We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Child & Co.

Options

Comments

• Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

So much like any other card then!
    Stompa
  • unmonied
    Options
    Doesnt explain why I as able to get a Childs account and a few months later (as an existing customer) get a Drummonds one. Two different branches of RBS.

Both accounts serviceable from the same online banking logon.

Drummonds is 16-00-38

Does Drummonds have their own branded cards or do they come up as a RBS card?
  • br0llz
    br0llz Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Branch appointment went well, account is now open with a C&C branded card on its way.

Spotted the following options on the screen when we came to deciding my debit card:

- Drummonds RBS Debit
    - RBS Debit (Full Auth)
    - RBS Offline [this would be an RBS branded card with no contactless facility]
    - RBS (CP Offline) [not sure what this is?]

The advisor I was with said the C&C card will be dispatched to me even though we selected RBS Debit (Full Auth) since any account at 158000 gets one unless they are ineligible for Full Auth or select a Drummonds branded card.

Excitingly it should also be a C&C card without embossed numerals which will be nice to see, shall post a pic in any eventuality
  • rainbowskies
    Options
    Ah, good to hear account is opened and card on the way, Br0llz!

I shall do an update when I find out the outcome of mine!
    EMERGENCY FUND £1644.03 / £3000 (55% SAVED)
    CAR FUND £1200 / £1200 (100% SAVED)
  • rainbowskies
    Options
    Update: received email confirming my account is open. Will let everyone know what card I get. Should take a few days or so. But for now, festivities!

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays!
  • unmonied
    Options
    Doesnt explain why I as able to get a Childs account and a few months later (as an existing customer) get a Drummonds one. Two different branches of RBS.

Both accounts serviceable from the same online banking logon.

Drummonds is 16-00-38

When you got your Drummonds account, did you get a Drummonds debit card as well or a standard RBS Select one?

How does it look like?
  • ffacoffipawb
    Options
    unmonied wrote: »
    When you got your Drummonds account, did you get a Drummonds debit card as well or a standard RBS Select one?

How does it look like?

Childs = Childs chequebook and Childs debit card

Drummonds = Drummonds chequebook but an RBS debit card
  • rainbowskies
    Options
    Got my card and welcome pack today and I can confirm that it’s a Child’s branded card. The letters and stuff came from ‘RBS Private’.

Natwest/RBS have started doing the new unembossed cards. I know this because I had to order a new card for my Natwest account and they sent one of their new ones (without the bumpy numbers) with a leaflet explaining that the new design should last longer and that it works exactly the same as my old bumpy numbered card.

The Child’s branded card is exactly the same. Smooth and flat, no bumpy!

So for anyone interested, to get the card, I applied online and selected Fleet Street as my branch. I got paperwork to check over and sign a few days later and it did name my branch as a ‘Child’s branch’ which was a nice confirmation.

If anyone wants to see a pic, let me know how I can actually post a pic. Thanks!
  • unmonied
    unmonied Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone have a proper private banking account with them (instead of a Select RBS account)?

Wouldn’t be surprised if the new blue card was for Select customers and the old gold one for private.
  • Marchitiello
    Marchitiello Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    unmonied wrote: »
    Does anyone have a proper private banking account with them (instead of a Select RBS account)?

Wouldn’t be surprised if the new blue card was for Select customers and the old gold one for private.

The gold card is simply no more. I have both C&C and Drummonds Accounts, only Child’s come with branded card. I used the Drummonds’ branch for some months almost everyday as I was setting up a business nearby and was told by the branch staff that they further branding works had been suspended because of some internal reviews. I was led to believe that proper Drummonds private clients, which are managed by a shared team with also Coutts involved, do have a Drummonds Card
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport