PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

villagelife, keeping the numbers ticking along nicely :T Come back :D just one more item for your 100 :j:D

cranky40, I hope you have loads of pictures of your creations :D Lovely to pass on the mantle of Baker & cake decorator to the younger generation :T - I hope you are going to be the beneficiary of loads of hm goodies :rotfl:

never too old, building up the kitty nicely :T Keep up the good work :D

parsniphead, that is a really good start - a conversation with DH is a brilliant beginning - it will be so much easier if there are two of you decluttering :D. How about offering each other a treat e.g. if DH halves the contents of his wardrobe & halves the number of his pairs of shoes then you will cook his favourite meal. If you have a type of clutter that you find difficult to deal with then arrange for DH to provide you with a treat when you tackle it :D Wishing you every success in your decluttering :rotfl:

Happy Kitties, another one racing to 100 :T You must already be ‘feeling’ a difference with the amount of stuff you have got rid of :T

chocolatelover93, hope your DS gets better very soon. Well done :T kitchen 90% done & already planning to revisit :rotfl:

CAFCGirl, Well Done :T - very large numbers on a daily basis :T

notmy1sttime, new to you curtains & old curtains washed, thanked & on their way to a new home :TReminds me I need to measure up & start looking for curtains for several rooms :)

Ginmonster, :j:j NINE bags of clothes to your neighbour :T she must be very happy :D & all that space you have c eaten must be making you jump for joy :j

Gem-gem, now that is dedication to decluttering dust :rotfl: I am just imagining the Venetian blind looking on as you emptied, cleaned & sorted the cupboards & wondering when it was going to feel the love :rotfl: Well Done on cleaning your wok :T

Hermia, well written :T Seems like the coat hanger reversal just extended to every item in your home :D

chupachups4, family time is way more important than decluttering but you still managed to declutter a couple of items. :T well done :rotfl:

:hello:Deni debt-free dreamer, what a great name :) Welcome aboard the ‘Declutter Bandwagon’ - we love having new people join us. One idea to start you off is to make sure that your bed is made every day before you leave your bedroom. Also as you leave your bedroom pick up at least one item that does not belong :D We are all here to encourage each other & very occasionally to provide a ‘virtual kick up the jacksie’ :rotfl::rotfl: Sometimes it is difficult to know where to start, but you have made a great decision :T you have joined us on the great declutter journey :D:D :rotfl:

choille, remember setting the heather on fire could mean you lose your roses :rotfl:

cherie1122, listing items out on the thread is a way to remind yourself that you are succeeding in your quest to declutter :D Being cheeky now :p my idea for you is to take a small bag into your bedroom & not leave until it is filled with items that should not be in the room :p by the way it can be a very small bag :rotfl:

White-musk, your excitement is infectious :D Please don’t put us all to shame :rotfl:

Tfoz, :T well done - what a result - something unloved by you now with someone who was happy to pay to take it off your hands (or should that be out of your drawer :rotfl:) & a kitchen declutter & reorganisation as well :T

sillyvixen, I am very impressed :T you have been a busy bee :T Hopefully you will have help decluttering junior church cupboards :D

somerandom, you have definitely caught the ‘decluttering bug’ :rotfl: you definitely deserve a drumroll but cannot find a smilie so :beer: will have to do :rotfl: Please cherish your empty drawer :rotfl:

:naughty: phoebe1989SEB :naughty: you are definitely NOT a fraud :naughty: 2018 was a good decluttering year for you - furniture items count as at least double :rotfl: & what a great start for 2019 :T:T - 796 items :T:T I can definitely say that you are our premier declutterer :rotfl: I think we now have at least 10 carriages on our ‘Decluttering Bandwagon’ So welcome aboard & I for one am looking forward to ‘tales of cottage & hedge decluttering’ :rotfl:

Saturday - I got up too late to pay the milkman :( My F*tb*t was very happy with me yesterday - it gave me a badge for completing 42km I.e. my first marathon :rotfl: only took 8 days :rotfl:
    The freezers lists are typed out & printed off + because I have wiggle room I was able to put a large bag of Bolognese sauce in the freezer when I batch cooked for dinner :)

DH is still plodding along in the bathroom :) He is using spare floor tiles to revamp the bath panels :T Hopefully he will finish tomorrow & do the tidy up :T Then I have no excuse not to go through the bathroom cabinet :rotfl:
    I am still not feeling the decluttering mojo :( but tomorrow I am going to sort the food cupboards - yet again & update my lists :rotfl:

103 - 105 Newspaper, two plastic bottles - recycled

You are all putting me to shame on the decluttering :o but at least my F*tb*t loves me :rotfl:

See you tomorrow

MrsSD
    105/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    39-43) Books sold on ebay
    44) Hand soap used up (only another dozen to go!)
    45) Bag sold on ebay

The biggest shock for me is that my book collection is now down to a couple of shelves. I used to have hundreds of books. I now am much happier getting books from the library or borrowing them from Kindle Unlimited. It's actually nicer to always have new books to choose from rather than shelves of stuff I've read, or have been avoiding reading, looming over me!
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Some more decluttered.

100-101 old photo frames that had seen better days.
    102 CD
    103-106 card photo frames.
    107 an old photo album that was falling to bits.
    108-110 about 30 photos binned from MIL. Not sure who some of people were and some of DH estranged sister that he doesn't want.

I will be getting did of more of the photos but only in small amounts as DH days no to all at once.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Really want to get to my first 100 before the end of January. Just working on another bag for the charity shop that I'm hoping to drop off tomorrow.

I'm in conflict with a battered old metal basin. I think it was my great grandmothers but it has good and bad memories associated with it. It has moved down through the generations and I used to make my Christmas puds in it. However it came from my grandmother who I can only describe as a nasty piece of work. I look at it and think if I get rid am I getting rid of a piece of family history but at the same time I look at it and it reminds me of all the really nasty stuff my grandmother did and don't want to keep bad memories.
    I have better mementos of our family history, it's just a metal basin at the end of the day.im thinking I do need to out it in the recycling but I keep looking at it, has taken me a few days to think about what to do but if i was told i could only keep 25% of my things the basin would go
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • seahorsey
    Options
    Not updated for a while, so jumped from 34- 109 items gone! Have decluttered airing cupboard - old towels / fleecey blankets to dogs home. Ancient duvet ditched and 12 bedding sets put out for charity shop / car boot. Also tackled a small cupboard and one drawer in the bedroom (baby steps!) and have recycled empty perfume bottles and got rid of a pile of paperwork, empty gift bags, sunglasses and all manner of random bits!!! It’s all quite therapeutic!
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning,

38 & 39 2 more gaming figures sold and in the post.

I've also listed some slimming world cookbooks on Ebay so there's potential there :D Other than that I'm having a quiet day with ironing later and not much else other than knitting and taking it easy.

Take care all of you :)
  • cherie1122
    cherie1122 Posts: 490 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 January 2019 at 8:23PM
    Options
    I got rid of a calculator that the battery has gone on (I have a calculator on my phone so don't need it), three more magazines, yesterday's Daily Mail, a load of key tags and an old packet of lambs lettuce seeds (bought when I was looking after my son's tortoises).

I just chucked out a lot of sweets I'd bought for Halloween 2017 that never got given away or eaten. They must have been really out of date.

You guys are keeping me on my toes - many thanks
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,436 Forumite
    Options
    Haven't done much since my last post as I have been busy,busy,busy and mainly out of the house with one thing and another :eek:. I have been reading along though.
    I did have a "me" day yesterday to try to recharge the old batteries, but I did manage to throw out a chipped glass... wow go me ! :rotfl:
    I will try to get back to decluttering this week, so please don't put me on the naughty step just yet :D
    Keep up the great work everyone :T
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Bozwood
    Bozwood Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    Hi well today has gone well we have emptied the back room which was a dumping ground and one load has gone to the tip plus one sofa which is on the drive to go. We have put a small lot back but I’m going to take those to the jumble sale to sell. We have had a move about and put the cat tree back in the front room the shoe box is back in the hall we did go though and got rid of some we put the Christmas decorations in the loft and a few other thing. We are moving the small table in to our room so I can use my sewing machine in there. I am really pleased with what we have done. You do feel good when you see past it all Dh is looking for a rowing machine which could go in the back room we will get more use out off it now
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had the ice skates collected today and swapped for a £10 note :j

Old first aid kit out the house too.
    The 'utility' cupboard getting done today. Will probably see about 15-20 things out of there, and then the bathroom shelves to be done too.
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family