Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

New 47kg LPG what are you paying thread

edited 24 November 2018 at 8:28PM in LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels
59 replies 15.3K views

Replies

• Just been quoted from Flogas at £70.27

This up from £52.18 last March 2019

What a racket!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Tell flogas you have read on here of people paying less than £60, we currently pay just under £60 E.Midlands, they tried to increase it to just under £65 and I said bluntly that if they did I would go back to Calor, they will negotiate.
  • I am paying £62.53 inc VAT with Flogas in West Wales
  • Energyboi545Energyboi545 Forumite
    3 Posts
    First Post Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi there,
    Please can someone help me??
    I am going to rent a property, but the heating is LPG!!! Can someone tell me how much it will cost to heat a 2 bedroom house, with approx 9 radiators and 2 showers a day?? Cooking is electric!
    OR could someone point me in the direction of a comparison site??
    Cheers
    Nicolas
  • A._BadgerA._Badger Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    47kg Flogas canister now £79 here (Kent borders). A scandalous price given the current state of the oil and gas wholesale markets. CMA to investigate this market? Don't male me laugh!
  • frugalstephenfrugalstephen Forumite
    142 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    A._Badger said:
    47kg Flogas canister now £79 here (Kent borders). A scandalous price given the current state of the oil and gas wholesale markets. CMA to investigate this market? Don't male me laugh!

Still £96 here in Northern Ireland. No one cares buddy, this is just a 'whinge' thread, just suck it up...
    0 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    A._Badger said:

Still £96 here in Northern Ireland. No one cares buddy, this is just a 'whinge' thread, just suck it up...
    We all know the situation in N.I.  and this isnt a "whinge" thread its for people to compare whats being charged where, as I have said more than once if e.g your supplier is flogas (or calor) and they are charging you £x you can quote that they are selling it for £y in other areas/to other customers, they will and do negoatiate on price.
    And btw I agree the situation in N.I is a scandal and has been for years, going off the current wholesale prices we should non of us be paying more than £50.
  • aligibaligib Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Type your commentwe buy our 47kg from a independent in Essex  progasessex   47kg £55 each  great services  
  • MarkbaMarkba Forumite
    3 Posts
    Second Anniversary First Post
    If your lucky enough and live in or around Birmingham. 47kg is £40 a bottle from an independent in the city 
    0 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Theres a company called "yorkshire gas services" based in the Doncaster area currently charging £45