Marcus Easy Access Savings Account

Options

Comments

• davidm_uk
    Options
    Does anyone have any experience of getting money transferred back out to their nominated account? Are they in the Faster Payment arrangement? I'm thinking of using them to replace my "savings account!" at the bank I have my current account with, where transfers are pretty much instant.
  • Keltosh
    Options
    davidm_uk wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience of getting money transferred back out to their nominated account? Are they in the Faster Payment arrangement? I'm thinking of using them to replace my "savings account!" at the bank I have my current account with, where transfers are pretty much instant.

Yes they use the faster payment arrangement. I used it yesterday & transfer to my nominated account was within an hour.
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, money is transferred out within just a few minutes from my experience.
  • Moneytracks
    Options
    Just to to let everyone Know, opened an account on 14/11/2018 tried to put money into account, had message today 15/11/2018 that money will be returned within 24 hrs! ( thus they have had my money for at least a day. They say that I need to provide a Bank statement to verify my account ( even though my account id First Direct and all details are correct. I phoned this morning found them to be very unhelpful, they even lied ..as they said that this delay would not detrimental to my savings! PLEASE NOTE VERY VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE....
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    they have had my money for at least a day
    It's still before 10am on the day after you opened the account, you make it sound as if they're profiteering at your expense!
  • dont_use_vistaprint
    Options
    Spelunthus wrote: »
    It does seem unusual that you only need an email adrress and password to sign on, but since the money HAS to move through your linked account, maybe this is all that is needed. So far, so good.

Agreed. Although I cant see any way to change the linked account when logged in , so seems pretty safe, but not really best practice to rely on single factor authentication for a bank account.
    Keltosh wrote: »
    Yes they use the faster payment arrangement. I used it yesterday & transfer to my nominated account was within an hour.

My took a bit longer but was same day
    "It is not the critic who counts..." - Theodore Roosevelt
  • mersey
    mersey Posts: 1,296 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I also had to provide a bank statement,when money bounced back,but it was all sorted out quickly,and received a very polite phone call telling me it was up and running.(I think having a joint current account confused everything.)
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When have people been receiving their interest compared to account opening date?

I opened my account on 15/10 and expected interest today but nothing so far.
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Options
    eschaton wrote: »
    When have people been receiving their interest compared to account opening date?

I opened my account on 15/10 and expected interest today but nothing so far.
    My wife and I both opened accounts on 5.10.18.;..first interest was applied on 4.11.18 to both accounts.
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My wife and I both opened accounts on 5.10.18.;..first interest was applied on 4.11.18 to both accounts.

Interesting, might contact them tomorrow if I still haven’t received anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure