Munchin's Marvellous Debt Busting Diary

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss. Have a good day tomorrow.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Good news on the disappearing kilos! And have a good time at the Xmas sale. I love things like that too.

It's nice that your ex's niece wants to stay in touch. Perhaps just coffee meet ups are the way forward until emotions settle.

Hope baldy pup isn't feeling the cold too much after his scalping!:)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad you're keeping busy, Munchin. And fab news about the weight loss :D
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank you all :)

Baldy pup is still venturing out but returning very quickly and shivering... I have a coat for him for the colder weather but I think he might need it now:).

Yesterday was good, I managed to get all the work I had planned done and the cold is continuing to lift.

I'm going to take baldy pup for a walk in the forest now and then it's the Xmas sale :):xmassmile
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Good news that you're feeling better and that you got your jobs done. I bet baldy pup looks cute in his coat! What breed is he?
    🌟
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi SSG - he is a miniature Yorkshire terrier but he isn’t so miniature. Totally spoilt rotten :o but a very placid wee dog, except when the postman comes...

In work but waiting for nephew to text as I’m giving him a lift - sooo ready for home.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    He sounds gorgeous Munchin - I meant baldy pup not nephew, but I'm sure he's lovely too!:rotfl:
    🌟
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    He sounds gorgeous Munchin - I meant baldy pup not nephew, but I'm sure he's lovely too!:rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Munchin
    Options
    :rotfl: Yeah they are both lovely:D

Yesterday was fun. I met ex OH niece for coffee/breakfast and it was such a lovely morning. I was a bit nervous but it was all good and we are going to stay in touch.

I got my travel card refund which I deposited yesterday and it should clear by Tues. I'm not really any better of with the refund as it is to pay for the extra fuel I need each month but I'm no worse of with the new job now.:)

I suppose it's time to figure out the Xmas pressie list -

- Mum & contribution to Xmas dinner - £150
    - Sister x 2 - £40
    - Nephews x 3 & 1 niece - £100 (have more nephews/nieces but they just get chocolates)
    - Uncle - £30
    - Brothers - £10
    - Work night out - £40
    - Work chocolate - £20
    - Girls night out - £50
    - Outfit - £50
    - Volunteer chocs - £10

Total - £500

I have saved up £500 but to be honest the estimates above are worse case and I want to come in under budget. I usually give Mum the Asda gift card but I checked and she would rather have the cash.

Health - my stomach has been playing up this week and I've felt a bit off so didn't fancy much to eat. I think it's probably a reaction to the cold and break up and these things always go to my stomach.

House - the bathroom people have postponed to next week but that is good as discovered the architrave round the bathroom door was rotting. Got a cousin on the job (again so grateful for all my tradesmen/women cousins) who came round yesterday and ripped it off and replaced it. He charged me £0 :D, I insisted he should take some money to treat his kids but he refused. I now just need to sand and paint it before next week.

Today's plans include the usual mass, meet cousins, take baldy pup for walk and tonight nephew, Mum & I are having pizza while watching 'I'm a celebrity'.

Week ahead is very busy workwise but not many things planned for the evening ...lots of volunteering the following week but taking it easy this week. I have dvds to sell on Ebay but not sure if I can be bothered today. Time to make a move.

• Seasidegal58
    Options
    Hi Munchin- I hope your stomach has settled somewhat. Your probably right in that your break up could be one of the causes - emotional times can cause some havoc with our bodies. I'm glad your meet up with your ex's niece went well though - it's good to keep in touch with nice people.

Great news on the non-cost of the architrave!:j. How lovely to have a family of tradespeople to rely on!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
    🌟
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income