Marcus Easy Access Savings Account

Options

Comments

• eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I now have nearly 75% of my cash in Marcus and I’m pretty happy with it.
  • philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Requested a larger withdrawal over 2 hours ago in order of around £6k but still not received in my linked account. Had no issues before.

Anyone else had such a delay?

Also notice contact is only Monday to Friday which is not great.
  • philng wrote: »
    Requested a larger withdrawal over 2 hours ago in order of around £6k but still not received in my linked account. Had no issues before.

I withdrew £20k a couple of weeks ago to invest in a better paying fixed rate bond. I can't remember exactly how long it took - more than 2 hours, IIRC, but the money was there by the end of the day.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    philng wrote: »

Faster payments can take up to 24 hours, though are usually much much quicker. But over 2 hours wouldn't worry me.

And it is Sunday, which may or may not be relevant.
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Options

You won’t get anything credited to your nominated account on Sunday;...bank transfer computers work so hard during the week that they insist on taking every weekend off, from Friday night till Monday morning;...poor overworked little things.:(
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You won’t get anything credited to your nominated account on Sunday;...bank transfer computers work so hard during the week that they insist on taking every weekend off, from Friday night till Monday morning;...poor overworked little things.:(

It's Sunday and I've just transferred some money in, didn't time it exactly but it's taken less than half an hour to arrive.
  • StevieJ
    StevieJ Posts: 20,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Moved £6.5k out last week, transfer seemed pretty much instantaneous.
    'Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers visible or invisible giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the worlds wealthiest and most prosperous people' Margaret Thatcher
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    I see you are living up to your name again.
    ...what do you mean ‘again’. :D
  • Laurence_Harvey
    Options
    :D:D
    Ha! Ha!,...what a cushy life.
    But let’s keep it secret....if the ATM’s ever find out they’re sure to demand parity. :eek:
  • philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Money transfer was received around 3 hours after request so all sorted now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure