Barclays blue rewards

Options

Comments

• EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,041 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    I just called them a few minutes ago. She said existing customer who has got a blue rewards even you do switching you will not get a dual rewards. I just have a look to their T&C it seems she is right.

Thus anyone else has asked about this ?

"4. Rewards will only be doubled if you:
    a)

Apparently those who already got a Blue reward can not sign up for a blue rewards as they already have it.

What about aking them to remove the current blue reward and the sign up again while switching your account during the offer period ?

You are confusing two different offers. Barclays has a Double Rewards offer for people who don't already have Blue Rewards, but who sign up to it during October. Under this offer you get Double Rewards for all rewards you've earned in October, and no more. That's the end of the offer as it's Double Rewards for one month only. This offer has nothing to do with switching.

The second offer is the the Current Account Switch Service Offer. This gives you Double Rewards for 12 months if you switch an account from another bank to Barclays and either sign up for Blue Rewards, or have Blue Rewards already. Clearly, this offer is available to existing customers as well as new ones, as you couldn't already have Blue Rewards if you weren't an existing customer.

The terms and conditions of both offers are on the same page. Scroll down to see the switching offer conditions.

https://www.barclays.co.uk/important-information/blue-rewards-terms-and-conditions/
  • DennisTenus
    Options
    2) New or existing Blue Rewards customers who use the full Account Switch Service in the promotional period will get double rewards for 12 months.

What is the "promotional period" ?
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,041 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What is the "promotional period" ?

Receive Double Rewards for 12 months if you switch your bank/building society current account using the Current Account Switch Service (CASS), between 1 October 2018 and 14 November 2018 (the “Offer Period”) and sign-up to, or already hold Barclays Blue Rewards:

https://www.barclays.co.uk/important-information/blue-rewards-terms-and-conditions/
  • DennisTenus
    Options
    EarthBoy wrote: »
    Receive Double Rewards for 12 months if you switch your bank/building society current account using the Current Account Switch Service (CASS), between 1 October 2018 and 14 November 2018 (the “Offer Period”) and sign-up to, or already hold Barclays Blue Rewards:

Is it me or is their website down?

Do I have to switch an account that has DDs already?
  • Flobberchops
    Flobberchops Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Is it me or is their website down?

Do I have to switch an account that has DDs already?

Possibly, and no, respectively.

If you're considering switching to Barclays as a new customer to get the cashback be aware you will be asked to come to branch after to submit ID and address verification, for which you will probably have to make an appointment or hazard a long wait for an advisor. So, probably simplest to make an appointment in the first instance and you can open an account and initiate the switch at the same time.
    : )
  • DennisTenus
    Options
    Possibly, and no, respectively.

If you're considering switching to Barclays as a new customer to get the cashback be aware you will be asked to come to branch after to submit ID and address verification, for which you will probably have to make an appointment or hazard a long wait for an advisor. So, probably simplest to make an appointment in the first instance and you can open an account and initiate the switch at the same time.

Ah I see so don't bother doing it online, just make appointment to do all in branch?
  • litepay
    litepay Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Hi - I went today to Barclays to switch my old Santander account into my existing Barclays account - which already has blue rewards enabled and is getting double rewards from an earlier offer.

The experience was amusing - but that's just because I was in good spirits :)

I was made to wait 15 minutes, as my rep didn't show up, and they had to find someone else.
    Then, she told me that this offer of double rewards did not apply to existing customers at all "because I already had my salary paid into Barclays and direct debits therefore I'm not doing a full switch".
    I explained to her the difference between full switch and partial switch.
    I showed her their own T&Cs page for the double rewards offer, and made her read it.
    Manager called, checked, confirmed verbally I wouldn't qualify.
    I then showed the manager the T&Cs.
    Manager then pulls out a printed version, realises I was right, apologises, instructs my rep to do the switch and leaves.
    5 mins later a third colleague is called, as my rep doesn't know how to do a switch into existing account.
    Full switch takes less than 5 minutes. I ask - just for fun, as I knew the answer - for how long payments made into old account will be transferred to Barclays. Answer: 12 months. Full switch printed, it says 3 years, my lovely rep is embarrassed :)).
    I then explain to them that I already had double rewards from a previous offer, they all panic at that point so I point them to the T&Cs again, showing them the part about "new offer super-seeds the old offer".
    Nobody is sure what to do and they do not know what will happen next.

I told them to relax and leave the switch alone as I would've switched anyway (old Santander account, unused).

So going forward, I believe there are 3 possible scenarios starting November:
    1. I will lose my double rewards from the first promo period. OR
    2. I will lose the old double rewards and start a new 12-month period for double rewards (most likely scenario, as per the T&Cs) OR
    3. I will get quadruple rewards :)

Anyone wants to bet? :-)
  • litepay
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    Which payment are you talking about here ?

about this

"As part of the full switch, we transfer all your payment orders in and out (such as salary and Direct Debits) to your new Barclays account, and also set up a payment redirection for any credits or debits from your old account for a minimum of 3 years."

https://www.barclays.co.uk/current-accounts/switch-bank-account/
  • changearound
    Options
    litepay wrote: »

So going forward, I believe there are 3 possible scenarios starting November:
    1. I will lose my double rewards from the first promo period. OR
    2. I will lose the old double rewards and start a new 12-month period for double rewards (most likely scenario, as per the T&Cs) OR
    3. I will get quadruple rewards :)

Anyone wants to bet? :-)

There are 2 more possible scenarios:

4. Keep the first double reward but get nothing for the second.
    5. Get triple rewards - each offer pays out an extra set of Blue Rewards.

Realistically it's a choice between 2 and 4 and we won't know for sure until next June.

The only certain thing is that quite a few Barclays staff don't know what's happening either.
  • litepay
    Options
    Oh you're right, I forgot about the number 4 scenario. 3 and 5 are very unlikely but one can only hope :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure