Options

Comments

• RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 October 2018 at 10:49AM
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised - it's featured prominently in this week's MSE money tips email, which has often been the kiss of death for new products and offers in the past, unsurprisingly when details are sent to 12 million people at once....
    Perhaps they are leasing online retail banking software from RBS or Tesco Bank or TSB or Barclays or HSBC or Santander. They should have gone to Monzo for advice.

Edit: My mistake. Monzo also has history of crashing.
  • I'm interested in this account, but can anyone tell me how one can withdraw CASH from an online account? Will they send it through the post?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm interested in this account, but can anyone tell me how one can withdraw CASH from an online account? Will they send it through the post?
    As per their Ts & Cs:
    You can only take money out of your Marcus account by sending it to your linked account.
    This is the same as most online savings accounts, i.e. they're predicated on you having a current account via which money is transferred in both directions, leaving the cash handling to someone else.
  • alanwsg
    alanwsg Posts: 765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm interested in this account, but can anyone tell me how one can withdraw CASH from an online account? Will they send it through the post?

No, of course they won't send cash through the post, that would be a dreadful idea!

You can only withdraw money by transferring it to your nominated account.
  • Rheumatoid
    Options
    I wouldn't want it to be easy to change my nominated account
    16 Panel (250W JASolar) 4kWp, facing 170 degrees, 40 degree slope, Solis Inverter. Installed 29/9/2015 - £4700 (Norfolk Solar Together Scheme); 9.6kWh US2000C Pylontech batteries + Solis Inverter installed 12/4/2022 Year target (PVGIS-CMSAF) = 3880kWh - Installer estimate 3452 kWh:Average over 6 years = 4400 :j
  • Corncockle
    Options
    I just got rejected! Never been rejected for an account before :shocked: Is it just because they are overloaded - is it worth trying again in a few days?
  • retiree
    retiree Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not recognising login/password at the moment. Anybody else having this problem? There are a limited number of attempts available.
  • oldfella
    oldfella Posts: 1,534 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    working for me
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No problems for me - Logged in first time.
  • Clementine56
    Options
    I managed to get through to the Marcus phone helpline and they've confirmed (see post above) that they are having technical difficulties with the site. They suggested I call again about 4pm.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure