tracking my points. People are really starting to notice now and I have to say it's nice to receive the compliments.:rotfl:

Deciding what to wear each day is now a pleasure, I have a whole "new" wardrobe:D. Just a pity I'm not getting much of a chance to wear nice summer clothes. Still at least it's finally getting a bit warmer now even if it's not that sunny. We have been lucky, we didn't get the forecast storms.

Kitchen floor now finished, he's done a good job. Just need to address a damp wall in the dining area and then I can then finally start painting.

Have a great day y'all.
  • LuxuryWoman
    LuxuryWoman Posts: 156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello fabbers,

Not been around for a while as d has been unwell again and it’s taken a lot out of me, menopause seems to have really kicked in too, I’m horribly hot and full of rage, unusual for me as I’m an even tempered sort. I’ve only skim read back.

I saw the Take That screening too, very enjoyable indeed, such a great entertaining show.

I actually got a compliment on my skin from a couple of old friends last week, both of whom have regular Botox, I think the home dermaplaning really helps and keeps of top of my middle aged chin bristles too :rotfl:

Weirdly despite eating loads to encourage d I seem to be losing a little weight, most odd, not a dramatic loss but still...

It’s so hard to dress right now due to the weather, I went through my shoes and have a ton of sandals but wellies are more appropriate right now. Had another clothes cull too.
    I’m after a tan bag for a wedding I’m going to soon but can’t find what I want, must be leather and preferably not a shoulder bag, any ideas?

I also need a fan. Like a lady from the 1800’s , I could look all mysterious fanning myself :rotfl:
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

It turns out that I am NOT a Great Grandmother after all. :( The lovely little boy that my grandson was convinced was his son has been proven through a DNA test to have been fathered by another young man. My grandson is absolutely devastated. :( I am only marginally less upset and my daughter is also upset to find that she is not a grandmother. Life has to go on when you get major disappointments. So I have no choice but to move on with my life.

I never received the £385.40 Council Tax refund and after almost 2 months of waiting for it to be paid to me. I received a letter yesterday from Lambeth Council Tax saying that the refund due to me was only 84p. :eek: I was flabbergasted. Anyway I spoke to Lambeth Council Tax and Lambeth Benefits this morning and apparently my Council Tax Support was revised on 16th May and that revision wiped out all but 84p of the £385.40. Yet no one had put anything in writing to me to explain why they had revised the amount of Council Tax Support I was entitled to. They have promised to put the decision in writing. Nothing I can do except suck it up. :p Good job, I never count money as mine until it is safely in my bank account. ;)

I went to see the film Late Night yesterday at Odeon Covent Garden and I found the whole film laugh out loud funny and it gave me time just to forget my worries and concentrate on having fun. :D:T

My right arm, is almost back to normal. Hopefully by Sunday I will be fully recovered. :D
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Hello LW. Lovey to see you back. I have often wondered how you are. I do love your name......:D

Sorry to hear are struggling with health issues. Hope you start to feel better soon. Fabbing will help. Honest. ;)

SUgarbaby. Shame about not being a get grandmother. One day maybe.

Also Sorry to hear your financial woes.....you do get messed about, but that's what's happens with the likes of councils and anything to do with benefits. When my husband was sick having to deal with all that almost made me demented.....as if I hadn't enough to deal with.

Glad your shoulder and arm are improving, mine are still playing up. Mind I don't help myself, I really ought to do some yoga or something. My builder told me off yesterday for kneeling on the damp whilst gardening. He's right it doesn't help my knee.

Just had a trying in session in my wardrobe. Lovely to be able to sip into a size 14. Just had a little mini purge too, another bag for the chazzer. Getting rid of anything I no longer like or don't feel comfortable in or that doesn't flatter me.

Life's too short to wear ugly clothes......:D
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies.

Very quiet on here. Hope you are all well and feeling fabulous.

Dreadfully sore and stiff this morning, so going to have a nice soak in the bath and try and do some simple stretches. Going to book myself a massage. I haven't had a massage for a while now and I have been getting progressively stiffer.

I am also out of the yoga habit, definitely need to get back on it.

Looks like the weather is finally bucking its ideas up......:rotfl:

BTW. LW. I have decided to treat myself to a black handbag for my birthday. I have been lucky with TK Maxx, got my last bag from there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure