IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BW Legal NCP Claim Form Received

Options

Comments

• TheClubParkingMan
    Options
    How long should it be until I receive a DQ from the CCBC?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,743 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How long should it be until I receive a DQ from the CCBC?
    Well for a start, the Claimant has 28 days after receiving the Defence from the CCBC to consider their options.

No-one knows when the CCBC sent your Defence to the Claimant.

No-one knows when the Claimant is going to respond to the CCBC.

No-one knows what sort of backlog there might be in the CCBC which delays them processing the Claimant's response.

From that you will be able to work out that your question is impossible to answer. :D
  • TheClubParkingMan
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Well for a start, the Claimant has 28 days after receiving the Defence from the CCBC.

No-one knows when the CCBC sent your Defence to the Claimant.

No-one knows when the Claimant is going to respond to the CCBC.

No-one knows what sort of backlog there might be in the CCBC which delays them processing the Claimant's response.

From that you will be able to work out that your question is impossible to answer. :D

Thanks for the response haha, I guess I'll sit tight. I know I got a letter confirmation of my defence being received and they said they were gonna send it to the claimant, so just a waiting game I guess.

• TheClubParkingMan
    Options
    Have just gof confirmation from BWLegal that NCP plans to continue their claim against me.

I'm just waiting for my DQ now I suppose. Terrified to go and defend this haha
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Don't be
    It's quite ordinary. You, their side and a judge in a room
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have just gof confirmation from BWLegal that NCP plans to continue their claim against me.

I'm just waiting for my DQ now I suppose. Terrified to go and defend this haha

Sounds daunting but it really is not.

The courts are aware of the parking scam and more so the dodgy legals they use.

BWLegal tend to send "rent a freshman" types with little knowledge

One of my favourite BWLegal cases is this one.
    https://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/2017/06/ms-devenster-macklow-loses-another.html

The freshman (in this case a lady) failed for BWLegal and the judge asked her to remain in his chambers after she lost.
    We can only imagine waht the judge said ...... probably not good

You can also see more BWLegal failures here ....
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5672664
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,743 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Terrified to go and defend this haha
    Have a look at this short video:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you got any time on weekdays to go and watch one, first?

The Parking Cowboys website (on weekdays only) gives a list of the next day's parking related cases, by court name, and you might find some at your court.

You are free to sit in, if you have time to do this, it might calm you down by making it more familiar.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • TheClubParkingMan
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Have you got any time on weekdays to go and watch one, first?

The Parking Cowboys website (on weekdays only) gives a list of the next day's parking related cases, by court name, and you might find some at your court.

You are free to sit in, if you have time to do this, it might calm you down by making it more familiar.

Definitely, I'll give it a go!

Also BWLegal have contact me, regarding my defence. This is their letter:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZOTZnQUNYSNrsHW19873LFzNOCjjd3Y9

My mum is frightened for me, because of this letter. I'm not sure how to take it.

Thanks! :)
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Standard template stuff - everybody gets one.

The fact they are offering a reduction might suggest that they're not that sure of their ground.

Quoting VCS v Crutchley is a million miles away from a Pay & Display car park, it was about stopping on a road for a few seconds on Liverpool Business Park.

Hold your nerve, they might well be on their way to blinking first.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport