Barclays blue rewards

Options

Comments

• EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,041 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    clivep wrote: »
    We opened our sole a/cs on Saturday and had the appointments at the bank yesterday. Whilst there I requested card readers. Just as well as although it says you can do some things online without the card reader such as paying an existing payee you need the card reader to set up a new payee in the first place! Requesting a card reader was not being shown as an option to choose in my online a/c.

I have discovered that if you set up new payees through the app, you don't need the card reader. Instead, the app asks you for the expiry date and security code from your debit card.
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I need to arrange an appointment to do the switch. For those who have already had the appointment can I ask how long it took?
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Options
    Ballard wrote: »
    I need to arrange an appointment to do the switch. For those who have already had the appointment can I ask how long it took?

10 minutes.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    derrick wrote: »
    10 minutes.

Great. That’s the answer that I was hoping for!
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • litepay
    litepay Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    I Understand it is also applciable to existing custome as long as they switch their Bank AcC, Set up 2DD and have been paying £800.

Does anyone have any other interpretation ?

https://postimg.cc/bZ3XqJX5

I have an appointment tomorrow, to switch my old Santander account to Barclays. I already have a Barclays account with blue rewards enabled, I have the required DDs and paying in more than £800. I'll let you know what happens.
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,041 Forumite
    Options
    I Understand it is also applciable to existing custome as long as they switch their Bank AcC, Set up 2DD and have been paying £800.

The terms and conditions of the offer confirm that it is available to existing customers if they already have Blue Rewards:

https://www.barclays.co.uk/important-information/blue-rewards-terms-and-conditions/

Receive Double Rewards for 12 months if you switch your bank/building society current account using the Current Account Switch Service (CASS), between 1 October 2018 and 14 November 2018 (the “Offer Period”) and sign-up to, or already hold Barclays Blue Rewards:

If you already have Barclays Blue Rewards you must request a full switch into the current account which has been nominated for Barclays Blue Rewards.
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    clivep wrote: »
    So the switch should be going ahead but when this will happen is unclear. There is no option to enter a switch date when setting up the switch online and I was not asked about this during my visit to the branch. When it starts or completes is anyone's guess.

So I got a letter yesterday, dated Monday 15th, saying the switch completion date is to be 29th and my old bank has been notified. No choice of switch date given to me then and it'll be 10 working days rather than 6 for their chosen date.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Options
    Did you call the before doing that to check eligibility ??

I just called them a few minutes ago. She said existing customer who has got a blue rewards even you do switching you will not get a dual rewards. I just have a look to their T&C it seems she is right.

Thus anyone else has asked about this ?

"4. Rewards will only be doubled if you:
    a)

Apparently those who already got a Blue reward can not sign up for a blue rewards as they already have it.

What about aking them to remove the current blue reward and the sign up again while switching your account during the offer period ?

Also from the same link you quoted from EarthBoy's post https://www.barclays.co.uk/important-information/blue-rewards-terms-and-conditions/

( Red highlighting by me)

Current Account Switch Service Offer - Terms and Conditions

Receive Double Rewards for 12 months if you switch your bank/building society current account using the Current Account Switch Service (CASS), between 1 October 2018 and 14 November 2018 (the “Offer Period”) and sign-up to, or already hold Barclays Blue Rewards:

If you don’t already have Barclays Blue Rewards you must request a full switch into an eligible Barclays current account and sign up to Barclays Blue Rewards using that current account;

or

If you already have Barclays Blue Rewards you must request a full switch into the current account which has been nominated for Barclays Blue Rewards. This is the account the Barclays Blue Rewards fee of £3 is debited from each month.

Rewards will only be Doubled /Tripled for 12 months if:

(a) you switch and sign up for (or switch and already hold) Barclays Blue Rewards during the Offer Period; and
    (b) you meet the monthly eligibility criteria to join and remain in Barclays Blue Rewards; and
    (c) you pay the £3 monthly fee for Barclays Blue Rewards for the 12 month period.
    (d) you remain in Barclays Blue Rewards for the full 12 month period.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did you call the before doing that to check eligibility ??

I just called them a few minutes ago. She said existing customer who has got a blue rewards even you do switching you will not get a dual rewards. I just have a look to their T&C it seems she is right.

There is a good chance she misunderstood your question:

She is right - you won't get dual rewards, but you will get double rewards.

She is telling you that you are only allowed one Blue Rewards per customer.
  • Flobberchops
    Options
    I think the confusion stems from the fact that two similar promotions are running simultaneously.

1) Brand-new qualifying sign-ups to Blue Rewards get one month double rewards.

2) New or existing Blue Rewards customers who use the full Account Switch Service in the promotional period will get double rewards for 12 months.
    : )
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport