PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    1095-1115. Commemorative items into charity bag
    1116. Cardboard box recycled

1117. Large wooden pallet given away on Facebook
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Friday has been slightly better weather - brighter but rained on & off & very windy. Gathered together the ingredients for an hm chutney only to discover that I have no malt vinegar :eek: although I do have 4 bottles of Worcestershire Sauce :rotfl: Almost finished the baby blanket, which I will donate to the CS. Bacon sarnies for DH & DSis, I finished the last of the hm soup. DH bathed, got suited & booted & went off to Works Sports Club dinner. I cooked burger, chips & beans for DSis & I.

3883 - 3887 One drinks tin, plastic bottle & cap, cardboard packaging, food can, newspaper - Recycled
    3888 - 3889 Bag of kitchen detritus, plastic packaging - Binned
    3890 Old unliked shirt dismantled for rags

Keep up the Good work Barny1979 :T

Excellent work catz4m8z :T I especially like the idea of taking down the big picture & then deciding whether or not to donate ;)

Excellent work bit by bit :T Helping others MST help to give you a warm glow & at least 2 degrees less on the thermostat :rotfl:

See you all tomorrow my fellow declutterers.

MrsSD
    3890/4038
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • gilly1964
    gilly1964 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good Morning All

I cannot believe it is 4 weeks since I was last here

The kitchen is still a work in progress, the company fudged up the measuring of the work tops, so all is still very disjointed and stress levels are through the roof.

1860 - 1895 - Various cardboard boxes and bits of wood to recycling
    1896 - 1898 - 3 woks to CS, as do not work on new induction hob
    1899 - Saucepan to CS
    1900 - 1912 - Various kitchen pamphlets to recycling
    1913 - 1915 - Oven dishes to CS
    1916 - Microwave left outside and taken by scrappers
    1917 - 1921 - DGS birthday presents to him
    1922 - 1923 - Birthday cards posted
    1924 - 1927 - Bottles to recycling
    1928 - Gym ball to CS
    1929 - 1935 - Clothing to CS
    1936 - 1955 - Polystyrene packing to tip
    1956 - Empty shampoo bottle to recycling
    1957 - Local newspaper to recycling
    1958 - Door mat to tip
    1959 - 1965 - Cans to recycling
    1966 - Empty nutmeg jar to recycling
    1967 - 1972 - rusty oven trays to tip
    1973 - Packing from new table to recycling

I am so close to the 2019 target and may even have passed it as cannot remember everything

Kitchen worktops now being fitted on 4th November so there will be more boxes and packing for recycling then

After the rugby off to go tile and paint hunting, undecided on curtains as dining chairs are all different colours. Also need to look for wall coverings, thinking a large print or ornamental looking clock.

Now going to have a read back to see how you are all doing

Have a good weekend all x
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    More has left the house

1336-1339 old takeaway tubs
    1340-1342 kids for take away tubs which didn't match the tubs.
    1343-1349 plastic spoons and forks.
    1350-1351 chopsticks
    1352 a stained shirt.
    1353-1354 magazines to DH work.
    1355 pension paperwork shredded. I don't need umpteen change of address forms etc

That's all for now.
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Options
    choille wrote: »
    All the best for DIL and yourself whmfoooo1 - hope it all goes well.

612 - big bag of plastic to recycling bin.

615 - 3 things posted.

625 - stuff to CS.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

The dinner that DH attended was the 150th Anniversary of the works Cricket Club (the CC is now defunct as the Company sold off the cricket ground & a golf driving range was built :() About 60 attended, old friends, nice dinner, speeches & way to much beer for my DH :mad: Saturday it has rained on & off all day & it has been very dark. I was up at 9:00 & was available to pay the milkman - much to his surprise ;) He shocked me by the amount I owed - 8 weeks of milk :eek:
    The baby blanket is finished & I have started a 2nd one :rotfl: White with a few rows of pastel green top & bottom. Woke DH up at about 12:30 - no headache, no justice ;)
    I did an sm shop - finally got some vinegar so will make the chutney tomorrow :rotfl: Dinner was pork loin steaks, mash & sliced green beans.

3891 - 3898 Three drinks tin, 3 lots of cardboard packaging, plastic tray, newspaper - Recycled
    3899 - 3900 Bag of kitchen detritus, plastic packaging - Binned

Nice to see you back gilly1964 :T Excellent work on the decluttering :T Almost there ;)

Great work villagelife :T keeping up the momentum :T

Well Done choille :T

See you all tomorrow my fellow declutterers.

MrsSD
    3900/4038
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • IrishRose12
    IrishRose12 Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening everyone 2 more items sold on Ebay today so they'll be posted on Monday.
    Have had someone message me tonight regarding a brand new jumper I have listed, telling me it can be bought for £10 less and free postage, I have replied telling her i suggest she goes and buys it from there then as I have listed it at the price i bought it for, and am only selling because it's too big and as I ordered it from an Australian website and had it delivered to my aunts house who then brought it home from Australia fr me last month, I find it hard to believe that it's available in the UK :rotfl: I also informed her that I am not a business and I don't work for, nor own royal mail so I am not paying for her postage either.
    Funnily enough I haven't heard back from her since:rotfl:

Anyhow, its freezing here this past 2 days..... we had frost yesterday morning, and it's been cold as ice all day today, we actually had a shower of hailstones this afternoon, the wind has picked up tonight also.
    So hat, scarf and gloves have come out tonight ready for winter lol.

It's supposed to be dry tomorrow, so it but stays that way I'm hoping to go out and do a final few hits and pieces to the garden, then that's it done for the year. We're off to the cinema tomorrow afternoon, then to watch the Halloween fireworks display afterwards so looking forward to getting out and about.

Oh and MrsSD no chance jf me beating myself up if I dont get my lists done. I get way too easily distracted and blown off course, so I just make the decision that I wasn't really meant to do.that job instead :rotfl:
    Pay all debt off by Christmas 2024 £537/£3,500£1 a day challenge 2024 - £91/£730 Declutter a bag a week in 2024 6/52Lose 24lb - 3/24lbs Read 1 book per week - 5/52Pay off credit card debt 7/100%
  • Barny1979
    Options
    1117. Large wooden pallet given away on Facebook

1118-1122. Royal items to charity bag and all bags dropped off to local shop
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I have another bag for the chazzer. All clothes again.

I'm not buying any more new clothes this year, only £1 bargains from my local charity shop, if anything!:money:

I'm also going to feed the birds with bird food and some stale bread. I need to start running down the freezer as we have lots of food in there and we can't fit a loaf of bread in there at the moment.

Bottles and jars to recycling as well.
  • Barny1979
    Options
    1118-1122. Royal items to charity bag and all bags dropped off to local shop

1123-1148. More royal items into bag and gone to the charity shop
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport