Munchin's Marvellous Debt Busting Diary

Options

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 4 November 2018 at 8:24AM
    Options
    Morning,

I think I started the tenner a week challenge in a bad week as I popped to Mr Ts yesterday for basics and it still came to £19.

Work was good yesterday and I was home for 5pm. I know that I'm in the honeymoon phase but I will enjoy it while it lasts. I rang the work gym and the trainer remembers me and I'm now booked in for an induction this Monday.

I made my first payment to my debt and it feels great to see the figure starting to go down.

Today's plans include popping to the hairdressers, volunteer thing and typing up 2 sets of minutes for volunteer thing. I was going to go for a run with pup but it sounds awful outside so will put that off until tomorrow.

I have a couple of bits to get at the shops and am going to stick to my list.

Weekly spends - w/c 28th Oct - tenner a week

Wed 31 - £5.20 Tesco
    Thurs 01 -NSD 1
    Fri 02 - £19 Mr T
    Sat 03 - £15

Total - £24.20/£10
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    It all sounds good :) Our weather turned wet and windy at around 3pm :eek:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Munchin
    edited 8 November 2018 at 7:05AM
    Options
    Morning,

I managed everything I planned yesterday:). I have both sets of minutes done but will look at them again today before sending them out.

Today I’m going to venture to the forest for a walk (knee niggling so no running). I’m meeting sis later for her kids awards thing and then it’s just the normal sort out work things and prepare lunch.

Plans this week- yoga, gym induction and take pup to groomers. I’m not counting grooming costs in tenner challenge.

Weekly spends - w/c 04th Nov

Sun 04 - NSD (2)
    Mon 05 - NSD (3)
    Tues 06 - £3 Tesco & £35 diesel
    Wed 07 - £8.25 groceries & £2.60
    Thurs 08 -
    Fri 09 -
    Sat 10 -

Total - £13.85/£10
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning :wave:,

Yesterday was a very busy day but it meant no pondering what could have been with ex OH.

A warning light came on in the car during the week and it was my tyres. First time ever I checked pressure myself and put air in, sad to say I was proud of that :o.

Decided to tidy up after sis visit and ended up doing a massive clear up. I also sorted out work stuff, emailed minutes out and did ironing. Nephews awards thing was great and he got a prize.

New manager was on leave last week so I guess I better put best foot forward.
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good for you for sorting the car. I'm scared of them, so any small thing I do feels like a big achievement. Be proud of even the "small" things, as they're big for you and that's what matters :)

Hope the new job continues to go well.
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning,

I know it’s early o clock but I’ve been awake from 4 :o. I’m dosed with the cold and have run out of tissues. I got up earlier and put in a hot water bottle and had a lemsip. I’m now out of lemsip, not the best start to morning:).

Work still going well and don’t see days flying in.

I’m going to a wedding next week and nothing fits. I have a dress that could be dressed up but was bought for work. My sister is lending
    me sandals and a bag to jazz it up and I have jewellery. It just reinforces that I need to lose weight as I have a load of wedding guest/formal dresses in my wardrobe that don’t zip up:o

I was at yoga last night which was good but couldn’t quite breathe. I have been for my gym induction but was hoping to go again this morning but an extra hour in bed will serve me better.

Looking forward to coming home tonight and just going to bed.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Checking into your diary Munchin and I'm so sorry to read the news of your break up, but it appears that you have done the right thing. I stayed in my last relationship much longer than I should have hoping my then OH would change his controlling ways, but in the end I did the right thing and left. I went back to my mum's's as well for a bit! You will have these down phases when you think of the good times, but these do fade in time I can assure you.

You're a sensible, practical girl and I'm sure you'll plan everything out well going forward.

Glad to hear the job is going well too!
    X
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope you've got over your cold Munchin,
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Munchin
    Options
    Thanks HHD & SSG - cold still with me but starting to feel better.

Spending front - I returned everything I bought and now my credit card is in the plus (by a wee tiny amount) but it's a signal that things are starting to go back to normal.

No word from ex OH but his niece contacted me (we're a similar age) and doesn't want to lose our friendship and wants to meet for coffee. Part of me is happy that she has contacted me but another part wants a total split from him and his family but I think in the long run it would be nice to keep her as a friend.

I took fur baby to groomers during the week.....he is half the size he was....groomer was a bit grooming happy and he is a tad bald:o but it will grow.

I am going to the beauticians today as I have a wedding to go to on Wed. I'm just giving cash as a present and I'm driving at the wedding so shouldn't have too many spends on the day. I'm working the next day so hence the driving.

My Mum is going to a thing in Belfast tomorrow and has been dropping hints for me to drive so I finally asked her if she wanted me to drive and she said 'It's up to you'....long story short ...I'm driving OAPs tomorrow :). There is also an early Church Xmas sale tomorrow which I always go to and to be honest as a child it was amazing but now it's just a bun sale but it starts to put me in the Xmas mood (I'm sad I know:D)

I have a volunteer thing on Thurs night... now that I have typed it up, I do have a lot to look forward to this week.

Today I also have some work stuff to do and some volunteer things to type up ...so lots of coffee, comfy clothes and trying to exercise a brain cell or 2.

I hopped on the scales this morning and I'm now at 81.9kg, so I've lost 2kg :D. I've so happy as diets don't last for me and I get really obsessive but this mini goal setting and also weighing myself in kgs seems to be the way forward. I also think it's a combination of break up, fedupness and busy job that help.

Right better go find some breakfast before heading to beauticians.
  • ImpulseSpender
    Options
    Congrats on the 2kg lost. Enjoy the Xmas sale tomorrow!
    August 2019 - Debt £8000
    June 2020 - Debt £190.96
    Saving Pots: House Fund: £2015.21 Holiday Pot: £327.31 Rainy Day Fund: £964.84 Sod it/Treat Fund: £12.06
    Stocks and Shares ISA: £189.65
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport