Forum Home» Energy» LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels

New 47kg LPG what are you paying thread - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

New 47kg LPG what are you paying thread

53 replies 14.1K views

Replies

• Just been quoted from Flogas at £70.27

This up from £52.18 last March 2019

What a racket!
  • venisonvenison Forumite
    4.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tell flogas you have read on here of people paying less than £60, we currently pay just under £60 E.Midlands, they tried to increase it to just under £65 and I said bluntly that if they did I would go back to Calor, they will negotiate.
    Boycott the right wing press !
  • joshj3980joshj3980 Forumite
    1 posts
    I am paying £62.53 inc VAT with Flogas in West Wales
  • Energyboi545Energyboi545 Forumite
    3 posts
    First Post Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi there,
    Please can someone help me??
    I am going to rent a property, but the heating is LPG!!! Can someone tell me how much it will cost to heat a 2 bedroom house, with approx 9 radiators and 2 showers a day?? Cooking is electric!
    OR could someone point me in the direction of a comparison site??
    Cheers
    Nicolas
  • A._BadgerA._Badger Forumite
    5.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    47kg Flogas canister now £79 here (Kent borders). A scandalous price given the current state of the oil and gas wholesale markets. CMA to investigate this market? Don't male me laugh!
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • frugalstephenfrugalstephen Forumite
    141 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    A._Badger said:
    47kg Flogas canister now £79 here (Kent borders). A scandalous price given the current state of the oil and gas wholesale markets. CMA to investigate this market? Don't male me laugh!

Still £96 here in Northern Ireland. No one cares buddy, this is just a 'whinge' thread, just suck it up...
    4.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    A._Badger said:

Still £96 here in Northern Ireland. No one cares buddy, this is just a 'whinge' thread, just suck it up...
    We all know the situation in N.I.  and this isnt a "whinge" thread its for people to compare whats being charged where, as I have said more than once if e.g your supplier is flogas (or calor) and they are charging you £x you can quote that they are selling it for £y in other areas/to other customers, they will and do negoatiate on price.
    And btw I agree the situation in N.I is a scandal and has been for years, going off the current wholesale prices we should non of us be paying more than £50.
  • aligibaligib Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Type your commentwe buy our 47kg from a independent in Essex  progasessex   47kg £55 each  great services  
  • MarkbaMarkba Forumite
    3 posts
    Second Anniversary First Post
    If your lucky enough and live in or around Birmingham. 47kg is £40 a bottle from an independent in the city 
    4.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theres a company called "yorkshire gas services" based in the Doncaster area currently charging £45