I think i need a diary

Options

Comments

• NeverendingDMP
    NeverendingDMP Posts: 1,771 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thankyou jwil.

Nothings ever simple. The revised bill covers my electric from when i signed up to now but still lists the economy rate not the single tariff charge they said i am meant to be on. Ive been in contact to query it so The bill is being recalled and reissued with the correct charge. What a palaver. What about people who cant read, dont understand, darent open letters. Im confused and its my bill.
    My new bill should be viewable online in 48 hours. Watch this space folks....
    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213 - March 24 15.5k
    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Dec 23- just under 69k
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    Gas and electric bills ongoing. Not yet heard from ombudsman and dh has spent up apparently with 16 days till payday. I havent asked any further but we did have a row about littles going to school thing this week at a cost of 3 pounds each. They can go i have the money set aside. He spends all his spare cash on beer....
    My finances are v tight due to increased d debit for gas and electric so have a 10 hr shift this weekend to pay the difference and top up my account. Its somewhere new so i hope its okay.
  • NeverendingDMP
    edited 9 July 2019 at 11:26AM
    Options
    My dmp payments are up for review in sept but childcare goes up in sept to so im considering completing it a month early to get ahead.
    2 adults 3 kids 2 cars.
    Do you think the following amounts are reasonable to put on my income and expenditure forms. Ie wont get rejected. All costs are monthly.
    I stupidly didnt keep a copy of the last one i sent....ive increased some as im trying to afford my dmp payment unlike when i first started and had no money left to even cover the basics.
    Car breakfown 14 pcm petrol 150 dh 110 me
    car insurance 85 pcm tv/phone/int 39 pcm
    Clothes inc uniforms and shoes 110
    Food inc dinners toiletries 600
    Entertainment 70 pcm
    School snack/milk contribution 15
    School trips/swim lesson contribution 18
    Dentist/optician 28 i wear glasses
    Energency/house repairs 25. Ive bever put this in before? Is it allowed
    Xmas/b days 55
    Haircuts 35
    Mobiles x2 45.
    Other things ie mgage etc are more set so ive not out on here.
    This would halve my dmp payment. Childcare is going up so thats part if but i wondered what any of you thought of the above figures as a long term budget.
    Thanks all
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    My thoughts.
    Food is too high.
    Clothes and uniform seem high to me.
    As are Christmas costs.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    Thanks. Ive been trying to remember what i put last time and what was accepted. I think i had 550 for food before and 90 for clothing. These figures might be a bit too cheeky/high so can adjust them. Xmas is the one i set aside/spend even more than i write and have to absorb elsewhere. Really should have kept those copies from my earlier stepchange era eh... adult close family has agreed a secret santa this year so that will save a bit too.
    Food ive been trying to work to 100 a week so i can save but have found it harder of late and am struggling to stay under 120 if im honest.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,879 Forumite
    Options
    Can't you ask stepchange (or whoever you use) for advice? They probably have a copy of your previous expenses, and their job is to make sure that you have enough to live on, as well as paying your debts. They must come across this type of problem on a regular basis,so should be worth asking. X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,337 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Use the stepchange or nedcab websites with your budget, I think they both highlight where a budget is too high. Make use of all the categories as well.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    Thanks all. I managed to find the stepchange budget planner that gives the guidance figures. Some were quite high..ive gone for a happy medium.
    My electric and gas bill has been re-recaluculated. Im now 9 pounds in debit as opposed to 98 in debit as of this monday just gone. The charges have been corrected and im now being charged the correct rate.
    Check your bills folks you never know...
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on the utilities bill.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,337 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Great news about the bill :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income