PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This morning I've been in the baking cupboard and decluttered :-

28 - snowman shaped cake pan
    29&30 2 mini teddy bear cake pans
    31 - multi mini loaf cake pan
    32 - butterfly rolling pin (leaves butterfly print on whatever you roll)
    33 & 34 - silicone chocolate christmas shape moulds
    35 - mould for making fondant jewellery shapes
    36 - mould for making fondant bows
    37 - mini heart shaped cake pan

All going to a young lady who is a very promising cake decorator even though she's very young.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 January 2019 at 9:39AM
    Options
    Back again

83-old pencil case
    84-85 broken pencil frames
    86-94 pencils
    95- paperwork shredded
    96-99 lids from takeaway pots.
  • never_too_old
    Options
    Morning all

1 item sold on facebook and a few books scanned to sell and put in a box until I sort more to add.
    Have a good clearer weekend :rotfl:
    MAKE £2022 in 2022 no 29 £2022/£434.10
    Mortgage@ 1/1/2022 £17540 / £1601.39
    pay all your debts by xmas 2022 £15000/ £1865.29

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680889456637403
    you tube channel never too old
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cherie1122 wrote: »
    I just chucked out a long fluffy duster that my late husband bought about 10 years ago. It was stuck in a corner and I never used it but because he bought it, I just left it there. It might have been useful for cobwebs but I use the vacuum cleaner to get rid of those. I have loads of things hanging around the house that have become invisible to me - I must start seeing stuff again (if that makes sense)

That's so true. I know I live in clutter everyday and it drives me mad but I dontcseem to see the easy wins.

I have been talking to DH this mornibg about having a mass cull of stuff in this house and he said he is up for it. I just need to get him going. If he started on his clothes it would help. He probably has 4 times what I do and a stupid amount of pairs of shoes.

I'm having a gentle declutter this morning as I pushed myself a bit too hard yesterday cleaning the carpet, but oh it was worth it and so satisfying.

Must go or I will be on here forever.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 January 2019 at 2:19PM
    Options
    *50 nearly empty cheap perfume bottle-now in recycling
    *51 watering can head -into recycling

Finally did the tip run so very happy as 24 items gone from wrecked mop handles, a battered connect 4 game with missing bits, an old cat carrier (which if my ginger tom head butts he bursts out of), a plastic storage tower with broken drawers and other rogue items of no use. Living room still needs more packing up of items ready for decorating so not really seeing a difference at the moment but I'm sure I will see and feel a massive difference once I get my new living room :)

*52-75 items to tipx24.
    *76 slimming world booklet (cut out one recipe)-recycling
    *77 big Christmas cream cracker tub-recycling
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • chocolatelover93
    Options
    Nannywindow - I've been up and down the last 6 months I lost 3st 7lb all togher and then put on 2st 7lb of it :eek: so I gave myself a kick up the bum. It can be hard though :(

Parsniphead - I have 2 bags full of my DS's clothes upstairs (kept my fave bits) I would like to make them into a nice memory blanket for him but I have no idea what I am doing :rotfl::rotfl: I don't think I will have any more children I'm only 25 so might do in a few years but atm they are just clogging up the loft lol.

Cherie - I know what you mean about seeing past things, I do this too!! Sometimes I think it would just be easier to clear the whole house out and then put it all back in again bit by bit. There is actually a show on Netflix called Consumed where they do this. They're only allowed to keep 25% of the stuff they have, it's quite interesting to watch and one lady said it was such a pain putting all the stuff in boxes she didn't realize how much she actually had.

Sorry no check in for a few days my DS is poorly again, chest and ear infection this time :( had a moment to cry yesterday feel so sorry for him, he just keeps getting them it's not fair!

Decluttering news though!
    Old baby chair sold on FB so £5 made :T
    Thew out some old boxes and stuff. Think my kitchen is 90% done! Looked in the cupboards the other day and have put some old cups, glasses and plates in the charity shop bag.
    Most of the kitchen cupboards have been decluttered :D so I'm quite pleased that I've almost finished one room and it's not even the end of Jan! I might go back over it again in a few months and declutter some more (really have got the bug haha)

We even managed to eat dinner up the table on Thursday for the first time in forever! So I hope that continues.

So that's about it over the past few days!

C xx
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another 27 items from the kitchen.
    Cupboards reorganised and they feel much better!

Next area to tackle is going to be my seed box. I may donate these to the local community group who have taken on an allotment on our site so that'll start them off nicely.

Another 4 items of clothing from D'S too added to the CS bag that he's grown out of.He's slim but long legs which is hard enough but add to that sensory issues and very tight budget, it's a challenge finding him stuff.

Happy weekend to all - may it be productive in the way you need
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • notmy1sttime
    Options
    Chupachups - sounds an exciting adventure, are you blogging this story? I would be interested.
    Salad - thanks for the individual encouragement, must be time consuming to do that but it is motivating.

Todays report for the last few days of decluttering activity:
    - finally put up some new to me vintage curtains I got in charity shop ages ago, they have been cluttering the bottom of my wardrobe so have space there now. I will wash the old curtains and take the charity shop next week.
    - I have today taken to the local recycling an old vacuum cleaner, a small kitchen appliance that blew up and a couple of random bits of wood.
    - dropped off a return item at Hermes collection point, had it parceled up ages. This should also initiate my refund of £19
  • Ginmonster
    Options
    9 bags of the 6 year old's outgrown clothes given to our neighbour today. They're finally out the door - hip hip hooray!
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,409 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    23. Hit the kitchen today, washing out the cupboards and drawers and reorganising. 1 sack of rubbish into the bin. Other bits in the recycling.
    I was going to bin the wok, but I managed to clean it up beautifully using washing powder and lemon juice. I also washed the venitian blind, slat by slat.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family