* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Well my wrapping is almost complete! Since the weather has been so yuk today I decided to crack on with it. I have three hampers to wrap but need other half's help with those as I am rubbish at cello wrapping on my own :rotfl:

I ordered two of my last presents this morning and just need to get a nice selection box to finish other half's present and one more gift for my dad now.

I got to the stage though where my tags ended up not matching my paper. Knew I didn't have enough tags to match but didn't want to try and find some that did when I had a box full of tags sitting doing nothing so they will just have to be mismatched :rotfl:

Hopefully haven't forgotten anything/anyone but it's so nice to be almost done
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    Hiya all
    I’m still buying :eek: after I sw

I ordered some tea from OH from Ireland after he dropped a hint about loose tea :D I’ve also got him some Irish teabags. He’s now going to have enough tea/coffee to last him the rest of the year :rotfl: However not a drop will go to waste, he will use it all. At the last count he’s got- a giant box of Bewley’s normal teabags from my mum, a smaller box of Bewley’s Dublin morning tea from me, a bag of Bewley’s loose tea from me, a bag of Bewley’s ground coffee from me, a jar of Bewley’s instant coffee from my mum, a bag of Ringtons Northumbrian tea from me, 2 boxes of Whittards Earl Grey teabags from me and 3 boxes of Fortnum and Masons Irish breakfast tea from me (OH is part Irish- is it that obvious :D)

Got to say, not a great tea drinker, but being Irish, Bewley's is definitely the best!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Happy Birthday MRSINVIS hope you’ve had a fabulous day :bdaycake:
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome to the group LYKKELIG. I’ve bought a wooden advent calendar this year too, I’m halfway through de orating it but have absolutely no idea who I’ll do it for or what I’ll put in it. I might do it with cat treats for my two little kittens as it’ll be their first Christmas.

BESHKI sorry I’m no help, I’ve not bought from Superdry. I think lots of people are facing the same dilemma with buying from other companies too. If you buy something now and it’s cheaper on Black Friday you could buy it again and return the first one.

STOKIE I’m the same, I like my tags to match but can’t bear to waste what I’ve already got. At least now we’re not being tight or obsessive, we’re being eco:D

REDREDROBIN I’m very envious of your Christmas markets trip. Chocolate covered strawberries yum.

MANDCO I’m a regular Amazon buyer but when it’s a marketplace seller it’s all down to how good they are. It could be that the dispatch notice was an automated response and they just haven’t taken the add down yet. On the plus side, Amazon are good about stepping in if you have a problem.

JOYFULLYFESTIVE could you post on your blog more often please, ideally daily, I need my Christmas fix more often:D

Well I’m almost done on the pressie front and I’ve bought the honeycomb balls for the ceiling so I’m more or less there with the decs too. Just got to sort out the Christmas Day menu now.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Beshki wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Superdry do anything for Black Friday? Wondering whether to wait it out for the items I need.

I would be surprised if they didn't but what the offers may be I have no idea.

I have a list of items I'm waiting for BF for now to see if anything is in the sales.

Batteries for 3 kids lights arrived this week so put those in today, nothing worse for the parents than scrabbling about for batteries or those teeny screwdrivers to open the battery compartments with on Xmas day, so they are ready to be wrapped.

I have a few people I need something little to go with their gift for but I will have an opportunity to visit an Xmas market in Dec so going to see if I see anything there.

DM is largely sorted as we're off to the theatre with DN before Xmas (DN doesn't know yet) so that's DM main Xmas present sorted, and DN getting a good Xmas indeed (will do something similar in a couple of years with DN younger sister)

I am totally stumped for OH though, he doesn't really need new clothes and doesn't have any specific hobbies as such where I could buy him something. I'm afraid to arrange something to do as I did a special day for his bday a few years ago and he hated it, so I vowed never again. To top it off. His bday is a month after Xmas. Answers on a postcard gratefully accepted.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• girlinayellowdress
    Options
    Hi, getting back into Christmas. We were not going to get into it after mother's diagnosis but situation has altered.
    Realised the tree and decs are on the far side of the loft and I really cannot be bothered to climb up there. So we have got cinnamon sticks, oranges to slice and dry out, hemp a glue gun and will go hunting for cones, holly and greenery closer to the time. Only purchase was some lights. Should keep us busy.
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Mrs Invis- HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I hope you've been thoroughly spoiled xx
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • lykkelig
    lykkelig Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome peppapig. :)

I now have a box on top of my wardrobe that will be a secret hamper of food for my family. The plan is to squirrel nice things away and then on the night the teenagers break up from school they can open it, dig in and get excited. My Mum used to buy ready made hampers and I remember the excitement but I also remember the tinned ham! No tinned ham in mine. :D

I'm going to get wire edged ribbon today. Its for the tree. I meandered ribbon through last year but it would benefit from more ribbon this year.
    2020 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 4/66 coupons spent
    2020 Frugal Living Challenge
  • aimeemum
    aimeemum Posts: 687 Forumite
    Options
    lykkelig wrote: »
    Thank you for the welcome peppapig. :)

I now have a box on top of my wardrobe that will be a secret hamper of food for my family. The plan is to squirrel nice things away and then on the night the teenagers break up from school they can open it, dig in and get excited. My Mum used to buy ready made hampers and I remember the excitement but I also remember the tinned ham! No tinned ham in mine. :D

I'm going to get wire edged ribbon today. Its for the tree. I meandered ribbon through last year but it would benefit from more ribbon this year.

Even worse than the tinned ham, the tinned chicken!! :rotfl:

I do this in a way. I stash away lots of goodies in the run up and then on the 1st day of the holidays the cupboards are magically full of goodies! :D We also do a 'north pole breakfast' on the first morning of the hols with cakes and chocolate coins and milkshake for breakfast. My kids are only little (10, 7 and 6) but I have a feeling that they'll be in their teens and insisting on strawberry milkshake with a curly straw lol :rotfl:
    Changing my Family's Future!! - Starting again!!!!
    Current Progress -
    Debt - Start date 31/8/22 = £7,252.78
    Savings 31/8/22 - £0
    plus £1000 EF - £0/£1000 = 0%
  • lykkelig
    lykkelig Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    aimeemum wrote: »
    Even worse than the tinned ham, the tinned chicken!! :rotfl:

I do this in a way. I stash away lots of goodies in the run up and then on the 1st day of the holidays the cupboards are magically full of goodies! :D We also do a 'north pole breakfast' on the first morning of the hols with cakes and chocolate coins and milkshake for breakfast. My kids are only little (10, 7 and 6) but I have a feeling that they'll be in their teens and insisting on strawberry milkshake with a curly straw lol :rotfl:

You have just initiated a bad memory. :rotfl: My teenagers are still as they were when they were three aimeemum. They lap up memories and hold us to account if we forget a tiny detail.
    2020 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 4/66 coupons spent
    2020 Frugal Living Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family