Forum Home» Health & Beauty MoneySaving

Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again - Page 107

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again

edited 3 April 2019 at 11:33AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
2.8K replies 258.1K views

Replies

• lessonlearnedlessonlearned Forumite
    13.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Mother's Day....

Hope you all have a lovely day.

I am not a fan of restaurants on Mother's Day, they are just too busy.

My lot know this so they are coming round, taking over my kitchen and cooking up a feast. I don't need to do anything except enjoy. I have prepared in advance by saving up all my WW points so I can relax and not worry about sabotaging my weight loss.

Going to have a leisurely bath and pamper session. A nice fun relaxing day.
  • sugarbaby125sugarbaby125 Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Ladies,

I had the loveliest meal at Nando's to celebrate Mother's Day with my 4 children and 2 of my granddaughters yesterday. As the sun was shining we were able to bask in it and eat in the outdoor area. :j:D:T

I have a lovely bunch of flowers from my older son and my 2 granddaughters. They do justice to my crystal vase. :D

Today I will celebrate again with my younger son and daughter and open my cards and presents with the two of them. :D
  • silvasavasilvasava Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's my DDiL 's birthday today and her and DS2 are having a little break away so they popped in last night with flowers and a card Like you LL I'm not a fan of restaurants on Mother's Day - TBH I've never been to one! DS1 is doing a meal for me and DH later this afternoon. I'll be doing some major (for me) fabbing this morning. Defuzz, hands and feeties, face treatment, leisurely bath and hair wash. Then choose something that's nice to wear ;)
    Enjoy your day chums and the lighter evening!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • edited 1 April 2019 at 1:54PM
    MollMoll Forumite
    425 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 1 April 2019 at 1:54PM
    Happy Mothers Day everyone , and if we have any Mums on here pulling double duty . you are amazing xx Had a surprise belated birthday party last night from my 2 grown up kids and the grandchildren , It was a lovely surprise and even though i had 2 of my grandaughters with me during the day ( Age 5 & 6 ) neither let on about the secret party ,
  • lessonlearnedlessonlearned Forumite
    13.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had to come and share.......

If my scales are right then this morning I have smashed through the 12 stone barrier.....wahoo. :rotfl: so pleased.

(I realise that 12 stone is still pretty hefty but this time last year I was 13st 9lbs.). TBH even then I didn't look grossly overweight, I just seem to be able to hide it so people don't guess my true size.

This time last year I was struggling to get into some sized 18s, I'm now into 14-16s. :D

I really should have joined a slimming club long before now......still I'm doing it now and that's what counts.

Next goal........11 stone (or less) by July 6th.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    23.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's good news about the weightloss LL. It's always good to see a new figure (in more ways than one!:D). I was much the same weight as you when I started losing weight. I didn't really have a target weight, more a wish to get back onto a 'quality' size 12. It's a great feeling!:)

I suppose this guilt feeling about using time productively is universal. I think I suffer from Protestant work ethic and having so much time for relaxation is hard to manage. I've gradually wound down from work over time too silva. The organisation I've worked for has changed dramatically (for the worst IMO) so I'm gradually taking a back seat. I'm having minimal involvement until I finally leave at the end of August. I feel I should do some volunteering but haven't decided what yet.:)

Plants arrived from DD2 yesterday and DD1 will be round later. It's good that they think of me but no major celebrations. I'm another who loathes going out on Mothers' Day. It's just like going out for Christmas meals and I think it's got worse in recent years. Restaurants will have taken too many reservations and have too few staff in the kitchen and waiting tables.:mad:

DH and I will have our usual leisurely meal today. I think it was humpty who said a downside of not working is not having weekends to look forward to. I agree to an extent which is why we always have a special roast on a Sunday. What I don't miss is having to turn everything round (shopping, washing, ironing and heaps of stuff for work) at weekends. Like you, silva, we always have our main meal in the evening. It suits us. DH is out a lot during the day and neither of us is really hungry enough as we always have a decent breakfast.

I had a great time out dancing last night. I did every dance (about 20) and it was exhilarating. I wore my stripey taffeta Phase Eight skirt (CS buy) with a plain black top and felt really good. :) Other good news on the fabbing front, is that I've found another tube of Clarins Beauty Flash Balm! :D I have a drawer with various products that I've been given/came with gift sets that I'm gradually working through. I went in to get some more handcream and made the discovery!:D I've really taken to the stuff. It's just the right amount of colour/brightness for this time of the year, sort of between tinted moisturiser and bare skin (for hen we have natural colour).

It's bright here but considerably colder. Good to see the sun though. Have a good day all whatever you're doing. :)
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    23.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back again.:o I meant to comment on hair colour.

I'm fortunate that my hair hasn't showed many signs of going grey but it is a very boring mouse colour. I've had highlights done for years. Platinum blonde back in the day but now I have a mixture of golden and caramel tones but it does look much lighter in the summer. Highlights have the benefit of not showing regrowth so much as block colour so doesn't need doing so frequently.

I can often tell when women have dyed their hair at home. Obviously, the ones you notice tend to be the ones who've maybe done it badly or chosen the wrong colour for their skin tone. Too dark seems the most obvious one.:(

I suppose we all (unless you're a duchess!;)) have to prioritise what we spend whether that's spending in general or on ourselves. Personally, having my hair done regularly along with a few make up and skin products would be my priorities. Any thoughts?:)
  • Wednesday2000Wednesday2000 Forumite
    4.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭

If my scales are right then this morning I have smashed through the 12 stone barrier.....wahoo. :rotfl: so pleased.

(I realise that 12 stone is still pretty hefty but this time last year I was 13st 9lbs.). TBH even then I didn't look grossly overweight, I just seem to be able to hide it so people don't guess my true size.

This time last year I was struggling to get into some sized 18s, I'm now into 14-16s. :D

Well done!:T

I'm happy to be at 12 and 1/2 stone now and the two new dresses I bought were size 14 from Debenhams.

Is being heavy boned a real thing?:rotfl:

I remember being at uni and a group of us were talking about our weight and I said I weighed 10 stone and they all looked shocked. They were all around 8 and 1/2 to 9 stone but some wore bigger sizes than me.

I know I wore a size 10 then, the old size 10, not the vanity sizing!:D

I would be happy to get down to 11 and 1/2, I'm about size 12-14 at that weight.
  • Wednesday2000Wednesday2000 Forumite
    4.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    maman wrote: »
    I suppose we all (unless you're a duchess!;)) have to prioritise what we spend whether that's spending in general or on ourselves. Personally, having my hair done regularly along with a few make up and skin products would be my priorities. Any thoughts?:)

I used to get my hair cut and coloured in a salon when I worked in central London. It did cost a fortune as I had it done every 6 weeks.

Then I lost my job and I used to dye my hair myself or get it done at home by my mobile hairdresser. I haven't dyed it for 10 years now as I haven't got any grey yet.:)
  • supersaver1000supersaver1000 Forumite
    2.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭

Next goal........11 stone (or less) by July 6th.

Just delurking to say well done Lesson Learned!!!! :T:T

I was heading up towards 14 stone a couple of years ago. I somehow ballooned from a size 12/14 to struggling to get into 16s - but am now down to 13 stone 3lbs - I know its not a massive amount lost, but I'm so pleased to keep it off. I would love to get under 13 stone - so my next target is 12 stone 13lbs - its only 4lbs so I need to get a shifty on.

Really well done, you are spurring me onto get under 13!! :T:T

Wednesday2000 I am the same - I've always been heavier but smaller than other people (or is that just what they told us :o). I'm also fine with 11 and a half stone and a large 12/small 14. You are also spurring me on - if I can get into the 12 stones, it won't seem far to get into the 11 stones.
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved