PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• aimeemum
    aimeemum Posts: 687 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Sent 4 spare boxes out of the house (containing 4 items hubby sold on ebay - don't count those items as they lived in the garage and that's his domain!! :D) plus a lot of things into the bin - 1 big bin bag gone from the kitchen.

MIL coming to stay for a few nights over half term is making me a little bit more keen to get everything clear....wish I had the energy lol.
    Changing my Family's Future!! - Starting again!!!!
    Current Progress -
    Debt - Start date 31/8/22 = £7,252.78
    Savings 31/8/22 - £0
    plus £1000 EF - £0/£1000 = 0%
  • Ginmonster
    Options
    I took a bag of books to the charity shop today so I'm officially back on the decluttering train. 😀
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    amycool: I may steal your idea for storing tea towels! We have loads but nowhere to store them. does anyone else have any good ideas, other than throw them into a random draw wherever they will fit?

I put some hooks on the back of the door of my cleaning/odds and ends cupboard and I hang them on the there. If I put them in a drawer I know it would end up a mess!

184-188) Old appointment diaries thrown away.

189-194) Craft stuff sold on Facebook. FB selling has its ups and downs, but one nice thing is the buyers often tell you what project they will be using your craft items for.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Good afternoon from a very shame faced :o MrsSD :o having just been persuaded out of bed by my DH :( with the bribe of a mug of tea :T I will drink, cheerlead, post & then get cracking ;) The weather forecast was correct for a change - a damp, drizzly & miserable day:(

So straight into cheerleading

Well Done villagelife :T - you found items to declutter even when you probably didn’t want to ;)

Welcome back Molillie :) nice to see you :D Pesky RL :( does get in the way of decluttering :rotfl: Thank you for the info on learning to crochet :T Well Done on keeping up the one a day :T it all makes a difference :D Just think tonight you will be decluttering some reading :rotfl:

oceanspirit, Thank you for that :T although it seems that my decluttering mojo needed a long sleep :) I agree that visible clutter-busting makes us feel better :D so Well Done on enlisting a bit of help with the high book shelves :T & continuing with the books out campaign :T. We’re they pretty pens, that you thought you might get refills for? - that is usually my ‘reason’ for keeping old pens ;)

choille, that is so sad :( but you have now taken the bull by the horns & decided enough is enough :) Now you are on the road in the ‘Declutter Bandwagon’ & exchanging ‘hoarding’ for ‘Decluttering’ - Well Done :T

CompletelyLost, Well Done on the sales :T pennies in the pot + you are decluttering packaging materials :T I hope you are counting that as part of your decluttering :D Quick question re the ‘list or not list’ dilemma - ?Which will make you happier at this point - more pennies in OR more clutter out? HTH

amycool, Well Done on the decluttering & tidying :T Sorry your DD is unwell & I wish her a speedy recovery. Finishing projects is a great way of decluttering :D so more power to your knitting needles :rotfl: You must be chuffed to bits that your OH is noticing your efforts at decluttering :D I have visions of a Cheshire Cat :D

Well Done Happy Kitties :T. Sounds like you are starting to become a Happy Kitty :rotfl: Hopefully your DD won’t be too shocked - otherwise she won’t be able to tell you how proud she is of the declutterer you are becoming :D. Big cheers to you re the neutral items - hip hip hooray :j

Well Done GreenQueen :T keeping up the momentum :T Do you have a back up declutter plan if the weather is nice? Attic clearing is great if it is raining and/or cold but not much fun if it is bright & sunny :( Not trying too discourage you :p - so when you declutter the attic don’t forget to give yourselves a little treat on top of the warm glow of satisfaction :rotfl:

chupachups4, Love hearing from people in France :D My DSis lived in the SW for 23 years - came back to U.K. in May ‘18 & is firmly ensconced in our house now - seems to be making no effort to plan for her future though :(

Well Done never too old, I find that it makes me happier to declutter to family - you get the instant knowledge of a happy recipient :T plus the cheap kettle probably would have ended up as clutter in your DD’s home :rotfl: Re the jam maker - could you put Marie Kondo into play? Hold it in your hands, apologise for it’s lack of use due to RL getting in the way :( thank it for it’s sterling service & release it to the CS :D

Well Done aimeemum :T especially on getting DH on the ‘Decluttering Bandwagon’ :T. Re ‘the visit’ - little & often is the way to go :D

Well Done Ginmonster :T By the way once aboard you are never let off :rotfl: you might find a corner to sleep in for a while but there are no stops :rotfl:

Well Done Hermia :T still decluttering & keeping the pennies rolling in :T

Now I need to get off my fat a*se & do some exercise/decluttering etc :p

See you later

MrsSD
    339/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • GreenQueen
    Options
    Thanks Mrs SD.

I take your point, and if we get this mini heatwave as promised, we may move out into the garage. It's not as if we're short of decluttering projects!

What is happening with the weather, the forecast is certainly not right for February?
    2021 - mission declutter and clean - 0/2021
  • ailz95
    ailz95 Posts: 380 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Taken a bag of kitchen stuff - cake tin, sprouter, oven chip baking tray - and other bits and pieces to Celia Hammond charity shop in Wadhurst. They will happily take towels etc., for the sanctuary near Hastings - I always get lost trying to find it - I've also got some cat food that my cat doesn't like so I'll let them have that too. Got rid of more batteries in Sainsbury's in Hastings - and had a nice lunch there too.

Recluttered with 2 more round paperweights from the charity shop.
    Clutter free wannabee 2021 /52 bags to cs. /2021 'stuff' out of the place

YOU CANNOT BE ALL THE GOOD THAT THE WORLD NEEDS, BUT THE WORLD NEEDS ALL THE GOOD YOU CAN BE
    taken from Shelbizleee on YouTube - her copyright
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options

Well Done Happy Kitties :T. Sounds like you are starting to become a Happy Kitty :rotfl: Hopefully your DD won’t be too shocked - otherwise she won’t be able to tell you how proud she is of the declutterer you are becoming :D. Big cheers to you re the neutral items - hip hip hooray :j

339/2019
    Many thanks Mrs SD
    Well things were going well but it seems DM is on the decluttering bandwagon so when I went to drop the present off, I came out with 2 big bags of wool to be sent to charity and various other bits and pieces, some will go straight to CS.
    So this afternoon I've parcelled up one bag of wool ready to send:A
    Dont mind doing this for DM or charity at all. At one time I would have left it dumped somewhere and lingering, taking time to sort out.......now it's a case of if it comes into the house, it gets shipped out just as quick......I've worked to hard for my spaces :)
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    I think HK has made an extremely important point. I tend to slide back into procrastination when I feel too busy. My new mantra is Never Ever Procrastinate.

I’m also trying to always pick up as I go through the house (for some other reason). It’s just amazing to me how much this one new habit has impacted on our home life.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • Marpau
    Marpau Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Well it's half term here so childminding duties but that doesn't stop the decluttering bug. Went to DIL house this morning and de cluttered 3 huge baskets of ironing! Now I can actually see the spare room In itching to get back tomorrow. Why is it always easier to de clutter for other people? Thanks for the recommendation for vinted some of my items are sticking on eBay so may give this a go after my holidays.
    🏅 x 1
    🌟 
    Declutter 150/2022
    Treat jar £92.63

• chupachups4
    chupachups4 Posts: 156 Forumite
    edited 18 February 2019 at 7:13PM
    Options
    319: 1 item sold, 20 euros in the travel pot
    320-339: 20 magazines in recycling
    340: 1 planner binned
    341-372: 32 books and console games, sold 23 euros in the travel pot
    373: 1000 mails deleted.

MrsSD, I live near Paris, but Mum and Dad live in SW where the weather is much better. Hope Dsis will know soon what to do about her future
    1st goal: 0/936 euros
    2nd goal: 0/15160 euros
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family