* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• Hancocks871
    Options
    No idea where I’m up to now! I need to get my presents out from their stashes and do an inventory. I’ve just been shoving stuff in the back of my wardrobe.
    Bought a Captain America and Teenage mutant ninja turtle figure for DS1 yesterday £2 each, I was made up.
  • Hancocks871
    Options
    Has anyone else seen that infographic thing about ethical chocolate? One of the most ethical places is Lidl- so I know where I’m going for the Christmas chocs!
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Has anyone else seen that infographic thing about ethical chocolate? One of the most ethical places is Lidl- so I know where I’m going for the Christmas chocs!

I haven't, but their cheap chocolate in the white packaging is fab for baking. Everyone comments how nice things are that I make using that.

Just ordered Xmas dinner, 15% off this weekend only. The only thing I need to get is potatoes for roasties as I make my own, bread sauce and cranberry sauce (not sure why I didn't order that with my order).
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Where did you order from KERRI?
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • kerri_gt
    Options
    Peppapig wrote: »
    Where did you order from KERRI?

Www.cookfood.net

You can get 15% off if you order online and collect from your local store before 24th Nov, or it's 15% off in store this weekend.

Have always found their food to be real tasty, and it's great knowing it's all done and dusted. Just a couple of minor bits to pick up from the supermarket.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• alja
    alja Posts: 838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend!

I've just gone through a few presents to check what's left to buy, feeling a tad more organised now. I know exactly what to get now to finish off my friends' presents.

OH said he's going to give me a few ideas for him this evening, which should make finishing off his presents easier. We're sticking to a £25 budget for each other again this year.

Just need a few more ideas for OH's mum and my dad especially... why are guys so much harder to buy for!?!?

aimeemum - I absolutely love your "north pole breakfast" idea! I don't have kids myself just yet, but I'd love to do something like that when the time comes... how fun! :)
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 November 2019 at 2:47PM
    Options
    I find men & teen boys are the hardest to buy for there are some exceptions but they are usually the ones I struggle with most.
    middle Ds is proving by far the hardest this year as even he can't think of anything much he really wants. He's asked for 1 game and some top ups.

Need to sort out my xmas day survival box and make sure everything is in there as I discovered today I've run out of AAA batteries - not quite sure how that happened but guessing the kids had something to do with it - they are terrible at telling me when things run out.

Matalan have 3 for 2 on gifts & wrapping

Dates and locations for the Coke Cola truck have been released Bit disappointed as its not local again this year so not sure if we'll see it.

Hoping the game ds has asked for is in stock tomorrow for double up as it was oos all last week - they did this last year and all the popular ones were really hard to find in stock while the promo was on.

Anyone else get a spend & earn offer in the post? I got a voucher for 600 bonus points on my next shop and if I spend 2000 points or more in store during dec I can get 300 bonus points per day every day I shop in January :eek: Whats the betting that local stores are excluded.
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • kerri_gt
    Options
    No spend and earn here ATM.

I did pick up our Xmas dinner today though so that's now nicely tucked away on a shelf in the freezer (making the rest of the space a little limited though and not quite organised in the way I like)

Started writing Xmas cards today, it's my least fav part of Christmas prep tbh, largely because I never think my handwriting is neat enough. In fact, the envelopes always look the neatest part lol! Got about 12 done so 1/3 of the way there.

Might try and wrap a couple more presents tomorrow then that's them mainly done I think bar embellishments and tags and those I haven't bought yet...obv. Would like everything I can have done completed by 1st Dec.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• alja
    alja Posts: 838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I ordered vouchers for the Nectar double up, but yet to receive them which is a bit annoying as it starts tomorrow... hopefully they'll turn up in the post tomorrow! I haven't got the spend and earn thing... would be nice if that turned up too though :)

Today I picked up the last bits for my friends' presents, so they're done now. So pleased.

I also got 3 books for mum in The Works from their 3 for £5 book offer, I always pick 3 up for her from there each year.

I'm hoping M+S does some kind of offer on their beauty sets soon... I always buy quite a few of those for my parents, but there's no 3 for 2 right now... hoping they do the 50% off weeks again where they do a different range on offer each week etc. It seems a bit different out there promotions wise this year e.g. Boots on 25% off instead of 3 for 2...
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all
    Just a quick heads up- Debenhams have some great deals on at the moment. I got 2 x pairs of pyjamas for OH (short sleeve top, long legged bottoms) should have been £50 (together) I paid £20 (in total) they also had some gift experiences with significant reductions as well. :)
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure