We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Child & Co.

Options
1235»

Comments

• rymetymeuk
    rymetymeuk Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    IanManc wrote: »
    They have a "Child & Co Bankers" heading and the Fleet Street address in black type and an inch high Marygold symbol in orange. :)

Mine don't have that.

to compare oranges to oranges i'll confirm my situation.

I applied to Reward Black since i make over 100k and they approved me with 10k over draft. It's the blue card, nothing special at all tbh and i called them a few times and had no special service.

i think i'm just a normal RBS customer at this point.
  • rymetymeuk
    rymetymeuk Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    https://ibb.co/GxL7M1J

this is my statement, i just got the account but it's my first statement.
  • wuls
    wuls Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Well that’s not quite true. This is what the sort code checker will tell you today but the history is different. When Child & Co was relaunched in the early 1990s, run by Bernard Gould and Roy French, 158000 was the only sort code. It was a proper private banking brand, with managers assigned, senior managers to the proper rich, a corporate team and a group of RMs on a different floor for the kind-of-rich. All these old customers have the 158000 sort code.

Drummonds never really had the same re-Launch. Yes a rebrand and refurb with the lovely blue cheque book covers post the Holts ‘Merger’ but again Child’s was the RBS brand private bank. 160038 again was the sort code. All the old money would have that still today.
  • Marchitiello
    Marchitiello Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, Drummonds use the old style RBS blue debit card and have “Drummonds Private Banking” written in the top right hand corner. They are only available to the very wealthy clients.

You are correct about the look of the card but actually they issue those to basic account holders as first issue card (I know someone that has that card). Once Account is upgraded to a full current account, the card is replaced
  • Marchitiello
    Marchitiello Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Basically, I believe that if you open an account in the Drummonds Branch, with one of the personal banker, they can order the basic (not offline) Drummonds branded card. I know a young waiter that has just received that card by doing the above, and she was told that in 6 months, if she managed the account well, she would receive a “normal” RBS offline card
  • superM
    superM Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

So if I apply through RBS website and use one of the sort codes below, will I get Child or Drummond debit card?

* Messrs. Drummond Personal Banking: 16-00-38
    * Child & Co. Personal Banking: 15-80-00

Can someone share a picture of the cards?

Thanks
  • BlueHorizonUK
    Options
    rymetymeuk wrote: »
    https://ibb.co/GxL7M1J

this is my statement, i just got the account but it's my first statement.

The online statement is like this. Standard RBS one.

Postal one is different and has all the Child & Co branding on it and comes from RBS Private.
  • BlueHorizonUK
    Options
    superM wrote: »
    Hi,

So if I apply through RBS website and use one of the sort codes below, will I get Child or Drummond debit card?

* Messrs. Drummond Personal Banking: 16-00-38
    * Child & Co. Personal Banking: 15-80-00

Can someone share a picture of the cards?

Thanks

Child & Co is the only one that has separate card branding as seen above.

Drummond is a standard RBS card with no branding.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport