IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excell parking..bw legal threat of court proceedings

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 November 2018 at 10:17PM
    Options
    Look at their privacy webpage for an email for the DPO, for the SAR.

As for the reply to the LBA, I don't like that template - as it's a template! I don't know why people don't simply write their own saying they are not liable. You do not need to list what you want, in the reply to the LBC, if you are also sending their DPO a SAR!

You can just refer to the fact you have sent them a SAR and ask them to restrict data processing for 30 days in view of the SAR being processed and the clear need for you to have a reasonable period to then consider the data and documents & photos provided.

You do not need to send stuff to a registered office. A lot of firms use fake addresses, even mail handler sham addresses in Scotland in some cases, to hide their real address.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 November 2018 at 10:30PM
    Options
    Terry78 wrote: »
    1) When you say DPO do you mean send a SAR to Excel for the attention of their Data Protection Officer?

2) And can i email it to them or does it all have to be done via post? ....

just wanted to check this and that DPO isnt something else i am not yet aware of...

3) is my rebutal content ok?

1) correct

2) the DPO contact should be on their webpage for their Sheffield address, I would have thought you could email them or click on a button or similar. Post is a last resort

3) as I have said before, I do not provuide legal advice, so would never comment on a legal letter unless there was something blatantly obvious and incorrect to the non-legal person like me

if you have used the link I gave you to adapt one, then I would suggest its ok, especially if somebody else has used it already , but you should take the comments above onboard too, as this is a fluid topic, it changes by the week

ps:- after some research of my own, I would email it with a pic or scan of the V5C if the keeper still has it, which is the same person they are sending letters to etc, as proof of identity in order to get this data (think about it, DPA works both ways)
  • onlyfoolsandparking
    Options
    Sorry another question.... i have checked excels address at the bottom of the cover page they sent along with the bw legal LOC, and note that the address on the letter is for the central ticket office, this address differs from their registered address on companies house? Which do i post to, anyone know whos dealt with excel please

Details for the scammers are:

Excel parking services ltd
    2 Europa Court
    Sheffield Business park
    Sheffield
    S9 1XE

I never emailed them, letters all the way for me with free proof of posting of course (don't know whether it made any difference sending letters rather than emailing the clowns)
  • Terry78
    Terry78 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Look at their privacy webpage for an email for the DPO, for the SAR.

As for the reply to the LBA, I don't like that template - as it's a template! I don't know why people don't simply write their own saying they are not liable. You do not need to list what you want, in the reply to the LBC, if you are also sending their DPO a SAR!

You can just refer to the fact you have sent them a SAR and ask them to restrict data processing for 30 days in view of the SAR being processed and the clear need for you to have a reasonable period to then consider the data and documents & photos provided.

You do not need to send stuff to a registered office. A lot of firms use fake addresses, even mail handler sham addresses in Scotland in some cases, to hide their real address.

Hey Folks,

Couple of questions just ahead of me sending off my Rebuttal and SAR’s

Do I need to send my passport or can the request just be actioned by them to provide me all personal data they store with whom it has been shared etc, including copies of all paperwork they have issued from initial NTK/PCN?

And if I do need to provide this can I just send a photocopy? Not really comfortable sending eitjer tbh and sharing more data.. kind of counter productive

And my other question is when requesting a plan of the alleged contract and pictures of the signs in the carpark including the wording and font/size on the signs – how do I know the font and size has not changed on those signs or if less signs were in place back then as opposed to the ones that are currently in place? As they would surely need to provide details of how the signs were up to and prior to the contravention date – and not taking into account any subsequent changes?

Does anyone know if they have made changes to the signs over the past 4 years?
    Just covering all bases

Cheers in advance
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Never send anyone your passport (other than the Passport Office), certainly not a scammer. Jeez!

All they should be sent is a copy of your V5C (logbook).
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Terry78
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Never send anyone your passport (other than the Passport Office), certainly not a scammer. Jeez!

All they should be sent is a copy of your V5C (logbook).

Thanks.. i didn't think so either but as i have never request one before i simply have no idea.

Problem with the V5 though as sold the car just shy of a year ago..
  • Terry78
    Options
    Reading again from another forum seems a photocopy of passport or driving license is more than enough
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't supply either of those! Far too much information and a breach of the law if they insist.

They know who you are from the DVLA and any such data collection is excessive. They do NOT need that to ID you.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75074367#post75074367

Follow what sparkyhx did!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Reading again from another forum seems a photocopy of passport or driving license is more than enough

As said above ..... NO

You simply cannot give scammers personal info, you don't know where it will end up ..... they are not be trusted

You have a name and address (which they know) and that is all you provide
  • Terry78
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Don't supply either of those! Far too much information and a breach of the law if they insist.

They know who you are from the DVLA and any such data collection is excessive. They do NOT need that to ID you.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75074367#post75074367

Follow what sparkyhx did!

Read the sparky response and have this copied and ready if i need it.. i will make the request without the need for any id.. thanks for the pointer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure