Barclays blue rewards

Options

Comments

• GPK10
    GPK10 Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In case of any ongoing doubts as to the eligibility of existing account holders, I am an existing Blue Rewards account holder, I did a switch last month and the double part of the reward was paid yesterday (15th)
  • vacheron
    vacheron Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 16 November 2018 at 9:02AM
    Options
    After reading the thread I thought I'd post my experiences with my blue rewards promo.

I have a standard Barclays current account receiving the single monthly blue reward of £12 (£7 for the 2x Direct Debits and £5 for my mortgage)
    I also have a premier account which I rarely used apart from when I needed a large cash withdrawal as it will let me take £2K per day from cash machines (and for the English Heritage membership).

I received an e-mail from Barclays on the 31st of October offering triple monthly rewards for a year if I switched an account to them.

I decided to ring the premier team and they did the switch for me, switching my Halifax account to my "dormant" premier account.

A couple of letters came through the post over the next couple of weeks, but nothing more to sign or return.

Today I have logged in and the the blue rewards page shows that my usual payment appeared at the usual dates, followed by the additional triple reward points being paid in on the 15th.

£36 per month for doing virtually nothing and completely trouble free. :)
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
  • vacheron
    vacheron Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Additional note, if you are getting the blue rewards boost already it could be worth considering their home and/or contents insurance.

They have generally been quite a bit more expensive for me than the best deals in the past, but with the £3 reward boosted to £9 for 12 months, as long as they are not more than £108 more expensive (or £72 if you have a double reward deal) they could easily work out far cheaper!
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    GPK10 wrote: »
    In case of any ongoing doubts as to the eligibility of existing account holders, I am an existing Blue Rewards account holder, I did a switch last month and the double part of the reward was paid yesterday (15th)

Ditto, my double part was also paid 15th.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,578 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A teeny boost is to have a Barclaycard: that is paying £1 per month when you use it (the offer was for 24 months when I took it out.)
    So what I do is use it for a small contactless payment and then pay that off with a Barclay's DD- £8 earned
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    A teeny boost is to have a Barclaycard: that is paying £1 per month when you use it (the offer was for 24 months when I took it out.)
    So what I do is use it for a small contactless payment and then pay that off with a Barclay's DD- £8 earned

Is this still available? I use Barclaycard as my CC and was not aware.
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Flobberchops
    Options
    It's not the Cashback Plus card (although that's even better if you spend £400 or more a month). The one in question was called Barclaycard Platinum with Blue Rewards - you had to be a Blue Rewards current account customer to qualify, it gives an extra £1 per month for 24 months, and I believe it's since been taken off sale for new customers.
    : )
  • lucky77
    lucky77 Posts: 213 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's not the Cashback Plus card (although that's even better if you spend £400 or more a month). The one in question was called Barclaycard Platinum with Blue Rewards - you had to be a Blue Rewards current account customer to qualify, it gives an extra £1 per month for 24 months, and I believe it's since been taken off sale for new customers.

The card you refer to was still mentioned on the Blue Rewards information page last week but when I phoned Barclaycard and Barclays helplines they didn't know about it. I can't ask by secure message as awaiting PinSentry card reader and web chat was inconclusive! I've now written and waiting for reply. If I'd known at outset it was going to be this time-consuming I wouldn't have considered applying for one!
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Install the app then you can do pin sentry on that.
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    edited 19 November 2018 at 8:05PM
    Options
    KTF wrote: »
    Install the app then you can do pin sentry on that.

I second that. Barclays never sent me a PIN sentry, and I never asked for one. I just use the mobile PIN sentry on the app and it works perfectly. I used my Nationwide card reader to register for the Barclays app originally.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure