PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• Happy_Kitties
    Options
    *120 brand new laptop case DD had. We tried it on the bay of e before Christmas but no interest so DD wanted it to go to favourite charity.

Sorted out overweight exploding parcel, 2 items had to be taken out but it does mean and I can sort and send another parcel of stuff.

So a new non exploding underweight parcel was sent this morning containing laptop case and more neutral items.

Neutral items sent =12

Kitchen looks better now parcels have gone and spare room is looking better for neutral items being shipped out.
    Happy days :)
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Elise1912
    Options
    I get so anxious when I see cupboards full of absolute rubbish! My husband hates clearing out and would hoard for the rest of his life! I have two small children and the house seems to overflow with their clothes, toys and craft projects! Full steam ahead for a February 2019 clear out!...
  • White_musk
    Options
    Elise1912 wrote: »
    I get so anxious when I see cupboards full of absolute rubbish! My husband hates clearing out and would hoard for the rest of his life! I have two small children and the house seems to overflow with their clothes, toys and craft projects! Full steam ahead for a February 2019 clear out!...

My DD was like this with my DGD's clothes until I saw a program about clothing banks for babies and children. They are sometimes attached to food banks but I'm sure the school nurse or health visitor would be able to tell you about a scheme in your area.

It made parting with clothing so much easier as you know people who really need the clothing will get it free and it helps little wee ones.
    Feb 2019 GC £151.53/£300
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, wisdom to know the difference.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My thoughts are with all who have suffered losses recently. Am having a busy couple of weeks out of house but am working myself up to a shredding session, big deal as the shredding box seems to fill up so quickly and then its a faff to put in a big bag etc etc but need to be done. My main reason for trying to de-clutter is that I an thinking (only been thinking for a couple of years or so) of selling and buying/moving to an old persons flat/complex, maybe in the next couple of years as climbing the stairs is getting a bit of a chore. But I have a 3 bed house with furniture etc, no idea what to do with everything, too much for a flat. Not really looking forward to the whole thing, sort of hoping that everything will "see me out". I am not depressed about anything, just big cant be bothered but ought to be. Ah well, makes dd happy that I am thinking of moving. Onward and upward.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not much to be done today as this afternoon we are going to get DH's oncology injection done and there's always some sort of a problem. But gone in the bin today - 1 pair of broken slippers. Only a baby step taken but in the right direction.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Deni_debt-free_dreamer
    Options
    Been to the tip at lunchtime with 2 large bin bags following the declutter session at the weekend; put 2 pairs of shoes in the shoe collection & a broken waste paper bin & broken aerial lead was tipped too. Managed to find a spare bin in the garage of doom so no need to buy a new one!! Keep going everyone Dx
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
  • chocolatelover93
    Options
    Hello everyone

MadamMim - sending hugs xx

ailz - sorry for your loss :( xx

Not had a good week, DS went into hospital on Friday for croup and yet another ear infection, I keep getting panic attacks and my mental health isn't the best at the moment :( and to top it all of I now have a chest infection! So I haven't really been doing much decluttering!

Although today I did do some bits I really needed to do on my to-do list so I could say I decluttered that?

Will try and get back to it when I'm feeling better.

C xx
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    Hello everyone

MadamMim - sending hugs xx

ailz - sorry for your loss :( xx

Not had a good week, DS went into hospital on Friday for croup and yet another ear infection, I keep getting panic attacks and my mental health isn't the best at the moment :( and to top it all of I now have a chest infection! So I haven't really been doing much decluttering!

Although today I did do some bits I really needed to do on my to-do list so I could say I decluttered that?

Will try and get back to it when I'm feeling better.

C xx

Bless you.. sounds to me like you need a hug right back!!
    Try and take some time out for you, a warm bath, snooze when you can, drink plenty..

I empathise about the panic attacks.. mine are not as mean as before & I didn’t do too badly in my DS2’s disciplinary at college this morning, I did cry a lot though so I think they are finally getting the picture, I am world weary... :o

Sending one more hug for luck..;)
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Uncluttered_unicorn
    Options

182 Cracked plate (bin)

No more yarn used = still 4

Not much happening here - real life is getting in the way, however even though there's only minor improvement, we are managing to keep on top of things and not let the clutter accumulate any more. Things like dealing with the post and school etc ppw immediately, and being ruthless with packaging is helping to keep the decks clear.

I'm sorry to see that so many posters are going through a difficult time just now - sending sympathy and strength to each of you.

183 - 185 3 clothing items to ragbags
    186 - 189 4 dog toys (bin)
    190 - 191 2 charging cables (broken - electronic recycling)
    192 - 193 2 jamjars to recycling
    194 Community brochure
    195 Packaged and posted a birthday present (a little late :()
    196 Decorative metal tin - really tried to find a use for it, but it's a little too deep and not really big enough for anything.

Yarn used - 5 balls

Best wishes to everyone :)
  • tboo
    tboo Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ceramic piggy bank to the CS
    Large glass fruit bowl to CS
    small wicker bowl to CS
    a pink lanyard to CS
    metal pen holder to CS
    mobile phone cover to CS