IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BW Legal NCP Claim Form Received

Options

Comments

• TheClubParkingMan
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    While you place a physical copy with the court, you send an electronic file attached to an email to the claimant’s solicitors. Getting them their copy is easier than getting a (paper) copy to the court.

So I can't place the physical copy with the court, however I have their email address. The court is closed tomorrow, and I couldn't finish work early today either.

I also need to post a new witness statement draft, as I checked my Google Timeline and that wasn't the day I used it to go to the toilet, I actually went there to pickup a friend. I actually went to pay but the machine didn't accept my reg, then after he got out of work, I attempted again at the end and hesitated because I didn't know if it would cover the hour I had already stayed.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Throughout here you are urged to remain anonymous and not reveal who was driving

You need to remove the links to your image hosting site (full name), edit your name out of your posts, pm beamerguy to edit the link to your hosting and edit your posts to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use posts in your thread sgainst you in Court!
  • TheClubParkingMan
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Throughout here you are urged to remain anonymous and not reveal who was driving

You need to remove the links to your image hosting site (full name), edit your name out of your posts, pm beamerguy to edit the link to your hosting and edit your posts to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use posts in your thread sgainst you in Court!

I haven't denied I was the driver in my defence either, also there's no way I can go down the path of that can I?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Your defence had ref to pofa??

Much better to be anonymous!! But you have inadvertently revealed who you are which is easily resolved (if you follow the advice)
  • TheClubParkingMan
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Your defence had ref to pofa??

Much better to be anonymous!! But you have inadvertently revealed who you are which is easily resolved (if you follow the advice)

I'll fix it all soon, I'm not too sure about what's to do now. I'm in a position to pay it and I'm stressing my head off now.

I just want it over with now
    Not to mention I'm gonna have to send in my witness statement via email to both the claimant and the Court
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you get it filed & served? Don't pay.

Submit the WS & evidence on Monday if need be, a little late.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • TheClubParkingMan
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Did you get it filed & served? Don't pay.

Submit the WS & evidence on Monday if need be, a little late.

I haven't yet got it submitted, however I'll get it done.

Here is the draft of the WS, as always, i'll mention I'm new to this.
    I'm gonna go search the forum throughly now aswell as i've got the time.
    Witness Statement

1. I, [] am the Defendant of this claim. The facts of this statement come from my personal knowledge.
    2. At the time of the contravention, the S, registration [] was registered in my name, which I will be referenced to as the ‘vehicle’.
    3. On the 1[], the vehicle entered Carliol Street Car Park owned and ran by the claimant, the driver then left the vehicle to go pay.
    4. The driver visited the car park to collect a friend from work.
    5. As soon as the driver returned, they attempted to purchase a ticket; however, the driver was hesitant as to whether it would cover the [] minutes already stayed and decided it would be best to appeal through the relevant channels if a PCN was to be issued.
    6. I, the registered keeper did not receive the first notice to driver as per POFA Schedule 4, so never was given this opportunity to contact the claimant.
    7. I, the registered keeper then received a Notice to Keeper on the [date to be entered] which gave me no opportunity to make contact with the claimant only pay.

I believe that the facts stated in this witness statement are true.
  • TheClubParkingMan
    TheClubParkingMan Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 April 2019 at 8:29PM
    Options
    I am now 3 days overdue. I didn't make a reminder, and I am completing tonight.
    What impact will this have? I'm at work full time and haven't had the time or mental capacity to complete this intime. What do I do, i'm going to call the court tomorrow and ask if the fees have been paid, and to find out how I can hand over evidence and WS as I'm not off work until Thursday,

Also I do not have a reliable PC at the moment so attempting to fix my posts for personal information & search the form for information to build knowledge is becoming a struggle, maximum panic. D;
  • TheClubParkingMan
    Options
    Correction to my prior post, I am actually 2 days overdue as I misread the letter. Alot less stressed now.

So, in my case- I've lost my initiative and every time I read my defence I'm wondering what the !!!! my leading point is, how am I defending it? I think my main point is gonna be not receiving the NtD and the small font on the signs. Gathering photos tonight aswell at the same times seen as it's nearing the time of year the alleged contravention took place.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Please get your mojo back and just do it - get it handed in on your day off.

But that WS is very short. It doesn't criticise the signs or the lack of contract and it's not clear if you purchased a ticket or not or what the PCN was all about, and whether you got a windscreen PCN...

Also don't start any sentences with this clunky split infinitive:
    I, the registered keeper
    Please reunite the ''I'' with its verb, as it's horrible to read. Think of the poor Judge who might be a grammar pedant like me!

Now show us a new draft that tells the story a bit clearer, and attached EVIDENCE!

The whole point is - this is your chance to submit evidence (tips are in the NEWBIES thread). You don't just field a little letter.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure