We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Child & Co.

Options

Comments

• rainbowskies
    Options
    No, branch selector is definitely there. Because I’ve just applied and I choose the Fleet Street branch. Branch selector pops up in another window. Do you have a pop up blocker, by any chance?

Anyway, application submitted. I shall report back! :D
    EMERGENCY FUND £1644.03 / £3000 (55% SAVED)
    CAR FUND £1200 / £1200 (100% SAVED)
  • br0llz
    br0llz Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Ah so when did it pop up for you?
  • rainbowskies
    Options
    It was after I had entered my personal details but before account details (do you want an overdraft? Are you switching? Etc) It asked me what branch I wanted so I selected Fleet Street.

Got an email today to post a pic of my ID and provide a e signature.
  • br0llz
    br0llz Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to Rainbowskies for helping me figure this out. If you’re an existing RBS Customer you can’t branch select, even if you use cao internal or external.

If you already have an RBS sort code associated with the name in which you hope to open the account you’re SOL.
  • rainbowskies
    Options
    Ah, that makes sense! The system would automatically assign the same branch to existing customers. I’m new to RBS which is why I was allowed to choose which branch I wanted.
  • ffacoffipawb
    Options
    Ah, that makes sense! The system would automatically assign the same branch to existing customers. I’m new to RBS which is why I was allowed to choose which branch I wanted.

Doesnt explain why I as able to get a Childs account and a few months later (as an existing customer) get a Drummonds one. Two different branches of RBS.

Both accounts serviceable from the same online banking logon.

Drummonds is 16-00-38
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    Does anyone have a picture of this 'fancy debit card' I am intrigued!
  • ffacoffipawb
    Options
    Does anyone have a picture of this 'fancy debit card' I am intrigued!

See

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71586482&postcount=144

Cards are dark blue, previously gold.
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    OOh, that is quite nice, I am tempted!!
  • rainbowskies
    rainbowskies Posts: 129 Forumite
    edited 22 December 2018 at 1:45PM
    Options
    Finally got my docs uploaded. Bit of a faff but my fault as I couldn’t find my drivers license! :o Before I pressed submit, there was a message confirming that I was opening my account at a Child & Co. branch. We’ll see what arrives in the post. ;)

OP, did your branch appointment go well?

Also, from what I understand, Child and Co. have two types of customers. Private and Personal. For those who don't meet the account criteria, will be put into the personal customer bracket. So it will be a bog standard RBS account but with a Child and Co. branded card thanks to the selected branch. This is what I've been able to piece together from older posts on this forum.

Hadn't even heard of Child and Co. before I saw this post but now I'm curious as to what I get and whether this works.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family