*sigh* this may take a while

edited 19 September 2020 at 9:55PM in Debt Free Diaries
1K replies 95.2K views

Replies

• savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    14.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are doing so well. It will be lovely too when you get the work done. Glad that you are enjoying your new job.
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £15212 £[email protected] 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 38113/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
  • luciellelucielle Forumite
    8.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pleased the new job is going well.  Bathroom plans sound exciting
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
    14.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad things are going well for you. Lovely to have something to look forward to as well.
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £15212 £[email protected] 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 38113/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
  • OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    4.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi hope you don't mind me commenting,I've read your diary over the last week and really enjoyed it. First of all I can't believe someone complained about your name, I would changed the word to poo 😀and speaking as someone else who works for the NHS I am astounded at how badly your former employer treated you and I don't blame you for leaving, when someone said the whole "this isn't a job it's a vocation" thing to me I relied that that's all well and good but vocations don't pay the bills. I have to say though that my trust have been very good through the whole thing, some staff did offer to cancel AL but were told not to because they would need the time off and that it was important to make sure they all took their allocated time off. My managers have been very good with extra breaks and lots of verbal support in handover every morning. We have also had lots of counselling sessions made available to us from the trust, the chaplaincy and our psych doctor. I do moan about my job sometimes ( HCA so not as far up the food chain as you 😀) but having read how you were treated I'm feeling lucky with where I work 😊
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £3,706 ,Total Now Owed = £13,911.77
    Emergency Fund = £1000 Xmas savings = £111.00
    House Fund = £2,000😊
    Jan NSDs = 12 Feb NSDs = 14 March NSDs= [email protected] 5th
    14.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad your new employer is more people focused... 
  • ohdearhowdidthathappenohdearhowdidthathappen Forumite
    867 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you :smile:
    Kids are all back at school today.  Was lovely for the first hour or so, but now seems eerily quiet!
    We're getting our wills updated tomorrow... long overdue as last time we did them was 15 years ago and guardians/executors that we'd choose have changed!  We were debating doing POA at the same time, but it's mega expensive, so we're holding off for now.
    Debt Dec '18 £45393. Debt free June 2020
    New savings goals: House renovations £0/£15000, FFEF £0/£15000
    Mortgage June 2020: £340K, aim to OP £100 per month minimum.