Options
12345679»

Comments

• MrsWenger
    MrsWenger Posts: 360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Watty1 said:
    That is out rageous!  I'm on the edge with the tank and bottles. Can never really decide if a tank would be better.  I'm not a fan of the bottles as have to keep checking them.  The tank wins on that but I wonder if the bottles work out cheaper - I use approx 12 to 16 a year
    I agree entirely with your thoughts about bottles being less convenient Watty1 but there are other considerations to take into account with the tank option that may influence whether you can switch. We looked into this with Calor and a tank wouldn’t work for us unless we wanted it sitting in the front garden. There are specific regulations to be taken into account including the distance from a building and the driver being able to clearly see the tank from the lorry when delivering. Our neighbour who has her tanks in the rear garden had them installed before either regulation came in.

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MrsWenger said:
    Watty1 said:
    That is out rageous!  I'm on the edge with the tank and bottles. Can never really decide if a tank would be better.  I'm not a fan of the bottles as have to keep checking them.  The tank wins on that but I wonder if the bottles work out cheaper - I use approx 12 to 16 a year
    I agree entirely with your thoughts about bottles being less convenient Watty1 but there are other considerations to take into account with the tank option that may influence whether you can switch. We looked into this with Calor and a tank wouldn’t work for us unless we wanted it sitting in the front garden. There are specific regulations to be taken into account including the distance from a building and the driver being able to clearly see the tank from the lorry when delivering. Our neighbour who has her tanks in the rear garden had them installed before either regulation came in.

Now that is very helpful because I had wanted to put in the rear garden and that would seem not possible then.  Thank you for the tip.  
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • MrsWenger
    MrsWenger Posts: 360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Watty1 said:
    MrsWenger said:
    Watty1 said:

Now that is very helpful because I had wanted to put in the rear garden and that would seem not possible then.  Thank you for the tip.  
    You are very welcome Watty1. 

Please do check with them yourself just in case the assessor you get has a different train of thought though. The one we had said it is possible in some circumstances for the tank to be underground. That option wouldn’t work for us as not only do we have a landscaped garden but we are on clay soil with a very high water table. If underground would work for you I think it would be worth a site visit. Good luck!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback