Slipping Through My Fingers

Options

Comments

• Choccygirl123
    Choccygirl123 Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Your son sounds like my girls, but I'd rather them know our plans. My eldest gets my wedding ring and eternity ring and little one gets hubby wedding ring and my engagement. The eldest gets hubby's full size medals and her grabdads minatures and little one gets hubby's minatures and her grandad big ones. It seems harsh but I've seen so many families ripped apart by freuds over wills. At least they know now! With regards to our house told them they're not getting a penny we're going to blow the lot!
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I completely agree CG. We've told them what's theirs and more importantly what not to put on a car boot for 50p :eek: :D Apart from jewellery we have nothing of sentimental value so we've also followed it up with don't be tied down to stuff, if you want to sell it/pass it on etc. they can do.

It sounds like you've got it all sorted and your girls will be getting some very personal things that will mean a lot to them. Your comment about the house made me laugh. Hubby keeps saying, 'will you stop giving our houses away, I want me and you to benefit from it first, the kids can have what's left' :rotfl:

Hope you've had a good day. xx
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    It's nice for the DC to know what you'd like them to have while you're still alive. I have a few bits that my mum gave me before she died and I really treasure those.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • teafor2
    Options
    Evening HHD. Yes, I have some jewellery from my grandparents which is of sentimental value. It also makes it easier knowing what to give who as we've got one of each. xx
  • teafor2
    Options
    Morning Everybody :)

Day 6/30, Prolific £2.50 cleared, £0 Pending. Cash for 1st-7th April £23.50

Not planning on spending anything this weekend so will be able to top the pots up again on Monday, the first time in what seems like ages. Caravan fund will most likely take a big hit over the Easter hols but that's what it's there for.

Weather is lovely here today. I'm itching to buy some bedding plants with the money I've put to one side, but it's too early, I never buy until at least mid May.

Hope you all have a great weekend. xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,617 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your weekend :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I like having bedding plants so I have some flowers in my pots. My Narcissi and Crocuses have gone over, so it's just some Grape Hyacinths and Heather that are still in flower. I'd like to buy some more as it always cheers me up to see some Spring flowers. I noticed bluebells flowering on a roundabout today :).

I hope you have a good week.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    Options
    Have a good week :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• teafor2
    Options
    Evening All - I sound like Dixon of Dock Green :rotfl:

Day 8/30, Prolific £3.05 cleared, £0 pending.

I'm not counting NSD's this month and although the pots have been topped up I'm away from home and can't remember what the totals are so that will have to slide for the time being as well.

I've got my money and caravan money with me and hubby has thrown £20 into the pot. We don't spend much when we're away but I'll be keeping track of everything so I can update when we're back home.

I'll be reading along and keeping up with you all. Hope you all have a lovely week. xx
  • beanielou
    Options
    Giving away your age there:p:rotfl:

Enjoy your break :) xx

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback