* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Happy belated birthday Peppa. Glad you had a good day.

Thanks Murie for the yankee link. I ordered one when I saw the link and got email today saying will be delivered Monday so that's quite quick really.

I need to order one gift card and one experience voucher then am done I think. Trying to leave them a bit longer so they have longer to be used

I don't think I will have enough tags to match my paper so next mission will be to find some to match. Went to Sainsbury's hoping they may have some lines the same as last year in the wrapping section but nothing matched.

Can't believe we are in November now. This year has flown.
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • Hancocks871
    Options
    I think today might be Christmas present inventory day! Making a list and checking it twice 😁
    I’ve sent the boy’s things to get me lists out but must admit I keep adding to them 🙈 but I let DS1 choose some Lego in the local toy shop the other day because I know he’d be sad if he didn’t get any (does anyone else have photos of random toys on their phone or is that just me?) 🤣
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 2 November 2019 at 9:21PM
    Options
    The awful weather today put pay to my trip to the big home bargains but I did manage to get to the smaller one. Pretty small selection of xmas stuff in that one at the moment and nothing much grabbed my attention but did manage to get some gingerbread candles and some hot chocolate syrups.

Had an email to say something I wanted was back in stock so got that ordered it was discounted too so ended up adding a game for taz to make up the click & collect minimum as it worked out the same price doing that as it would have been just getting the 1 item and paying for home delivery.

Need to do a full xmas decoration inventory this week and see what if anything I need-I think I have most things but I would like to get a wicker tree skirt as I have to weigh down the tree to stop the cat knocking it over.

Still can't decide whether to book dinner out xmas eve or not? The couple of places we usually use have set menus this year and the choices are pretty poor so I kind of feel it would be a waste of money and not sure taz would cope with trying somewhere new so might be easier to eat in but I was looking forward to going out.

Primark have some elf on the shelf themed bits including a fleece blanket
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • alja
    alja Posts: 838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I went shopping with my friend yesterday and managed to pick up a few bits. Poundland have little round storage baskets, which are perfect for mini hampers, so I bought one of those for my OH's mum to do a hamper for her. I also picked up some Lotus Biscoff spread in there, slightly smaller jar than usual but fine for the hamper and for her to try it out :)

I also got her some mini bottles of wine from M+S to go in the hamper too, I've actually decided in the last few weeks to go vegan, but if anyone is shopping for anyone who is or you are yourself, the M+S wines are brilliant at stating which ones are suitable. Hope that's helpful!

I think I might make a gift inventory today too! I do have a spreadsheet with everything on, but sometimes it's good to look at everything visually. Going to check how much wrapping paper I have too, I definitely have a few rolls left, but will pick up some more brown paper (switching to that instead to make things easier to recycle etc) if I need any more!

Has anyone started listening to Christmas music or watching Christmas films yet? I'd love to play some Christmas music... but with OH around, I just know I'd get a few sarky comments! Haha! :)
  • Skibunny40
    Options
    I swapped to my Christmas CDs for playing in the car on Friday! Don't tend to play music if I've got anyone else in the car, so this is my little secret Christmas early indulgence!!
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    ALJA I’ve been watching Christmas films since the beginning of October. :D
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Treasurequeen
    Options
    Belated birthday wishes Peppa x
  • aimeemum
    aimeemum Posts: 687 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Heart Xmas has appeared on my DAB! I'm so flippin' excited! I don't have the radio on unless I'm alone in the house so like Skibunny it's my secret! :D I have also watched a couple of films already - channel 5 have them on at the weekend and if hubby is at work they get put on! :D
    Changing my Family's Future!! - Starting again!!!!
    Current Progress -
    Debt - Start date 31/8/22 = £7,252.78
    Savings 31/8/22 - £0
    plus £1000 EF - £0/£1000 = 0%
  • alja
    alja Posts: 838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I love that you're all watching and listening to all the Christmassy stuff already! I played Christmas songs yesterday! ...but I might see if I can get a CD for the car too! Might pop to the charity shops at the weekend and see if I can find anything...

Me and OH went out yesterday afternoon and managed to tick off a few more presents. A play BBQ for our niece, OH got some wines and chocolates to give to my parents (we give separate gifts as we each still spend the day with our respective families), I got some ruby port for dad - from Waitrose as he loved the one from there last year, I also got my dad some ales from there as well, a liqueur for OH's nan... we probably got some other bits too, but can't remember! It was a successful trip that's for sure...

I collected my M+S order today, got my mum a body scrub/shower scrub that she wanted.

On a separate note... I accepted an offer on my flat today, so it looks like we'll be out shortly after Christmas I would think! Huge change, but me and OH do eventually want to find a home to buy together. We're yet to find something ideal, but we're going to rent for a while before buying. At least we'll be able to get moving whenever we find something, and this flat has caused me a bit of stress over the years for various reasons (neighbours/other issues). So a fresh start is needed! Quite excited for the new adventure :)
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    No more Xmas prep here, getting a bit worried as nothing about their usual 15% off with Cook! On their site yet, I rely on that for our Xmas dinner.

In other news the carp year continues, the rubbish insurers are still rejecting our claim (for damage caused by the same incident our neighbours insurers had paid out within two weeks for) their logic basically being that our damage isn't enough for them to be sure it's because of the incident, despite the fact everything was working fine before the incident, and directly after...it wasn't. :mad: evidently it would have been better had the whole house blown up. So, the case has gone to their customer relations team, then after that if I need to (which I fully expect I will) its the FOS.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family