Nottingham Building Society - 1.55% Instant Access Account

Options

Comments

• Biggus_Dickus
    Options
    i once had just £5 in PBs. (my parents must have bought them for me when i was a kid.) i once won a £25 prize. and later cashed in the £5. that works out a lot higher than 1.4% return.

so, in effect, i am the reason biggus dickus got such a poor return. so sue me! :)
    You’ll be hearing from my legal team first thing on the morrow. :mad:

BD
  • billn
    billn Posts: 318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    I funded mine from an incorrect account and it was back in minutes. But with you, I'm assuming you have funded it with a lower amount than £1000? If so, then maybe worthwhile to look in the Nottingham account to see if it is actually there.

No I have checked the Nottingham account and it is not in there, I did put £1000 straight after and that is showing. I will have to wait and see if it goes back into the originating account.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you!
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    billn wrote: »
    No I have checked the Nottingham account and it is not in there, I did put £1000 straight after and that is showing. I will have to wait and see if it goes back into the originating account.

OK, well I reckon that it will have left Nottingham and will be awaiting reallocation in the receiving account.
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Options
    billn wrote: »
    If you’ve only sent a test amount of £1 or so I doubt you’ll ever see it again,... unless you specifically ask for it to be returned.

Bits‘n’bobs like that get transferred directly into a special account that funds lavish staff Xmas parties, trips abroad, expensive cars, lap-dancers and such like.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you’ve only sent a test amount of £1 or so I doubt you’ll ever see it again,... unless you specifically ask for it to be returned.

Bits‘n’bobs like that get transferred directly into a special account that funds lavish staff Xmas parties, trips abroad, expensive cars, lap-dancers and such like.

Untrue. It will be returned.
  • short_butt_sweet
    Options

i didn't know you could buy lap dances in pound shops :)
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Options
    i didn't know you could buy lap dances in pound shops :)
    :D:D

..I take it you’ve never been to Nottingham. :money:
  • mersey
    mersey Posts: 1,296 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Already had an account with Nottingham BS,transferred over to new rate.The way the savings market is,you have got to be very alert to what’s going on.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Looks like the account has been pulled.
  • djpailo
    djpailo Posts: 550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    G_M wrote: »
    Looks like the account has been pulled.

Yup, reported earlier in the thread:
    Motormad wrote: »
    I see this account has been pulled already,I presume you can still add funds as long as it was opened on time

Marcus is still available for a slightly lower 1.5% however.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure