Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 12

Options

Comments

• Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My poor husband has just had £3.50 snaffled from his coin tray and it's now residing in my pot!

Won't get to the bank until Saturday to cash in my bags of coins so won't declare that until it's in the pot!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • Sue-UU
    Sue-UU Posts: 9,560 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello all Potters, I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend folks, a good Monday also.:j
    To all those who are not well or who are low in spirits, take great care of yourselves. Get well soon and {{{{hugs}}}} from all the SPC family. :grinheart

I reckon your hubby's right, Choccygirl, so be content with that...if it's possible!
    You sound a lot more chuffed in your last post, so brilliant work - with the FB sales, surveys too!!? Eb!y sales too?! Excellent savings, you really are doing fantastically!!!! :j

Well done your hubby, ploppy!! :dance:He's obviously just as keen as you are! BTW, I quite agree with your advice about local shops, post offices too, when swapping cash in October. I've always taken mine to our village shop/PO, perfect!! PS, I hope all's well re the x-ray.

Excellent work, Loz!! I know things are never easy in January, but quite believe your determination will get you through!! :D

Nice work, NannyG, and at least it's creeping on up!! Re your latest post, you and I are both doing the same with NSDs!

Patients charlies tribe, determination and... that bag of coins is keeping you going for now, but you and I both know that it'll gradually creep up! :)

From where I am right now (my mobile) RaspberryJamming, I'm in the same situation as you were, I can never see signatures using my phone. Still, I take Robin's word for your No being there.
    You SCAVANGED money from your hubby's pocket??! :eek: Brilliant work!! :rotfl: PS. Brilliant work from your eldest, following in Mum's footsteps!! :D

Very many thanks for helping RaspberryJamming out, Robin! That earns you a lovely gold star for being so helpful!! :staradmin

Excellent potting, Iheart, a nice amount potted!!

You've earned quite a few gold stars, swimminginaseaofdebt, it must be at least 4. Gold stars 4 or whatever is a perfect was to put them on your siggy.
    Good potting by the way!! :D

Hubby and you are doing amazingly, Homegrown, super work!!! The £39 you've already saved is a truly wonderful amount!!!! :j

BTW, I reckon you're right about Choccygirl being our potting queen for Saturday!

You're another one doing really well, datlex!!

Oh my word what a night, weenapoops!! :dance:What with that and your fall I'm not surprised you didn't get to go out on Saturday, but at least you're hubby managed to take a little cash back to help make your hangover better!! Well done re your latest post!!

One thing at a time, Aaleigha, you've enough on your mind right now with the move coming up. Concentrate on selling things and potting the proceeds once you've settled in and get more time to yourself. :D

You're not alone re mental health problems, myself I've had 2 breakdowns, both in the 80s, but I'm fine these days as long as I don't overdo things. All of us on SPC are very compassionate and care a lot for each other so if ever you want to talk, please do, you'll never be criticised only treated as part of the family that we've all become. :kisses3:

We all have times when potting isn't easy, and most of us have NSDs, I have 6 a week as we live in the country! It doesn't matter what we save, some manage to pot a lot, quite a few just do the best possible, but whatever we save is cash... not spent!!! You be happy with whatever you manage, but most of all...be proud that you're doing it!!!! :TAll the very best with the move, I hope it works out fine and you will be very happy in your new home! :)

I'm so pleased the wedding went well for you, Raggle, it sounds as though everything worked out perfectly!
    Brilliant work with the car insurance! :jHubby always rings round many other companies before settling on the cheapest.

Don't worry Vicky, hubby will slip up sooner or later, preferably sooner! You really are doing well so far this year, and your SW £5er is fantastic each week!! :dance:We'll work on hubby bit by bit... won't you!!! :rotfl:

I couldn't understand why we've seen so little of you, Frogletina, but it makes sense now. It's such a darned shame about the closure of so many banks! :( All the best in potting as soon as is possible. For now, hang onto those pence!

Very well done, Llynsey!!

Excellent work Dreamworlded!! Definitely destined for your pot!:D
    Good for you, Purplemumof2!!

A great day all round, Thrice, keep it up - if lucky enough!!!

It might be small amounts, dawnyblue, but it all adds up!!

Oh James... you wouldn't dream of using one of those Coinstars surely?!!!! :eek::eek: I sincerely hope you hold up the queue rather than feeding one of those piggish machines!! I hope you get a good sum from it!
    I do hope you're feeling a whole lot better very soon. BTW, try a desert spoonful of honey for your cough and throat, a lot cheaper than any cough mixture which doesn't really work anyway! :D

A very good day all in all, CapricornLass!!! :D

All cash is better than none eh, 32b3!! ;)

An excellent couple of days, everyone, keep it up!!

Hello all Potters , have a lovelyTuesday!! Save well if it's possible. :dance:

Sue

NB folks: Opening date for SPC 12 will be 31st October 2019

Anyone wishing to join us, it's NEVER too late, so please just ask, you'll be made very welcome!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 001 My Totals = 08 = £163.95 09 = £315.78 10 = £518.80 11 = £481.87 12 = £694.53 13 = £1200.20! 14 = £881 15 = £839.21 16 = £870.48 17 = £871.52 18 = £800.00 19 = £851.022021=£820.26[/SizeGrand Totals of all members (2008 uncounted) 2009 = £32.154.32! 2010 = £37.581.47! 2011 = £42.474.34! 2012 = £49.759.46! 2013 = £50.642.78! 2014 = £61.367.88!! 2015 = £52.852.06! 2016 = £52, 002.40!! 2017 = £50,456.23!! 2018 = £47, 815.88! 2019 = £38.538.37!!!! :j
  • MushyPeas
    MushyPeas Posts: 3,104 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all, hope you've had a good crimbo - lovely to read everyone's potting adventures!

I've cleared out my purse a few times and have just sold something on a Facebook group - the lady gave me the money and it's gone straight in my pot! Another £6 :)
    Previous debt: £14K :embarasse Debt free: Sept '03 :DMFW#42 Mortgage OP savings £4271.18/£12000 2019 :)Started dating OH Mar '12, married Oct '12, Walnut born Dec ' 12 :A SPC 12: 99 £38.05/£500 Make money Jan: £412.34/£310 :T Feb: £88.79/£280 May: £215.52/£310 June: £18.98/£300
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Yesterday I potted another 6p yay!! still clearing out cupboards and found 3x2ps in a plastic bag!!! but I did get another nsd!! still on the clearing cupboard lark and hope to find a few more bits - you never know. I can remember a couple of years ago saving 2ps for a holiday with the dgc (for the amusements) and it got left behind so I may come across that at some point as I don't know what happened to it.
    Anyway happy potting.
    Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - 
  • IWillSucceed
    Options
    Hi Fellow SPC'ers

Sue thank you for my number..

My daughter gave me a fabulous jar with "Believe You Can" written on it :-) Was so excited to put some coins in, I cleaned the car = £4.20 and went through my coat pockets = £6.20, total £10.40 in jar..
    PAYDBX 2020 - #?? Pd £600/ £8900
    1% Challenge #?? 00% :
    366 Day Penny Challenge #??£667.95
    SPC 13

Virgin £00/£8500 FD: £00.00/£1300 [STRIKE]MBNA: £500[/STRIKE]
  • lynnsey30
    lynnsey30 Posts: 466 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another pound in the pot today. Starting to make a satisfying clink when its fed now lol
    vanquis £630/£3019 Robinson way £1207.41/1682.41
    hsbc £11749
    Declutter 2021 6/52
    Pad 2021 £1318.00
  • 32b3in2013
    32b3in2013 Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening

you are up early, or late Sue. Hope you are OK.

£2.70 potted today.

32b3
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    SPC 11 #7 - £968.46
    SPC 12 #7 - £2682.90
    SPC 13 #7 - £4829.85
    SPC 14 #7 - £4173.30
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just 20p to add for me today!
  • weenapoops
    Options
    Thought it was just going to be 20p roadkill in the pot today, as we were way over budget. When did cat litter get so expensive?!! It was deffo a furbaby spend day today :heart:
    When we got home i decided to bag up our used batteries, to go to recycling. We keep them in a little pot in the kitchen. When i emptied them out there was a stash of change that apparently the OH forgot he put in there over Christmas - £12.69 :j:j
    So a nice £12.89 potted today after all :D
    :jYou've got to be in it to win it!! Just believe to receive!! :j

2024 Wins - Feb: Fae Magazine - Mar: 2 Tickets to Living North Live
  • Aaleigha
    Aaleigha Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I havent added anything to my pots in days
    mind you its a toss up between NSD or sealed pots I know which saves most long term

so Just 50p today
    Emergency fund £10,000
    Several categories with savings in
    Cars, house maintenance, birthdays
    Etc I have about 10 categories

Really happy to be debt free after being a compulsive spender
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income