PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If any of you are decluttering books/DVDs/CDs etc webuybooks has 15% extra today. The code is WBBBLM15

I'm definitely going to have a look at what I have later.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    An old kids toilet seat and a carrier bag of rubbish gone. Hmmmm I think I need to push myself a little more this morning.

The washing is still up to date though.:j I'm going to try and get rid of another bag of unwanted clothes later.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • White_musk
    Options
    Curled up under a throw all day. The heating has been off while the CORGI engineer fiddled around doing the last odds and bobs to the new boiler. He's gone now and finally I'm beginning to thaw.

No decluttering today, in-fact, apart from drinking hot drinks, no nothing today.
    Feb 2019 GC £151.53/£300
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, wisdom to know the difference.
  • janejamie
    janejamie Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    Very pleased my new bin has arrived to replace the old broken one and the tacky placky one that I hated. Neither were Labrador proof, much to ours enjoyment but this is a pedal bin which should put paid to bin raiding! Old broken one just needs a new catch and a friend is delighted to house it once fixed (and cleaned!) so win-win there.
  • janejamie
    janejamie Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    88-90 3 more hours weeding and that's all the plants to bed now! It's more of an allotment than a garden and I have special plants in the ground that needed to be individually weeded then covered with a square tree guard to aid frost proofing.
    91-92 two flebay sales posted
    93-95 three pairs shoes ordered online and don't fit properly.

Looking forward to getting to 100 this week!
  • bargainhunterss
    Options
    Fair bit decluttered over the weekend sorting our the back bedroom. We’ve got friends staying over at the weekend so we needed the room ship shape! Also sorted out my shoes/scarves/bags, so plenty to be donated or binned. Also managed to sort out the memory boxes we have in the spare bedroom. They tend to just be stuffed with things off holiday (including leaflets/maps) so it was nice to get them in some sort of order so we can actually appreciate them! Safe to say the random maps of places we’ve been have been recycled (we live in the North of England, so we don’t have much use for a map of Lincoln city centre, or any sentimental attachment to it!!) :D
    Every act of kindness, no matter how small, isn’t wasted ❤️
    "It’ll be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright - it’s not the end"
    Every pound we spend is a vote for the sort of world we want

2021 wins - 1
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well I'm back on the decluttering train with a vengeance :j.

We had trip to the tip this morning ( I no longer drive so DH is my chauffeur :D ) with 4 large sacks of wood, ( remnants of parts of an old shed ). There are still a couple more trips to make but they will have to wait until the weather, time and our energy coincide :rotfl:. Also ready for the next tip trip is an old baby bath and the plastic part from a car seat, as no longer needed ( DGC are now 9 and 7 :eek: ) and there are several part used tins of paint ready to go too.
    This afternoon I have filled a bag of rubbish for the bin and another bag with shredded paper for the recycling which is out ready for collection tomorrow. I also cleaned the bedroom and sorted out the " bits " basket by my bed ( why did I have 20 odd assorted buttons still in their plastic bags in there ? ) and my bedside cabinet. There is now a bag for the cs which is filling up nicely, with some make up, perfume and smellies all unused and still packaged, some dessert spoons ( surplus to requirement ) and a cd holder, some cd's, music tapes and two stuffed toy bears.
    I sent DH to the shed to dismantle a large toy wooden garage that he made 15 yrs ago for our great nephew, which was passed down to DGS and then his sister, so I think it's done it's time and it's now too tatty for anyone else :(. While he was there he also filled a bag full of rubbish....... maybe he's getting the bug too :j.
    Happy decluttering all :D
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi all

The scheduled de-cluttering is officially done, after I got all the paperwork shredded and sorted out under the stairs.

It'll soon be on to round two as we pack in earnest, then again of course as we unpack in the new house.

We've got a big pile now for the charity shop which will go at the weekend. I shall be pleased to get it out of the way!

As tempting as it is to be ruthless with our books and DVDs, I do like to see them on the shelves. We often stream movies now via the subscription services, and I have a kindle so I buy my books on there now if I can. The requirement is a book/DVD we'll read/watch more than once, so we only fill only two of the tall IKEA Billy bookcases between us. :)
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    46-56) I spent a very boring hour going through my jewellery box and looking for broken/orphaned earrings/butterflies etc. I sent them off to Hatton Garden Metals today and should hopefully get some money for them tomorrow. It's nice to actually see what earrings I have as these were ones I hadn't worn for ages because I needed to sort them into pairs. I found more than ten but it feels like cheating to include each earring back as a separate item!
  • daisy_1571
    daisy_1571 Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MrsSD unfortunately DH is only supervising. He wants to live with no clutter or mess but doesn't want to throw a anything away.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: now that would be great if we cud work out how go do that :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I suppose the good thing is hes not actually against it, well done you for coping with 'supervision' :T:T

Daisy xxx
    2022: 3🏅 4⭐ 2023: 5🎖🏅🏅 🎖🏅6 ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion. Take hold of every moment - anon I'm a clutterbug butterfly 🦋 The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If you aren't already using something in your home, you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure