Child & Co.

Options
Having read previous posts here about the illustrious but seemingly unreachable Child & Co RBS Account, I've been trying to get my hands on one to no avail. Wondered if anyone has succeeded in recent times? (other than lottery winners and bond billionaires!)

What I know doesn't work:
- Branch selector on RBS Website (Fleet Street branch was withdrawn from general list in 2016, then the whole branch selector mechanism was withdrawn sometime this year!)
- Changing the sort code on returned forms (RBS said this would work, but it did not)
- Phoning up and applying for a new account, I was just honest and said I wanted the fancy debit card, the unusual sort code (15-80-00) prompted the handler to check with the manager, I was told while it may be physically possible to select the branch, his manager barred him from doing so.

The only other option left is go into branch! But what will they say if you ask to open an account, anyone had experience with this?

I know you can still get standard RBS Select accounts with Child, its the how that confounds me!

Regards,
Oliver

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why do you want one, other than as a vanity project?
  • br0llz
    br0llz Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    As a vanity project really
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    br0llz wrote: »
    As a vanity project really

Honest at least, even if it is a bit daft!
  • ffacoffipawb
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    Honest at least, even if it is a bit daft!

Thats why I got one. Upgraded to reward so worthwhile for me. Childs debit card and chequebook.

Also got a Drummonds one too. That has an RBS debit card but a Drummonds large chequebook.
  • br0llz
    Options
    How were you able to get one? I've got an appointment in branch on Friday. Not sure how likely I am to succeed!
  • ffacoffipawb
    Options
    br0llz wrote: »
    How were you able to get one? I've got an appointment in branch on Friday. Not sure how likely I am to succeed!

Applied on line. Had both for over 2 years so they may no longer be available.

Neither are my main account.
  • mrandrewsmith
    Options
    I was able to get one of the Child & Co accounts by simply putting the branch / sort code as 15-80-00 during the application. Received a fully branded Child & Co debit card and posh looking cheque book. Not sure why this is not working for you but this is all I did. Notice when I've had to speak to RBS on the phone they seem to be a lot nicer than the regular call centre so not sure if this is a co-incidence or if you are getting put through to a special customer service team? Was gonna switch out but given the RBS app has been updated recently to include pending transactions I have no real reason to leave.
  • br0llz
    Options
    When did you do this application? I cant seem to find branch selector/ or sort code selector on the application anymore.
  • mrandrewsmith
    Options
    This was done in November.
  • br0llz
    Options
    Branch selection must have been taken out very recently then
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing