Boots Sale

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    And some are daft enough to pay Boots' prices - I gave the sale a miss this year as there wasn't anything I wanted or needed even with 70% off. I had a quick look today when I was picking up an online order and there were still loads of those Kardashian lips things and some cheap looking shell shaped soap & hand cream dispenser sets left. The shell shaped things had been £12 or £12.50 at full price and even at £3.60 ish they look cheap and overpriced. To me they look like they should be in a Poundshop - they look as though they are worth a quid and no more. Someone posted that they got all the star gifts - my locals haven't had any of them in for weeks so she was really lucky IMO.

I guess there's some who can't get to stores so will pay the prices on fleabay.
    I think the shell shaped things are aimed at all this mermaid stuff? Perhaps? Not sure if I saw them but if I did, they obviously made no impression.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    And some are daft enough to pay Boots' prices - I gave the sale a miss this year as there wasn't anything I wanted or needed even with 70% off. I had a quick look today when I was picking up an online order and there were still loads of those Kardashian lips things and some cheap looking shell shaped soap & hand cream dispenser sets left. The shell shaped things had been £12 or £12.50 at full price and even at £3.60 ish they look cheap and overpriced. To me they look like they should be in a Poundshop - they look as though they are worth a quid and no more. Someone posted that they got all the star gifts - my locals haven't had any of them in for weeks so she was really lucky IMO.

do I remember correctly that you are near Durham? I gave the sale a miss this year too and was going to do after work about 1.30 but the snow put me off and I have to say I haven't missed going!
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • catswiththumbs
    Options
    bunbun2 wrote: »
    do I remember correctly that you are near Durham? I gave the sale a miss this year too and was going to do after work about 1.30 but the snow put me off and I have to say I haven't missed going!

Yes - Durham stores are my locals.
  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes - Durham stores are my locals.

so I didn't miss much then?!!
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    And some are daft enough to pay Boots' prices - I gave the sale a miss this year as there wasn't anything I wanted or needed even with 70% off. I had a quick look today when I was picking up an online order and there were still loads of those Kardashian lips things and some cheap looking shell shaped soap & hand cream dispenser sets left. The shell shaped things had been £12 or £12.50 at full price and even at £3.60 ish they look cheap and overpriced. To me they look like they should be in a Poundshop - they look as though they are worth a quid and no more.

This is exactly my point. Just because Boots have put a price sticker on it that says £12, doesn't make it worth £12. So at £3.60 after 70% off, it's still not this amazing bargain that some shoppers are still making out! Yes it's a 70% discount but it's still 70% off a ridiculously over inflated price in the first place. I used to say things like "I got £200 worth of stuff in the sale for only £50" but in reality it was never actually worth £200.
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    DUKE wrote: »
    I went to my local yesterday & got quite excited as I saw the long queue of customers armed with boxes :eek: It was the make up. I couldn't really see anything I fancied as there was no Sanctuary or Soap & Glory, but I double checked & found Champneys Spa Mini Gift Sets, in the tins, I have a thing for tins :D Also I got some Star Cookies. Very pleased with myself, thanks op.

I also have a thing for tins :D
    Try to avoid the impractical ones such as the star shaped ones though.
    I would like to see Boots cutting back on the plastic next year and having more tins or just cardboard packaging with cardboard inner trays too!
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Options
    cagsd wrote: »
    This is exactly my point. Just because Boots have put a price sticker on it that says £12, doesn't make it worth £12. So at £3.60 after 70% off, it's still not this amazing bargain that some shoppers are still making out! Yes it's a 70% discount but it's still 70% off a ridiculously over inflated price in the first place. I used to say things like "I got £200 worth of stuff in the sale for only £50" but in reality it was never actually worth £200.

But some people believe all the RRP nonsense.......they honestly believe the 75% off their Boots/Sports Direct/Debenhams order is genuine :rotfl:
  • Africat
    Options
    gardner1 wrote: »
    But some people believe all the RRP nonsense.......they honestly believe the 75% off their Boots/Sports Direct/Debenhams order is genuine :rotfl:

I like to think of it as waiting and paying what it's actually worth :rotfl:
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Africat wrote: »
    I like to think of it as waiting and paying what it's actually worth :rotfl:

But that's exactly what I mean... The sale price is pretty much what they're worth, not a bargain!
  • Africat
    Options
    cagsd wrote: »
    But that's exactly what I mean... The sale price is pretty much what they're worth, not a bargain!

Yeah. Some of the tat is barely worth the 70% price either, lol :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport