New 47kg LPG what are you paying thread

Options

Comments

• drsquirrel
    Options
    Recently enquired at Griffiths' garage in Leintwardine (the one that was in the news with their cheap fuel prices). They're selling for £99.

Other places in town are charging £120+VAT and more!

Anyone considered filling up at an LPG pump?
  • frugalstephen
    Options

Anyone considered filling up at an LPG pump?
    Government regulations won't allow you - HaSAW police would stop it... (though it would be considerably cheaper if it were possible) 
  • drsquirrel
    Options
    I am aware that this goes on though.

Separately to that there are specific canisters (Safefill) which are even partnered with Morrisons that allow it. It's too bad these are only small, and v.expensive.
  • frugalstephen
    Options

Separately to that there are specific canisters (Safefill) which are even partnered with Morrisons that allow it. It's too bad these are only small, and v.expensive.
    At 68p/liter (cost taken from my local garage), I reckon a 47Kg canister would cost about £32 to fill - the gas companies would be up in arms...
  • drsquirrel
    Options

At 68p/liter (cost taken from my local garage), I reckon a 47Kg canister would cost about £32 to fill - the gas companies would be up in arms...
    Ah interesting to know someones LPG pump price. Been looking around but online maps aren't that accurate, suggestions for nearest two are 75p and £1.

I did look around on youtube here and obviously some garages don't seem to care (one even had their own adapter).

47kg is about 94L so £64 at your price.

• frugalstephen
    Options

Ah interesting to know someones LPG pump price. Been looking around but online maps aren't that accurate, suggestions for nearest two are 75p and £1.

I did look around on youtube here and obviously some garages don't seem to care (one even had their own adapter).

47kg is about 94L so £64 at your price.

I use to own an LPG car so out of habit, always check out the price... Your calculation of 47Kg canister price is entirely correct, I shouldn't try watching TV and calculating at the same time LOL
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,940 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    £79.80  for a 47 kg cannister (have 2 delivered at a time)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • collectors
    collectors Posts: 231 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Flogas in Norfolk @ 50P per lt & £60 a year tank charge for 2 years from december 2023. On renewal they wanted 74p per/lt & i told then to get lost & i started to sign with color & flow gas got back in touch & said we will match calor at 50p. 
    That's around £432 cheaper than what they wanted to cheat me out of per 1800lt tank full. 
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,940 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That is out rageous!  I'm on the edge with the tank and bottles. Can never really decide if a tank would be better.  I'm not a fan of the bottles as have to keep checking them.  The tank wins on that but I wonder if the bottles work out cheaper - I use approx 12 to 16 a year
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Sorting_Hat
    Sorting_Hat Posts: 123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Watty1 said:
    That is out rageous!  I'm on the edge with the tank and bottles. Can never really decide if a tank would be better.  I'm not a fan of the bottles as have to keep checking them.  The tank wins on that but I wonder if the bottles work out cheaper - I use approx 12 to 16 a year
    Bulk tanks have always been much  cheaper in terms of PPL.  The issue could be the tank rental for a bulk tank as well as the installation, not just the cost but where any tank could go.

I would work out how much in Pence Per Litre your paying with the cylinders, then see about the installation etc.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback