We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Slimming for Santa - Slimming World support thread 2018

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 67,000 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    greentiger wrote: »
    Kathryn, I am so sorry that you didn’t get great news at the hospital. Knowing you, you’ll sort that wee gain before you know it. Hugs.

Tasty, tasty, bubbs.
    beanielou wrote: »
    Bubbs~~what is the latest on your 'manky legs'?

It only 1, the right one, MRI scan is next week, consultant think is the following week, also have diabetic nurse on different day :o might move my bed in:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,948 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »

It only 1, the right one, MRI scan is next week, consultant think is the following week, also have diabetic nurse on different day :o might move my bed in:rotfl::rotfl:

Keep us posted :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 67,000 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Keep us posted :)

Will do ;):D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    New week, but aiming to try and stay on something resembling the plan.
    Not the easiest of days as so busy. I'm off work as daughter has 2 hospital appointments today and not feeling great and in a little bit of discomfort but daughter comes first

Today's 'plan':
    Breakfast - bacon, egg, tomato and mushrooms
    Lunch - meal out between appointments. Daughter requested an all you can eat place. Plan is to hit the salad bar first each time I go up and try my best
    Dinner - jerk chicken

HA - milk
    HB - not sure
    Syns - lunch
    Zebras rock
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    Morning!

Been absent for a few days thanks to Norovirus but back in work today. Didn't eat a thing Sunday or Monday this week, yesterday had a sandwich and then a bit of gammon and veg for tea.

Back on plan today:
    B - Porridge made with milk HEA & B, and some fruit (strawbs, blackberries and a tangerine)
    L - SW fry up
    D - Roast chicken and veg

I lost out on Mr Skinny to a worthy adversary but was delighted to see him win! Couldn't have lost to a better guy :)
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• Bozwood
    Bozwood Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning. Well it’s weight day for me I had better have lost. This morning I have had weetabix and a pear. Not sure about lunch but have pulled salmon out off the freezer for tea I am going to Tesco to get some new potatoes and different veg
  • OxfordGirl
    Options
    Morning All,

Got weighed last night, -0.5 lb. Quite disappointed with that as I have been on plan all week, but target is in sight! :) 5.5lb to go!
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,669 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Kathrynha - those all you can eat places usually have plain rice and a grill so you might be OK if the one you go to does. DH wanted to go to one yesterday on the way back from his pre diabetic class but I persuaded him that it has to wait until I'm nearer bottom end of target! This was after they'd weighed him this morning and told him he needed to lose a small amount of weight (just 5%):rotfl:

DH has decided he is going to join me with doing SW properly rather than just "playing" at it!

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better and back on plan today fatrab.

Oxford Girl - it's often hard to lose those last few pounds but you'll get there in the end. I got to target losing mainly 0.5lb a week with the odd lb now and again.

Today's plan:

B - bacon & mushroom omelette
    L - Not sure but might make some tuna fishcakes or might just have a tuna & cucumber sandwich
    D - beef tagine; spicy couscous; salad

HEA - milk as usual
    HEB - bread?
    Syns - None planned:D

Denise
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,669 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Change of plan for lunch - found some tuna and sweetcorn fritters in the freezer so going to have those with some chips & coleslaw; so 0.5 syn for LTL mayo.

Denise
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Kathrynha - Even though my eating habits have changed, all-you-can-eat places would still be my downfall but I guess your plan to load up on salad first is a good one. I'd just head for the meat lol.

Oxfordgirl - we've got the same weight to lose ...frustrating isn't it though, personally speaking, I'm finding that I've got to be more stricter with myself now than when I first started. I'm also upping my exercise if only to try and up that calorie deficit!

Working from home today so I'm having to force myself not to pick which is made worse as hubby got a load of pick & mix and they're there sat looking at me everytime I go downstairs.

Not sure what's on the menu tonight - I really fancy a curry, as hubby is out (where is a chilli pasta bake when you need one lol) but haven't got a SW one in the freezer and it's miles to the nearest Iceland. I might make a detour to Aldi on the way to walking the dog tonight and get a lamb rojan josh ....it's either that or one from Tesco lol!

Either way will go running after dog walking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport