What small DFW things will you do w/c 29th October?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I thought that it may have some sort of porcine qualities as I knew that you could get a hand of pork (I would have called it a knuckle though??)

Let's settle this! (Link)
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I wonder if there are different names for this cut in different areas, as with so many things? We don't see hand and spring round here, (it seems to be subsumed into shoulder here, but I will check with the butcher) and it isn't on Ally's diagram either. I certainly remember buying it years ago when we lived in another part of the country though, and it is/ was a lovely joint.

OH swears by 'shoulder' as the best roast (he worked for a while for a small company that did hog roasts, so roasting pork is now his job as he criticises if I do it).
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    ooo you learn something new everyday! I've never heard of that before, I do love this thread :D
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure